Jump to topic:

I am so selfish.

Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 8:51:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am so selfish for whining about my problems when some kids have no family and go from foster home to home. The problem of unwanted children is so sad. If people would stop wasting money on stupid artificial reproductive treatments to get that perfect baby and just adopt already, that would be great. It would also be great if the governments of each country would remove tax penalties on adoption and parenting in general and offer an adoption tax, and a parenting tax in general, that would be a step in the right direction. So would removing custodial rights from proven rapists. Notice I said proven rapists. I am sorry for ranting, this is on my heart as we approach the Holiday season.
So you wanna know all about Sitara, huh? Knowledge is power, and you want knowledge of me? With great power comes great responsibility, so I hope you understand what you're getting yourself into. Don't say I didn't warn you.
http://www.writerscafe.org...
http://www.infowars.com...
http://www.condomdepot.com...
http://www.fundabortionnow.org...
"Anyone who knows anything about the presidency knows that liberalism and conservatism have jack sh*t to do with being president." -Im
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 8:53:09 PM
At 11/9/2013 8:51:23 PM, Ayyuba wrote:
I am so selfish for whining about my problems when some kids have no family and go from foster home to home. The problem of unwanted children is so sad. If people would stop wasting money on stupid artificial reproductive treatments to get that perfect baby and just adopt already, that would be great. It would also be great if the governments of each country would remove tax penalties on adoption and parenting in general and offer an adoption tax, and a parenting tax in general, that would be a step in the right direction. So would removing custodial rights from proven rapists. Notice I said proven rapists. I am sorry for ranting, this is on my heart as we approach the Holiday season.

It's not the holiday season yet!! Everyone tries to extend the holiday season sooner and sooner each year! Enough is enough, it has its own time, it needs to stay there!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 8:56:42 PM
At 11/9/2013 8:53:09 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

It's not the holiday season yet!! Everyone tries to extend the holiday season sooner and sooner each year! Enough is enough, it has its own time, it needs to stay there!

I am sorry. I am just thinking how many children without families will cry themselves to sleep on Christmas and Hannukah.
So you wanna know all about Sitara, huh? Knowledge is power, and you want knowledge of me? With great power comes great responsibility, so I hope you understand what you're getting yourself into. Don't say I didn't warn you.
"Anyone who knows anything about the presidency knows that liberalism and conservatism have jack sh*t to do with being president." -Im
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 8:57:51 PM
At 11/9/2013 8:56:42 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

I am sorry. I am just thinking how many children without families will cry themselves to sleep on Christmas and Hannukah.

That's no excuse.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 9:00:33 PM
At 11/9/2013 8:57:51 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/9/2013 8:56:42 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

That's no excuse.
I am gonna leave you be. Ye seem a wee bit agitated.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 9:05:36 PM
I am so selfish for whining about my problems when some kids have no family and go from foster home to home.

No, you aren't. Just because one may be well-off doesn't remove their right to feel negatively. It's a similar attitude that people take with people that suffer from mild to severe depression and other mental illnesses. There's a tendency to call those who feel very genuine problems relative to themselves selfish, just because another person has it worse.

The problem of unwanted children is so sad. If people would stop wasting money on stupid artificial reproductive treatments to get that perfect baby and just adopt already, that would be great.

I think that's a bit unfair. If two people can't naturally have a baby, it's therefore not okay for them to want to have a baby that is actually genetically related to them via other methods?

It would also be great if the governments of each country would remove tax penalties on adoption and parenting in general and offer an adoption tax, and a parenting tax in general, that would be a step in the right direction.

What? "Parenting tax," "adoption tax?" What are these? I agree with removing taxes, but offering (read: imposing) them? No.

So would removing custodial rights from proven rapists. Notice I said proven rapists.

Yeah, four things:
1) Pretty sure proven rapists go to prison.
2) What of the people who inevitably have their lives ruined and their families torn asunder when they were completely innocent? Under the current legal system already, it's INCREDIBLY easy to destroy someone's life by simply ACCUSING them of rape,
3) Doesn't this just worsen the problem of kids without families/in foster homes?
4) Why? What's the rationale?

I am sorry for ranting, this is on my heart as we approach the Holiday season.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 9:26:35 PM
At 11/9/2013 9:05:36 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I am so selfish for whining about my problems when some kids have no family and go from foster home to home.

No, you aren't. Just because one may be well-off doesn't remove their right to feel negatively. It's a similar attitude that people take with people that suffer from mild to severe depression and other mental illnesses. There's a tendency to call those who feel very genuine problems relative to themselves selfish, just because another person has it worse.

The problem of unwanted children is so sad. If people would stop wasting money on stupid artificial reproductive treatments to get that perfect baby and just adopt already, that would be great.

I think that's a bit unfair. If two people can't naturally have a baby, it's therefore not okay for them to want to have a baby that is actually genetically related to them via other methods?

It would also be great if the governments of each country would remove tax penalties on adoption and parenting in general and offer an adoption tax, and a parenting tax in general, that would be a step in the right direction.

What? "Parenting tax," "adoption tax?" What are these? I agree with removing taxes, but offering (read: imposing) them? No.

So would removing custodial rights from proven rapists. Notice I said proven rapists.

Yeah, four things:
2) What of the people who inevitably have their lives ruined and their families torn asunder when they were completely innocent? Under the current legal system already, it's INCREDIBLY easy to destroy someone's life by simply ACCUSING them of rape,
3) Doesn't this just worsen the problem of kids without families/in foster homes?

I have a problem with false accusations too. Exodus 20:16 forbids it, and it feels so wrong to think about accusing people. I was giving the rough draft as it were.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 10:08:53 PM

It says so much about you that you recognize that. If you mean that, I have more respect for you.

Ours is an individualist society which produced a generation of entitled narcissists. It seems you already understand one of the implications of that.

It would be nice if adoption were more efficient and better, but here we are. The only thing government ought to do, though, to that end, is to (a) give a tax credit to families who adopt and (b) reduce regulation to make adoption more plausible -i.e. let gays and lesbians adopt kids. If there is any area where the LGBT community can step in and make a positive difference, it is cleaning up the mess that irresponsible heterosexuals create.

So would removing custodial rights from proven rapists.

To my knowledge, no state in the union would allow a rapist to have custody of kids. I could be wrong about that, but God help us all if I am.

Notice I said proven rapists. I am sorry for ranting, this is on my heart as we approach the Holiday season.

Cheers.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 10:10:34 PM
It's not the holiday season yet!!

I'll bet that if an unwanted kid in a foster home were to be adopted by a loving, caring family who will act in that child's best interest, that day would be more meaningful for them than any Christmas morning ever was.

The point: get off your soap box.

Everyone tries to extend the holiday season sooner and sooner each year! Enough is enough, it has its own time, it needs to stay there!

Deal with it.
Tsar of DDO
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 10:21:03 PM
At 11/9/2013 9:26:35 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I have a problem with false accusations too. Exodus 20:16 forbids it, and it feels so wrong to think about accusing people. I was giving the rough draft as it were.

Let me propose this so this guy in his 20s rape someone. Theres an investigation but not enough for a trial. 20 year pass. He's a father of one and his wife is dead. He's a good person a phenominal father and a hardworker. Another investigation went into the rape thing that happened 20 years ago and it found him guilty. You policy would tear apart a perfectly good family. Feel the guilt, feel it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 10:57:01 PM
At 11/9/2013 10:21:03 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Yeah, four things:

Let me propose this so this guy in his 20s rape someone. Theres an investigation but not enough for a trial. 20 year pass. He's a father of one and his wife is dead. He's a good person a phenominal father and a hardworker. Another investigation went into the rape thing that happened 20 years ago and it found him guilty. You policy would tear apart a perfectly good family. Feel the guilt, feel it
Rapists should be punished. You have no idea what rape does to a person. I do. I was raped.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 10:58:09 PM
At 11/9/2013 10:57:01 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Yeah, four things:

Rapists should be punished. You have no idea what rape does to a person. I do. I was raped.

Well you just lost all of the apologies i was going to give to you
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 10:58:19 PM
At 11/9/2013 10:08:53 PM, YYW wrote:

It says so much about you that you recognize that. If you mean that, I have more respect for you.

Ours is an individualist society which produced a generation of entitled narcissists. It seems you already understand one of the implications of that.

It would be nice if adoption were more efficient and better, but here we are. The only thing government ought to do, though, to that end, is to (a) give a tax credit to families who adopt and (b) reduce regulation to make adoption more plausible -i.e. let gays and lesbians adopt kids. If there is any area where the LGBT community can step in and make a positive difference, it is cleaning up the mess that irresponsible heterosexuals create.

So would removing custodial rights from proven rapists.

To my knowledge, no state in the union would allow a rapist to have custody of kids. I could be wrong about that, but God help us all if I am.

Notice I said proven rapists. I am sorry for ranting, this is on my heart as we approach the Holiday season.

Cheers.
I so mean it. I am trying to be a more grateful person.
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:01:30 PM
At 11/9/2013 10:58:09 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:08:08 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:01:30 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

I was going to try to smooth things over and put water under the bridge but no you think punishment for rape after 20 years has more value than leaving a loving family be. Pathetic
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:16:13 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:08:08 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

I was going to try to smooth things over and put water under the bridge but no you think punishment for rape after 20 years has more value than leaving a loving family be. Pathetic
Yeah shame on me for believing that rapists should be held accountable for their actions, shame on me for caring about victims rights, like I said, you quite obviously have no clue what rape does to a person. Shame on me? Shame on YOU for NOT caring about victim's rights. Conversation over.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:18:39 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:16:13 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

Yeah shame on me for believing that rapists should be held accountable for their actions, shame on me for caring about victims rights, like I said, you quite obviously have no clue what rape does to a person. Shame on me? Shame on YOU for NOT caring about victim's rights. Conversation over.

Not yet shame on you for thinking i don't care. I think that if a family is working and then the rape comes up fsmily should come first
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:19:45 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:18:39 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

Not yet shame on you for thinking i don't care. I think that if a family is working and then the rape comes up fsmily should come first

Yeah screw the victims, right?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:25:03 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:19:45 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

Now this conversation is over b/c you're not understanding me
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:29:11 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:25:03 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

Okay. I am really not in the mood for drama. If you knew what I have been through and how the flashbacks almost drove me to suicide, maybe you would feel differently. May you NEVER know my Hell. You seem like a neat kid, but I disagree with you. That's all. I think you are delusional if you think a rapist can sing kumiya and everything is okay again.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:31:31 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:29:11 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

Okay. I am really not in the mood for drama. If you knew what I have been through and how the flashbacks almost drove me to suicide, maybe you would feel differently. May you NEVER know my Hell. You seem like a neat kid, but I disagree with you. That's all. I think you are delusional if you think a rapist can sing kumiya and everything is okay again.

Try multidimensional body jumping every night while you sleep.
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:33:43 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:31:31 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

What the heckity heck is that?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:37:38 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:33:43 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

Every night while i'm asleep i conciously leave my body cross dimensions and enter a different one. I go theough the day and when i go to sleep on that side i wake up over here. Now in the case that i become late by a couple second i wake up feeling restrained from the inside out.
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:45:11 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:37:38 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

Every night while i'm asleep i conciously leave my body cross dimensions and enter a different one. I go theough the day and when i go to sleep on that side i wake up over here. Now in the case that i become late by a couple second i wake up feeling restrained from the inside out.
That sounds like my sleep paralysis. i have horrible dreams, I know I am partially awake, but I am too asleep to move, I just can't move. Feel free to give me the a@@hole of the year award. I am sorry for judging you. Civil disagreement instead, please?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:47:37 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:45:11 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

That sounds like my sleep paralysis. i have horrible dreams, I know I am partially awake, but I am too asleep to move, I just can't move. Feel free to give me the a@@hole of the year award. I am sorry for judging you. Civil disagreement instead, please?

Sure
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 11:48:28 PM
At 11/9/2013 11:47:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 11/9/2013 11:45:11 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Yeah, four things:

I don't care.

Sure
Thanks.
Atrag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 4:38:02 AM
. So would removing custodial rights from proven rapists. Notice I said proven rapists. I am sorry for ranting, this is on my heart as we approach the Holiday season.

Why would you separate a child from his father because the father has raped someone? It has nothing to do his ability to care and love his child. How would you explain it to the child? "Sorry we're taking your daddy away because he hurt a woman five years ago and we're using you to hurt him".
Atrag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 4:40:54 AM
At 11/9/2013 10:08:53 PM, YYW wrote:

Actually a lot of people that have been convicted of sexual offences against adults still live with their children. Why not?