Jump to topic:

Your Life Story

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 10:35:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just so people get to know you and learn some things about you. Brief but true.

Forgive my grammar. I never really care about it on here normally, and saying screw it for this post since its not so formal. Always write my stuff from my mini comp/ipad that I have.

I'll start first, and all this is true and I really am not trolling.

Started in middle school as a nerd. Had glasses and looked like harry potter. Was given the name harry potter as a nickname because I looked like him in highschool, and because of the random sht I did in basketball. I would always get picked like 2nd or 3rd in gym with all the black guys, (no racism, they just were good) because I could shoot well. One game I went to half court and they said "you aint no good pro" My response was "Ill show you why they call me potter, Im magic" Turned around at half court threw the ball backwards and made it from there. Since then everybody stuck with potter as a nick name. I got semi known and popular after that

About 11th grade I dropped the glasses and started weight lifting and working out. I had abs in about 3 weeks and could hardly bench nothing. I met my first gf here, whom happened to look like a monkey. She was a sweet heart and really strange. We lasted for about 2 weeks until we made out, and then broke up with me because she wanted to do more stuff and thought she was sinning. Yeah she was religious.

In school I literally did 3 homework assignments the entire year. I skipped 156 days of the year in Spanish class(no joke), went to the television production room and hooked an xbox and wired it to the internet. We would play halo online. People in the back of the room, would push the tiles up from the roof and smoke pot in the ceiling so it was ventilated through the room and dissipated. Then there was the sex room, where people would go when no one was there.

We would get bored playing xbox and take a spotlight that was used for the morning news, and sit a metal pan on top of it and cook burritos and roast marshmallows over it. My friend set his jacket on fire one time on the air by accident doing it during a commercial.

No teachers ever came back there lol. The one time a teacher did come, me and my two best friends were playing xbox, and another guy and girl were making out in the hallway. The principle walked in showing other people the room.

Her quote " And this is the NTV room, lets go this way (sees us eating food and playing xbox)........ummmm nm nothing to see her, lets go to the pond outside" Never said a word to us about it. She smoked pot on a daily basis.

We had a goat in named snuffy. All the rednecks would feed him snuff all the time.

I got suspended twice. Once for throwing a kid through a window and kicking him in the jaw(dislocating it) for touching my best friends boobs after she asked him to stop. The second time for calling a teacher a c*nt for giving me a 86.64 or something like that. It was higher than a .51 and by school policy she would have rounded it up. I got suspended for 3 days for that but got my A

I graduated finally and went to community college, maintained a 3.95 GPA because I started to give a damn. Was about to finish my associates and decided to transfer to a university where some of my classes didn't carry over too.

During this time I met my second girlfriend. She was a whore. No other way to say that. I went out with her for 3 months and refused to have sex with her because I wanted to know if she was genuine. After the third month she tried to rape me in a car( Not scarred or anything she just reached and I ran). Due to me not wanting to do stuff with her, we broke up.

After that I met my current gf whom I am engaged to. Met her in Tampa while i was there, and we continued to talk online for 5 months after I came back. I was 21 and she was 17 so we had to wait till she was 18 until we could move in together. We talked online and did the hanky panky crap over the internet until she was old enough to move in, and then she moved in. I then moved her back to north Florida for a year while I went to college. I was almost about to finish my associates at this point in college ( had 75 credit hours but none of the required classes, and then decided to move back where she was from) Tampa. Still working out and doing MMA in my spare time before I moved.

Landed a Job on accident as a Bankruptcy rep handling accounts and dealing with lawyers there. Worked on accounts and financial situations for a year and loved the job. Started out at 19 ish an hour when I was previously making like 13 at a factory and going to school. I was the only one at the job without a BA or Masters, but because of how fast I picked it up, and due to the fact I was out pacing some of the people with degrees and whom had been there, they let me keep the job. They were going to pay for me to go back and finish but just decided to keep me full time. Eventually I worked my way up and was making well over where I started.

Then my grandmother passed and I was missing days at work from trying to be across state when she died. She had raised me from the time I was 3 until i was around 15. She was like my real mom. So eventually I gave up the money and the job to go back where I was born so I could be with her when she died. She passed a few months ago, and since then I have been going through a multitude of different jobs exploring more career options while trying to go back to get my BA.

The End lol xD
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 10:50:29 PM
At 11/15/2013 10:48:03 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Must not troll. Must not... troll.

LOLS feel free if you want. Don't even matter haha
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 11:18:54 PM
Your story's like exactly the same as mine though minus the weight lifting and the fiance and plus some other absolutely mental sh*t. Come on man, get your own bit. Go join CreateDebate or something will ya
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 11:23:25 PM
Nobody lifts weights in Ireland. We just get hard from kicking the sh*t out of each other.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 11:30:12 PM
At 11/15/2013 11:23:25 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Nobody lifts weights in Ireland. We just get hard from kicking the sh*t out of each other.

See thats what sup. Drink some beer and beat teh sht out of each other and then smile about it. How to become friends for life
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 11:33:42 PM
At 11/15/2013 11:31:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
That's actually how it works too.

I know, there are irish pubs over here. I saw a old guy punch his friend in the face because his friend call him a dick or something because he cock blocked him from this whore.

Then they gave each other a hug afterwards
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 11:46:29 PM
At 11/15/2013 11:23:25 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Gotta go to Scotland for real muscle.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 11:48:41 PM
At 11/15/2013 11:45:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Mikal... wow. That's pretty intense, man. You've come a long way, too.

how so xD
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 12:03:38 AM
At 11/15/2013 11:48:41 PM, Mikal wrote:

how so xD

It's a long journey, man. You've seen highs and lows. I'm impressed, man. Go back and finish your education though. That's something you really should do.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 12:05:39 AM
At 11/16/2013 12:03:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/15/2013 11:48:41 PM, Mikal wrote:

how so xD

It's a long journey, man. You've seen highs and lows. I'm impressed, man. Go back and finish your education though. That's something you really should do.

Oi when i get the cash to finish it , I am going to do it. If i land a decent job I may just stick with that. So bored with college. All depends if i have to finish it up to land the job, or if I can get a job with what I already have.
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 7:14:04 PM
My life story instead of rolling silverware for the morning waitresses:

A lot of people think I'm Hispanic, or that my mom cheated on my dad, lol... Because I'm a lot darker than my parents. I take after my grandmom like that. She's really dark completed and skinny like me. I am ethnically Romani on my moms side, and Texan on my dad's side.

My dad works on pipelines for a natural gas company, so we moved around a lot. I never finished a whole school year in the same school until jr high. We've lived all over North America and Mexico at one time or another. So I was always sort of "new." In high school I had a bad breakup with someone I was dating. She had just agreed to actually go with me, but when she let me kiss her she had some kind of existential freak out. She went off on me, and outed me to everyone. It got so bad that people were making death threats, so we left and I finished high school somewhere else. That was 1 of 3 people that I have gone out with in my life.

I fell in love with social activism when I got involved with Occupy. I was at Zuccotti Park a few weeks after it started, just by coincidence, and I just took right to the whole thing. It was like Eureka! I've never voted, but I have worked on a few campaigns in Minnesota and Texas. I'm thinking I might want to become a lobbyist or some kind of advocate for something, because I really love the process of the whole thing. I HATE POLITICS, tho!!! I love fixing potholes and connecting voters to their representatives.

I haven't changed the world yet. In the meantime, I am working as a waitress and keeping my own apartment! I love living on my own!! I was always very sheltered at home, because my famy makes a lot of money... But I love this. I honestly love waiting tables, and wish I could do it forever. I can't pay my bills, I'm broke all the time, I can't afford a car, I'm neurotic, lonely, clingy, hardworking, creative, smart, goofy, and I have great friends.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 8:46:03 PM
I don't really want to talk much about myself, but I do have a few thoughts.

We get more than one shot at being happy in this life, even though the choices that we make directly affect that prospect. Some of us start from a better place than others, but the measure of success on earth is how far you go and the extent to which where you find yourself brings you satisfaction.

I know it's tempting when bad things happen to relegate dreams to only what we see when we close our eyes at night, but there are moments in time that we have, real opportunities to make the kinds of choices that will lead to lasting differences, so we can never give up hope.

Hope for one person will mean something different than what it means for someone else, but we have to hold on to it even if -and perhaps especially when- we are farthest from the light of the sun.

The way I've come to live my life -and there are some days I'm better at this than others- is by idea that we are all guilty of all the good we did not do. It's so easy to be cynical for me, and it would take almost no effort for me to live my life doing nothing else than criticizing others. (That is not to say that criticism is itself an unproductive or inherently bad thing, because to criticize could equally indicate that you don't want people you care about to do things that will hurt themselves or other things that you care about. But, at the same time, I don't tear others down just because I can... at least not anymore.)

But the fact remains that we have obligations to ourselves and to others around us; obligations that stem from a moral duty that transcends ideology or prejudice. That duty is to do right by others, and that only happens when we do what we are able to a higher good, a collective good. It is one step made towards making the world a better place to live in -both for ourselves and for those who will follow in our footsteps. I know that's idealistic, but it's not naive.

There are always going to be people in this world who will fight to oppose change, people who will for whatever reason defiantly oppose progress made for the better because somehow they perceive that it conflicts with what they believe to be true or they have a personal stake in the status quo. That's just how life is, but that's no reason not to keep walking. There is never a reason not to keep walking, even if it's so dark that you can't see where you're going.

So, we walk on. We hope that the sun will rise anew, because we have to hope that it will, because we have somewhere to go and reasons for the journey, because to surrender our principles is to deny what is most foundational to our humanity. So, we walk on.
Tsar of DDO
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 1:36:33 PM
Ok, my go. Let's see if I've anything decent to say.

I'd say......in some ways I am a prince who forsook his inheritance. My grandfather was always regarded the king of _____, my father and uncle are two very prominent figures in our community, my mother and aunt are two Irish teachers. My family is loaded. LOADED..... I'd say there's upwards of a million a year coming into this lovely little estate, though it's modestly spent. I, then, went in quite a different direction, associating with a less well-thought-of sort of people. That isn't exactly the start, though.

I grew up a prodigy in a small town. I have trophies for sport - national trophies some of them, same for art and mathematics. I was actually presented a plaque one year, a congratulatory thing, a picture of me holding a trophy on it and a little message from whoever: "Well done from _____." I also received a crystal ashtray along with that plaque which might have had something to do with my downfall lol. Or maybe they knew what was coming, I dunno. I was like 14 lol.....and then my intelligence and achievement was thrown into the deep end, one town so easily conquered, perhaps, I was cast in amongst many others where strength had grown outside of my influence. I guess that is an interesting way of considering it.

I'm leaving out a lot of stuff, of course. A lot of family stuff which has had real impact on who I am today. There's a mishmash of psychology to me. I'm not so sure exactly where I finish up. I'm reminded of the second episode of Doctor Who, The End of the World, where the Doctor insists upon Rose that he just is who he is. Oftentimes I've thought that maybe I threw down my princedom as a way to endear myself to those other elements, as a part of the military unit that a family might easily be conceived of as being. It took me a long time to beat such notions out of myself, but I'm fairly sure I've succeeded. Well, largely anyway. There's just an internal nagging to me these days. I guess not at all dissimilar to Master's Sound of Drums... but it rarely rears its head. I mean I guess I've not lived so ignobly, and then episodes like The End of Time help me along. Sorry, that show really is f*cking awesome.

I've done some bad things in my life, though, and thought some bad thoughts. That's where the whole "the killer of his own kind" bit comes from in Doctor Who, btw. That's definitely had an impact on who I am, that awareness from very early on. I'm not so sure there are many others who have such an awareness, or not consciously anyway. I have some rather distressing memories. Uh....nearly got lost dwelling on them there lol. All right. Well, I did a lot of fighting first of all. I guess just in anger for a large part of my life, but I never gave in to being a monster as so many others have. Instead I rather recklessly stood up for what was just. I fought every bully there was, I put down the violently controlling at every step. I was sort of a hero tbh. Hard to take pride in it when you're not sure what it was, though. I threw myself to the possibility of "an honourable death" countless times in that uncertainty, my persistence through the pain finally allowing me some faith in myself. I've challenged every unjust authority I've ever met. I'm pretty much just a complete and utter revolutionary, gaining momentum as I go........we'll see where I end up.

And that's pretty much where I am today. Never had much faith in myself or time for romance in my becoming. Pretty interested now, though. We'll see. Hey, I'm surely due some comfort in my life, right? What's wrong with love? My teacher's a f*cking idiot... Oh, I guess this has been pretty abstract too, but it's who I am, my life story. Doctor Who is a pretty abstract kinda guy.

You're all dumb.
NotReallySmart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 2:26:25 PM
I've nothing to say, there is nothing worth noting about my life. I have only existed for very little time though, I have yet too see how useless my existence will be.
There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love."

- Bernard of Clairvaux
stand_767STL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 4:45:56 PM
The year is 1969 and I was about to find out what was in store for a career criminal, who had not even reached the legal drinking age. I had been dubbed Societies' Menace. My Mother was told that the only thing that was going to stop me, was a fast bullet in the back! My Paid Criminal Attorney was under investigation, due to a prominent Criminal Judge, having used his own Bailiff's Gun, to shoot himself. What I didn't know at the time, was that I had already been traded in; in exchange for my freedom, for my Attorney's Law License. I would not see my Freedom until 1980, and that was only because of the appeal that I personally sent to the State Supreme Court, via pro se. The skills I learned while in prison, earned me the nick name of, writ man. I will skip ahead to 1974 when I was sent to a Hospital in the Community, from prison I might add. This was the first attempt on my life, by law enforcement . I had just entered ICU, after what was supposed to have been surgery to remove Kidney Stones. While in the ICU, while still under the effects of anesthesia, all I could see with my hazed eye's, was an officer's uniform approaching my bed. At this point he started pulling the tubes that were connected to the IV, as well as the drainage tubes connected to my body....blood began shooting from my wound, at which time all I remember was someone rolling me out of the ICU. All of this follows like some sort of wild man creating scenes from a movie he had put together, in his imagination. However, this is just part of some very Real Events, that happened in my life. It is very difficult remembering events that I use to feel comfortable with. At those times in my life I did not believe in "Any" God. Now, having experienced the Living God, up close and personal, and during a time when I was now facing life without the possibility of parole, I now have a very real conscience. I can no longer remain silent about what I know to be TRUE!!! God is Real and I just want other people to know. When I met the Good Lord he asked me one simple question: "Will you Serve ME Anywhere? After having been caught off guard, I could only answer, I don't know. What happened from that point on has been one miracle after another. I just had to share a little more of the book that really is not about me, it's about the life that just happened to be about me, but what caused my life to take the road that it did, and what others can learn in raising their children. Thank you. My name is Freddie Byron Donaldson and I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone that have ever come into contact with me. The book that I was led to write is titled: Anonymous Servant: The Shocking True Story Of From Shame To Gain. Available from Amazon.Com
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 6:44:18 PM
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 6:59:44 PM
At 11/17/2013 6:44:18 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

haha well done Dr. Evil.

This has been one of my fav monologues for awhile.
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 12:17:04 AM
At 11/17/2013 6:59:44 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/17/2013 6:44:18 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

haha well done Dr. Evil.

This has been one of my fav monologues for awhile.

I think this was actually done as an improv monologue in my theater class as well lol.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 12:18:45 AM
At 11/17/2013 1:36:33 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Ok, my go. Let's see if I've anything decent to say.

I'd say......in some ways I am a prince who forsook his inheritance. My grandfather was always regarded the king of _____, my father and uncle are two very prominent figures in our community, my mother and aunt are two Irish teachers. My family is loaded. LOADED..... I'd say there's upwards of a million a year coming into this lovely little estate, though it's modestly spent. I, then, went in quite a different direction, associating with a less well-thought-of sort of people. That isn't exactly the start, though.

I grew up a prodigy in a small town. I have trophies for sport - national trophies some of them, same for art and mathematics. I was actually presented a plaque one year, a congratulatory thing, a picture of me holding a trophy on it and a little message from whoever: "Well done from _____." I also received a crystal ashtray along with that plaque which might have had something to do with my downfall lol. Or maybe they knew what was coming, I dunno. I was like 14 lol.....and then my intelligence and achievement was thrown into the deep end, one town so easily conquered, perhaps, I was cast in amongst many others where strength had grown outside of my influence. I guess that is an interesting way of considering it.

I'm leaving out a lot of stuff, of course. A lot of family stuff which has had real impact on who I am today. There's a mishmash of psychology to me. I'm not so sure exactly where I finish up. I'm reminded of the second episode of Doctor Who, The End of the World, where the Doctor insists upon Rose that he just is who he is. Oftentimes I've thought that maybe I threw down my princedom as a way to endear myself to those other elements, as a part of the military unit that a family might easily be conceived of as being. It took me a long time to beat such notions out of myself, but I'm fairly sure I've succeeded. Well, largely anyway. There's just an internal nagging to me these days. I guess not at all dissimilar to Master's Sound of Drums... but it rarely rears its head. I mean I guess I've not lived so ignobly, and then episodes like The End of Time help me along. Sorry, that show really is f*cking awesome.

I've done some bad things in my life, though, and thought some bad thoughts. That's where the whole "the killer of his own kind" bit comes from in Doctor Who, btw. That's definitely had an impact on who I am, that awareness from very early on. I'm not so sure there are many others who have such an awareness, or not consciously anyway. I have some rather distressing memories. Uh....nearly got lost dwelling on them there lol. All right. Well, I did a lot of fighting first of all. I guess just in anger for a large part of my life, but I never gave in to being a monster as so many others have. Instead I rather recklessly stood up for what was just. I fought every bully there was, I put down the violently controlling at every step. I was sort of a hero tbh. Hard to take pride in it when you're not sure what it was, though. I threw myself to the possibility of "an honourable death" countless times in that uncertainty, my persistence through the pain finally allowing me some faith in myself. I've challenged every unjust authority I've ever met. I'm pretty much just a complete and utter revolutionary, gaining momentum as I go........we'll see where I end up.

And that's pretty much where I am today. Never had much faith in myself or time for romance in my becoming. Pretty interested now, though. We'll see. Hey, I'm surely due some comfort in my life, right? What's wrong with love? My teacher's a f*cking idiot... Oh, I guess this has been pretty abstract too, but it's who I am, my life story. Doctor Who is a pretty abstract kinda guy.

You're all dumb.

this
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 4:21:12 PM
At 11/18/2013 9:41:45 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I'm mental brah.

Andoctuir i've lost all energy to call you out. But you do realize that when ima sees your story he will strike
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 4:39:55 PM
This thread needs some One Direction. I would embed the video, but apparently YouTube is down right now. Weird.
Tsar of DDO