Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Is giving out your address dangerous?

Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 1:10:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is giving out your mailing address to someone online dangerous? My mother is adamant that I don't do it, and I was a small child during the age of snail mail so I don't really know the risks (knowing her, it's probably a fear that pedophiles will target me).
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 9:00:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/20/2013 1:10:17 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Is giving out your mailing address to someone online dangerous? My mother is adamant that I don't do it, and I was a small child during the age of snail mail so I don't really know the risks (knowing her, it's probably a fear that pedophiles will target me).

If you're under the age of 18, no one should really be asking you for anything like that.
Tsar of DDO
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 9:03:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/20/2013 9:00:27 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/20/2013 1:10:17 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Is giving out your mailing address to someone online dangerous? My mother is adamant that I don't do it, and I was a small child during the age of snail mail so I don't really know the risks (knowing her, it's probably a fear that pedophiles will target me).

If you're under the age of 18, no one should really be asking you for anything like that.

It's a book exchange thing.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 9:13:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/20/2013 9:09:11 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I will come to your house.

Come. Come.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 9:42:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/20/2013 9:03:54 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 11/20/2013 9:00:27 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/20/2013 1:10:17 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Is giving out your mailing address to someone online dangerous? My mother is adamant that I don't do it, and I was a small child during the age of snail mail so I don't really know the risks (knowing her, it's probably a fear that pedophiles will target me).

If you're under the age of 18, no one should really be asking you for anything like that.

It's a book exchange thing.

Have you considered a P.O. box? Idk the prices but it might be a good solution.