Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Gaming addiction.

Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 8:57:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've just discovered the Fall From Heaven 2 mod for Civ IV. I have to say, this is the probably best mod ever made- better than the original game- and I seriously can't stop playing. I can't read, I can't go out, nothing for the last two days. I'm not even tired. Oh god. It'll probably wear off within a week.

Post your biggest horror stories on video gaming here. Have you ever just kicked personal hygiene to the curb for two days straight and sat in bed without brushing, showering, or changing clothes, and venturing out only to take an occasional leak and eat before rushing back to the computer? I've done it once or twice on a weekend, back in my school days.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Wren_cyborg
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 3:38:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh even worse than that, I have this addiction where I keep logging into debate.org and I don't get anything done. I don't even feed my cat anymore.
InvictusManeo
Posts: 384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 4:27:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yeah, like the time I stayed up for 3 days straight playing Black Ops high off my nut. Or when I started playing Mass Effect and didn't stop playing day in, day out until I had completed it twice and completed Mass Effect 2, also twice.

@Wren: Feed your cat, you callous man.
InvictusManeo
Posts: 384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 4:30:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Staying up for 3 days without sleep is really awful though, no one should ever do it. By the end of day 3 I'm sure my BPM was at something like 140/150.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 11:30:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/28/2013 3:38:22 AM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
Oh even worse than that, I have this addiction where I keep logging into debate.org and I don't get anything done. I don't even feed my cat anymore.

Says the dude with 150 posts lol.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Wren_cyborg
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 12:15:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/28/2013 11:30:54 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 11/28/2013 3:38:22 AM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
Oh even worse than that, I have this addiction where I keep logging into debate.org and I don't get anything done. I don't even feed my cat anymore.

Says the dude with 150 posts lol.

It's my fourth account in 6 years. My sixth year anniversary will be in less than a month.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 12:37:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
when i discovered planetside 2......dear lord
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 3:01:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Video games are just a way to lock you up into a dopamine stimulation without any real accomplishments being made and ultimately take you away from living in general.

Those who are really addicted (20 hours of gaming a day or more) have really locked their very selves into a stimulation in order to give them happiness they otherwise couldn't accomplish in real life.
Nolite Timere
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 6:57:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 3:01:14 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Video games are just a way to lock you up into a dopamine stimulation without any real accomplishments being made and ultimately take you away from living in general.

Those who are really addicted (20 hours of gaming a day or more) have really locked their very selves into a stimulation in order to give them happiness they otherwise couldn't accomplish in real life.

Noob
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 6:59:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 6:57:05 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/29/2013 3:01:14 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Video games are just a way to lock you up into a dopamine stimulation without any real accomplishments being made and ultimately take you away from living in general.

Those who are really addicted (20 hours of gaming a day or more) have really locked their very selves into a stimulation in order to give them happiness they otherwise couldn't accomplish in real life.

Noob

No... ubernoob
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 7:05:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 3:01:14 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Video games are just a way to lock you up into a dopamine stimulation without any real accomplishments being made and ultimately take you away from living in general.

Those who are really addicted (20 hours of gaming a day or more) have really locked their very selves into a stimulation in order to give them happiness they otherwise couldn't accomplish in real life.

That's why they're awesome. It's like drugs, only legal.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 7:07:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I got like that with a few games. It happens very rarely, but it most recently happened with Skyrim. Played it for so long, but after about three days, I just got tired of it. Stopped for a few days then started up again, playing it only for a few hours. I don't play it very much at all now.

Same happened with Runescape. Played it for so long, got tired, eventually stopped.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 7:08:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 6:59:34 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 11/29/2013 6:57:05 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/29/2013 3:01:14 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Video games are just a way to lock you up into a dopamine stimulation without any real accomplishments being made and ultimately take you away from living in general.

Those who are really addicted (20 hours of gaming a day or more) have really locked their very selves into a stimulation in order to give them happiness they otherwise couldn't accomplish in real life.

Noob

No... ubernoob

re
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 8:02:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 6:59:34 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 11/29/2013 6:57:05 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/29/2013 3:01:14 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Video games are just a way to lock you up into a dopamine stimulation without any real accomplishments being made and ultimately take you away from living in general.

Those who are really addicted (20 hours of gaming a day or more) have really locked their very selves into a stimulation in order to give them happiness they otherwise couldn't accomplish in real life.

Noob

No... ubernoob

On another note I started Pokemon Ruby today. I won't be seeing you guys for a while.
Nolite Timere
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 9:05:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I like profiling people based on the games they play. It's really telling of their psychology.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:45:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 12:15:56 AM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
At 11/28/2013 11:30:54 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 11/28/2013 3:38:22 AM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
Oh even worse than that, I have this addiction where I keep logging into debate.org and I don't get anything done. I don't even feed my cat anymore.

Says the dude with 150 posts lol.

It's my fourth account in 6 years. My sixth year anniversary will be in less than a month.

What were those accounts?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Wren_cyborg
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 4:51:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/30/2013 11:45:08 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 11/29/2013 12:15:56 AM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
At 11/28/2013 11:30:54 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 11/28/2013 3:38:22 AM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
Oh even worse than that, I have this addiction where I keep logging into debate.org and I don't get anything done. I don't even feed my cat anymore.

Says the dude with 150 posts lol.

It's my fourth account in 6 years. My sixth year anniversary will be in less than a month.

What were those accounts?

Just check out my profile it's all explained on there.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 3:12:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 12:37:30 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
when i discovered planetside 2......dear lord

Server & IGN?
0x5f3759df
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 5:00:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/1/2013 3:12:40 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 11/29/2013 12:37:30 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
when i discovered planetside 2......dear lord

Server & IGN?

what?
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 5:05:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/1/2013 5:00:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 12/1/2013 3:12:40 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 11/29/2013 12:37:30 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
when i discovered planetside 2......dear lord

Server & IGN?

what?

What what?
0x5f3759df
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 5:06:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/1/2013 5:05:20 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 12/1/2013 5:00:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 12/1/2013 3:12:40 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 11/29/2013 12:37:30 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
when i discovered planetside 2......dear lord

Server & IGN?

what?

What what?

what did you mean by your first thing
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 5:45:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/1/2013 5:06:33 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 12/1/2013 5:05:20 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 12/1/2013 5:00:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 12/1/2013 3:12:40 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 11/29/2013 12:37:30 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
when i discovered planetside 2......dear lord

Server & IGN?

what?

What what?

what did you mean by your first thing

You should know if you play Planetside. There are different servers for different regions, and you can't carry your character across servers. My main is a TR on U.S. East (Matterson). Here's a list if the servers:

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com...
0x5f3759df
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 5:47:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/1/2013 5:45:32 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 12/1/2013 5:06:33 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 12/1/2013 5:05:20 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 12/1/2013 5:00:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 12/1/2013 3:12:40 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 11/29/2013 12:37:30 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
when i discovered planetside 2......dear lord

Server & IGN?

what?

What what?

what did you mean by your first thing

You should know if you play Planetside. There are different servers for different regions, and you can't carry your character across servers. My main is a TR on U.S. East (Matterson). Here's a list if the servers:

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com...

oh i am a nc on matterson. but i also have a vanu and a terran
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.