Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

The longest you've been in a relationship?

Artpop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 2:38:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think that is an interesting topic.
What's the longest you have been in a relationship?
Why did you break up? (if you have)

My longest was year and a half (I'm seventeen).
We are still together.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 2:44:49 PM
Define relationship.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 2:53:54 PM
Broke up because I cheated on her a whole load of times, more precisely because I cheated on her with her best friend a load of times.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 2:59:31 PM
Three of her best friends really, but the other two were just thrown in by the first as a sort of extra incentive to cheat. Women, ya know? They take power in fellas being attracted to them.

Also I'd cheated on her a whole load of times before that.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 3:10:34 PM
At 11/10/2013 3:03:19 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Anyone else notice that WSA has finally shut the f*ck up? You're welcome.

He's in Europe atm.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 3:10:59 PM
At 11/10/2013 3:10:34 PM, Noumena wrote:

He's in Europe atm.

F*ck off mate
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 3:11:58 PM
At 11/10/2013 3:10:59 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 11/10/2013 3:10:34 PM, Noumena wrote:

He's in Europe atm.

F*ck off mate

He was in Paris last I heard.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 11:36:17 PM
10 years, 9 of which were long distance (i'm talking cross country, for those "my boyfriend lives 40 minutes away!" noobs).
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:05:53 PM
2 and a half years.

But damn Maikuru, 10 years? Impressive sir, quite impressive
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:49:40 PM
At 11/10/2013 2:38:53 PM, Artpop wrote:

We are still together.

That's a long time for a 17 year old.

I've been in love with my best friend for almost 7 years. We're only a few months apart in age... I'm practically 22. He's settling into 21. We've dated, but as friends, so many times ...not romantically. We never broke up, because we were never together, romantically. In our lives, we've been quite close. He's the closest, and dearest friend I have, and perhaps I, him.

He says that he loves Frobisher, and I said that I love Sixsmith. We actually spoke about that... after having shared a certain book and movie. It's astounding how literature may enable us to life our lives by breaching the gap between what we want to say, and what we are afraid to say directly. But where the characters share similarities that touch far deeper than we could ever be comfortable, at least in discussing ourselves. But a fiction? No matter. While he is my Sixsmith, am I his Frobisher? I can only hope. But unlike Frobishher, I would not be alone in the tub. I would rather be in his company, with him by my side in a warm bed, or in a parlor by a fire.

But the love I feel for him is unlike any I have ever known other than for him. It is a love that grew slowly, that was tempered by our adolescent friendship, that lives on into adulthood as we begin the futures of our lives where I can only hope that by fate or divine intervention that I find him in my company. It is a love that has never wavered, that is patient, which has endured crisis great and small, our changes over time, and the like. I can only say that though I loved him then, as we've grown up together I have only come to love him more.

But the vice of friendship holds strong, perhaps even willing, to those who fear loosing what we already have even if the hope of what may lie ahead is that much greater. To love him is to have him in my life, as best we are able, to the extent that we can. We really just need to do a weekend together... or two.

*puts the wine bottle down*
Tsar of DDO
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:55:12 PM
At 11/11/2013 10:49:40 PM, YYW wrote:

We are still together.

I've been in love with my best friend for almost 7 years. We're only a few months apart in age... I'm practically 22. He's settling into 21. We've dated, but as friends, so many times ...not romantically. We never broke up, because we were never together, romantically. In our lives, we've been quite close. He's the closest, and dearest friend I have, and perhaps I, him.

He says that he loves Frobisher, and I said that I love Sixsmith. We actually spoke about that... after having shared a certain book and movie. It's astounding how literature may enable us to life our lives by breaching the gap between what we want to say, and what we are afraid to say directly. But where the characters share similarities that touch far deeper than we could ever be comfortable, at least in discussing ourselves. But a fiction? No matter. While he is my Sixsmith, am I his Frobisher? I can only hope. But unlike Frobishher, I would not be alone in the tub. I would rather be in his company, with him by my side in a warm bed, or in a parlor by a fire.

But the love I feel for him is unlike any I have ever known other than for him. It is a love that grew slowly, that was tempered by our adolescent friendship, that lives on into adulthood as we begin the futures of our lives where I can only hope that by fate or divine intervention that I find him in my company. It is a love that has never wavered, that is patient, which has endured crisis great and small, our changes over time, and the like. I can only say that though I loved him then, as we've grown up together I have only come to love him more.

But the vice of friendship holds strong, perhaps even willing, to those who fear loosing what we already have even if the hope of what may lie ahead is that much greater. To love him is to have him in my life, as best we are able, to the extent that we can. We really just need to do a weekend together... or two.

Thats .... one of the most beautiful thing I've read on here.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 11:17:50 PM
At 11/11/2013 10:55:12 PM, Cermank wrote:

We are still together.

It's how I feel, probably the most blunt way I've said it ever before. He makes me want to be a better man, and he always has. He makes me want to live, more than any one or anything else ever have. To truly live.
Tsar of DDO
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 11:31:17 PM
*tears up*

wow YYW... just wow
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 11:32:06 PM
At 11/11/2013 11:17:50 PM, YYW wrote:

We are still together.

It's how I feel, probably the most blunt way I've said it ever before. He makes me want to be a better man, and he always has. He makes me want to live, more than any one or anything else ever have. To truly live.

They say that's true love, you know.

7 years, damn.

I wish you all the best, I hope you transform the friendship into a loving relationship.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 8:13:31 AM
At 11/11/2013 11:31:17 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
*tears up*

wow YYW... just wow

Co-signed.

My longest relationship was just a complete mess. It was something like 2-3 years, off and on, for various reasons.

My current relationship is the longest I've been in a drama-free, secure, happy relationship for sure :p It's been almost a year. Usually by this time things are a hot mess. I'm still waiting for Maikuru to go batshit on me.
yang.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 12:41:30 PM
At 11/12/2013 8:13:31 AM, tulle wrote:
At 11/11/2013 11:31:17 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
*tears up*

wow YYW... just wow

Co-signed.

<3 ;)

My longest relationship was just a complete mess. It was something like 2-3 years, off and on, for various reasons.

I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you've got someone good now, though.

My current relationship is the longest I've been in a drama-free, secure, happy relationship for sure :p It's been almost a year.

haha, I'll drink to that! Congrats!

*raises glass for a toast*

You guys are should post an anniversary thread...3

Usually by this time things are a hot mess. I'm still waiting for Maikuru to go batshit on me.

Well, I hope he doesn't go batshit on you... but I'm glad things are working out though. I really am!
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 12:47:15 PM
At 11/11/2013 11:32:06 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 11/11/2013 11:17:50 PM, YYW wrote:

We are still together.

They say that's true love, you know.

7 years, damn.

I wish you all the best, I hope you transform the friendship into a loving relationship.

Wow, I really should have edited that post before I wrote it last night. Had a few glasses of red.... yeah.

The more time we've been spending together, the more I began to realize that the reason I could never maintain a relationship with anyone else is because my mind was always on him. The reason I would withdraw from other relationships is because I was not with the one I really, sincerely cared about. I really do hate to be alone, but even more than being alone I feel like I'm committing emotional betrayal when I date someone else because I can't let them in. I know it's probably absurd to talk like that, but it's the way we are... or the way we are now, at least.
Tsar of DDO