Jump to topic:

Best and Worst of my Eurotrip so far + AMA

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 10:09:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm 23 days into my trip. NYC, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Cologne, and now to Zurich with a beautiful 24-year-old computer programmer girl #Excited.

I've had some emotional ups and downs on this trip. The most disparate one day emotional change occurred on what was supposed to be my last night in Paris: I was assaulted and robbed by French police officers, cried next to a monument for 15-20 minutes, then went on the Paris bar crawl, made out with some cute girls, then pulled an Asian girl back to her place and closed her a few days later. We fell in love so hard and explored Paris for three more days before I left.

None of this is to brag, I just want to share these experiences with you and encourage you to travel the world. So far I've spent around $100 total in accommodation, $75 in transportation ($330 flight over though), and the rest for food and events. In short: couchsurf, carpool, supermarket + street food. Hybrid accommodation strategy: stay in hostel for 1-2 days, meet local students and/or lovers and stay with them for free.

Without further ado...

Best
Underground rave/drag show in Brooklyn
Approached a model during a photo shoot in Paris
Beastmode pickup in Amsterdam with Sandro (Italian girls, Danish girls, perfect Russian girl, etc)
Ethereal beauty of Cathedrals, state monuments, and parks
Romance and adventure with Hana
Trolling prostitutes in the red light district (Well... I managed to piss off every prostitute in Amsterdam while high tonight. Funniest night in my entire life. A group of British dudes followed me around to watch each approach.)

Worst
Got assaulted/robbed by French police
Got slapped and berated by a prostitute in Amsterdam after insisting that she pay me
Missed my international bus at 11:30 pm (Paris to Amsterdam)
Getting lost for hours
Got 80 euros, iPhone, and pepper spray stolen at a hostel in Amsterdam
Being repeatedly asked by beggars, drug dealers, and scam artists for money

If you have any questions about travel in general or my trip in specific, I'd love to answer them! :) AMA
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 10:36:44 PM
At 11/22/2013 10:34:12 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Tell me more about trolling the prostitutes and approaching the model.

Yes I'd like to hear of this too
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 10:55:35 PM
At 11/22/2013 10:09:39 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Did you deserve it?

How did you get pepper spray robbed? Did you try to use it?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 11:02:57 PM
At 11/22/2013 10:55:35 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

Did you deserve it?

Ya thats pretty ironic hah
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 11:19:39 PM
I'd like to hear about the police incident.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 12:13:10 AM
You told me you'd tell me how to travel on a budget.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 2:10:49 PM
At 11/22/2013 10:34:12 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Tell me more about trolling the prostitutes and approaching the model.

Trolling the prostitutes was one of the most fun parts of my trip. It was part of a dedication to conquer one of my sticking points in game: approaching super hot girls. I did attract a few, one even asked to add me on facebook, which she did and I tried to set up a day 2--date--however, that fell through. It's difficult to convince someone who can make 150-200 euros in an hour to go on a date with you and f*ck you for free.

Besides attracting them, I played a few games:
1. Pretend I had no idea where I was, then freak out like, "Wait! You're a prostitute?!" Some laughed hysterically when I was on point, others were upset lol.
2. Convince them to pay me for sex.
3. Ask for the most ridiculous sh!t: beat me up, take a sh!t on my chest, call me your dad's name, toothy BJs, "Can my four friends and I f*ck you simultaneously?" etc.
4. Ask the price to go down on (cunnilingus) the prostitute. She said, "100 euros for 40 minutes." I asked, "I'm going to make you cum in an amazing orgasm." Her, "...okay. 80 euros." LOL
5. Convincing other dudes to go in and fvck them (worked successfully twice). That prostitute ended up being a good friend of mine.
6. Seeing how far I could convince them to go without paying. Turns out that it's until they put the condom on.
7. Dance offs. No explanation necessary.
8. I loved spitting mad game and feeling their perfect titties. omnomnom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model story
I was running some pretty mad game in Paris with this one RSD dude who was like 42. So, for example, I would be hitting on two Swiss girls and he'd roll in like, "Austen, sorry I didn't see you come in here" and try to wing with me. Then the girls would be like, "LOL is this your dad?" haha.

We were walking around a beautiful part of Paris near Bastille when we came upon an entire photo shoot: lights, directors, makeup and hair people, and of course the model--a stunning 10/10 elegant girl. My wing says, "Huh huh, how funny would that be to approach that girl." I was like, "hahahaha, that would be hilarious, I'm doing it."

I walk up in the club like what up I got a cool mom. JK, but I made a strong approach, laser eye contact, dominant body language, "YOU! You're cute, I had to walk over and say hi. My name's Austen, what's yours?" "haha, I'm Emily." --bullsh!t chitchat for 1 minute-- "I'm pretty impressed you approached me. I've never had a guy approach me during a shoot." blah, blah, blah. Parisian cheek kisses, then I was out and laughed for a good 2 minutes. One of the most ballsy things I did on the trip.

In Vondelpark in Amsterdam, a girl ran past me on her jogging route, and I sprinted to catch up with her, stop her, and chat her up. She was also quite impressed lol.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 2:13:54 PM
At 11/22/2013 10:55:35 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

Did you deserve it?

I'd say I 35% deserved it. I hadn't cum for a week, so I was aggressive with my testosterone peaking. I actually bought 10 billets (tickets) and had thrown the last one away exiting the metro train. I was 50 meters from the exit and that's where the controllers were. Had I played the game, smiled and used my tact, I could have gotten away with a warning perhaps; but I was in no mood that night.

Anyway, I used my fury to pull an Indonesian girl and close her that night.

Pissed off an ex-gang member in Amsterdam. He stole it out of my pocket while I slept.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 2:17:27 PM
Police incident: I was being an *sshole about the ticket situation, started yelling at the ticket people, trying to leave, getting thrown against the wall repeatedly, main ticket dude came over and I finally slapped 50 euros against his chest, waited for my change, then walked away.

While walking away, I flicked them off with my middle finger and immediately got blindsided by a French police officer against a wall and fell down. Got yelled at more by the chief ticket dude of douchedom and left the metro toward Bastille where I cried for 20 minutes before the Paris bar crawl (5 euros).

Had some pretty good sex that night and fell in love with the girl over the subsequent days of adventure.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 2:43:17 PM
At 11/24/2013 12:13:10 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

If any of you are interested in long-term budget travel:
http://www.nomadicmatt.com...
https://www.couchsurfing.org...
http://www.hostelworld.com...
http://www.nerdwallet.com... [Charles Schwab offers a high yield checking account with worldwide ATM fees reimbursment]
http://hitchwiki.org...
http://hitchwiki.org...

Watch the vids first. My mind was blown when I learned about this sh!t.

And here's the list of what I packed: https://docs.google.com... For my next trip I will bring a much lighter computer, my kindle, a Taylor BT-2 small guitar, a shortboard, an unlocked cell-phone. I will leave my travel chess set, ukulele, and slingshot at home.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 2:55:02 PM
At 11/25/2013 2:17:27 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Police incident: I was being an *sshole about the ticket situation, started yelling at the ticket people, trying to leave, getting thrown against the wall repeatedly, main ticket dude came over and I finally slapped 50 euros against his chest, waited for my change, then walked away.

While walking away, I flicked them off with my middle finger and immediately got blindsided by a French police officer against a wall and fell down. Got yelled at more by the chief ticket dude of douchedom and left the metro toward Bastille where I cried for 20 minutes before the Paris bar crawl (5 euros).

Had some pretty good sex that night and fell in love with the girl over the subsequent days of adventure.

Your reality is like an Indie-romance. Here is my prediction:

1.> The movie ends with you brooding on a gray-scale beach at sundown. The viewer is left wondering if it's a metaphor for the sun setting on the most significant moment of your life.

2.> Arriving in Zurich, you are drawn into the tragic drama of a street-walking Heroin addict. There is A LOT of crying. A LOT. Possibly some dangerous sex, which you immediately regret. Her pimp eventually beats you and leaves your broken body in a gray-scale alley at sundown. The viewer is left wondering if it's a metaphor for the sun setting on the most significant moment of your life.

3.> You are approached by a hip punk-rocker girl with the cutest lip-ring. She seduces into an evening of drug induced dancing at some strange club that smells like hummus and tobacco. You awake then next day in a shipping crate aboard a Ugandan freight-liner.

"Strange", you think. "Uganda is landlocked." You peer out a crack between two steel reinforced cargo doors.

The camera drifts upward slowly and the screen goes into a gray-scale birds-eye view at sundown.The viewer is left wondering if it's a metaphor for the sun setting on the most significant moment of your life.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 4:59:32 PM
You are a huge douchebag. Did you know this before?
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 5:27:26 PM
At 11/25/2013 4:59:32 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
You are a huge douchebag. Did you know this before?

You're clearly missing the references to several Indie horrors of American tourists in Paris.
I can see how the whole bit seems douchie in that case.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 10:16:48 PM

How to travel on a budget: Find a hooker and insist that they pay you!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2013 4:57:38 AM
At 11/25/2013 10:16:48 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

How to travel on a budget: Find a hooker and insist that they pay you!

60% of the time it works every time.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2013 5:17:21 AM
At 11/26/2013 5:13:26 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I want to play this prostitute game.

Go for the high score!
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2013 5:36:00 AM
At 11/25/2013 2:55:02 PM, Heineken wrote:
Your reality is like an Indie-romance.

haha

Here is my prediction:

Can't wait

1.> The movie ends with you brooding on a gray-scale beach at sundown. The viewer is left wondering if it's a metaphor for the sun setting on the most significant moment of your life.

<3

2.> Arriving in Zurich, you are drawn into the tragic drama of a street-walking Heroin addict. There is A LOT of crying. A LOT. Possibly some dangerous sex, which you immediately regret. Her pimp eventually beats you and leaves your broken body in a gray-scale alley at sundown. The viewer is left wondering if it's a metaphor for the sun setting on the most significant moment of your life.

Sex at couchsurfing house was 10/10 awesomesauce. Russian girl is a software developer, world traveler, divorced from a Russian movie producer, ex-police officer in the cryptography division, and sexy as f*ck. I felt I had to say that some time. Why not here? DDO is my public diary.

3.> You are approached by a hip punk-rocker girl with the cutest lip-ring. She seduces into an evening of drug induced dancing at some strange club that smells like hummus and tobacco. You awake then next day in a shipping crate aboard a Ugandan freight-liner.

Reminds me of the German girl I met carpooling. YOU KNOW MY LIFE

"Strange", you think. "Uganda is landlocked." You peer out a crack between two steel reinforced cargo doors.

The camera drifts upward slowly and the screen goes into a gray-scale birds-eye view at sundown.The viewer is left wondering if it's a metaphor for the sun setting on the most significant moment of your life.

Gray-scale and ambiguity = Indie-romance.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2013 6:44:15 AM
At 11/26/2013 5:36:00 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/25/2013 2:55:02 PM, Heineken wrote:
Your reality is like an Indie-romance.

haha

Here is my prediction:

Can't wait

<3

Sex at couchsurfing house was 10/10 awesomesauce. Russian girl is a software developer, world traveler, divorced from a Russian movie producer, ex-police officer in the cryptography division, and sexy as f*ck. I felt I had to say that some time. Why not here? DDO is my public diary.

Reminds me of the German girl I met carpooling. YOU KNOW MY LIFE

I'm European. Of course I know what you're experiencing. I also know these few fun details:

> Coffee is Zurich is good enough to drink without cream and sugar.
> For some reason, they keep mixing tobacco into the joint.
> The bakery is a love-affair on it's own. (I suggest the "Rum-Kugel")
> German Girls have a remarkably dark complexion for being "the master race".
> Curry Wurst and Pomme Fritz...enough said.

Gray-scale and ambiguity = Indie-romance.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2013 10:51:31 AM

This is what gets me. "I'm traveling across Europe screwing rich and talented supermodels!" Lolwut? I don't know whether to be happy for you or morose for my own nonexistent sex life (it doesn't help that my cousin also did this stuff starting at age fourteen).
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2013 4:46:47 PM
At 11/26/2013 6:44:15 AM, Heineken wrote:

You had me at curry wurst <3

#1 haven't tried. Don't drink coffee, should try Zurich coffee once though.
#2 Yeah, what the fvck is with that?
#3 Parisian bakeries > Life
#4 Yeah, they aren't as pale as the Dutch or British, that's for sure.
#5 It's been my goal ever since Germany to see how many sausages I can fit in my mouth at once. And yes I am aware how gay that sounds.

Here's a pic of me to exaggerate the gayness: [https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net...].
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2013 5:33:00 PM
At 11/26/2013 10:51:31 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

This is what gets me. "I'm traveling across Europe screwing rich and talented supermodels!" Lolwut? I don't know whether to be happy for you or morose for my own nonexistent sex life (it doesn't help that my cousin also did this stuff starting at age fourteen).

I didn't lose my virginity until I was 20, bro. You'll probably be better off, just become happy. If you want to do something worthwhile, watch this and take notes: http://goo.gl....
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2013 6:53:00 PM
At 11/26/2013 4:46:47 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/26/2013 6:44:15 AM, Heineken wrote:

You had me at curry wurst <3

#1 haven't tried. Don't drink coffee, should try Zurich coffee once though.
#2 Yeah, what the fvck is with that?
#3 Parisian bakeries > Life
#4 Yeah, they aren't as pale as the Dutch or British, that's for sure.
#5 It's been my goal ever since Germany to see how many sausages I can fit in my mouth at once. And yes I am aware how gay that sounds.

Here's a pic of me to exaggerate the gayness: [https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net...].

Snow.....I'm jealous.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 3:28:51 PM
At 11/27/2013 3:25:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 11/25/2013 2:10:49 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

So how did that go?

Let's just say not well.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 3:30:29 PM
At 11/27/2013 3:28:51 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/27/2013 3:25:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 11/25/2013 2:10:49 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

So how did that go?

Let's just say not well.

Lol, didn't think it would be a great way to make money. Sounds like a fun challenge, though.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 3:32:37 PM
At 11/26/2013 6:53:00 PM, Heineken wrote:
Snow.....I'm jealous.

I just spent an hour and a half shoveling the driveway, you're welcome to shovel it for me :)
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 8:05:46 PM
At 11/27/2013 3:32:37 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 11/26/2013 6:53:00 PM, Heineken wrote:
Snow.....I'm jealous.

I just spent an hour and a half shoveling the driveway, you're welcome to shovel it for me :)

I spent part of my childhood in Vermont. I absolutely yearn for a Vermont winter. There are costs to every climate. Having snow, for me, outweighs the cost by far. The aesthetics and atmosphere alone are enhanced by calm of flurries.

Then again, I have a bit of the Robert Frost spirit...I'm soothed by open woodland and crisp air.

I hate Atlanta...hate it so much....so much.....
Vidi, vici, veni.