Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Advice Needed

MadisonMichelle
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:12:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Advice needed. When it comes to guys.. I'm a wordless morob who babbles on about nothing. So how do I talk to guys?
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:32:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 4:12:56 PM, MadisonMichelle wrote:
Advice needed. When it comes to guys.. I'm a wordless morob who babbles on about nothing. So how do I talk to guys?

you dont, they come to YOU! they talk to you while you just sit watching them trying to make a fool of themselves
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Beverlee
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 5:52:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 4:12:56 PM, MadisonMichelle wrote:
Advice needed. When it comes to guys.. I'm a wordless morob who babbles on about nothing. So how do I talk to guys?

There's no trick to it, just BE NICE, lol. They talk... lol If you look like you are fun to be around, they will want to be somewhere close by. Also - slow down and be deliberate... that helps with me.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 6:33:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
isnt it supposed to be the other way around?
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 6:40:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 6:33:07 PM, yay842 wrote:
isnt it supposed to be the other way around?

It goes both ways.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 10:02:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
*you see a guy*
*he smiles at you*
*then you walk up to him*
you: sup B*TCH!

10 minutes later

you get the good stuff
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Beverlee
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 10:47:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 10:02:36 PM, yay842 wrote:
*you see a guy*
*he smiles at you*
*then you walk up to him*
you: sup B*TCH!

10 minutes later

you get the good stuff

Actually, if you can pull it off, this is perfect! lol...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 10:53:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 10:47:21 PM, Beverlee wrote:
At 12/7/2013 10:02:36 PM, yay842 wrote:
*you see a guy*
*he smiles at you*
*then you walk up to him*
you: sup B*TCH!

10 minutes later

you get the good stuff

Actually, if you can pull it off, this is perfect! lol...

it works 99% of the time - 98%
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:35:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
When I'm out on dates, I make an effort to ask them questions about their personality, likes and dislikes, etc. My biggest pet-peeve with this is after listening to them go on and on about how much they love Nicki Minaj, they won't return the question. This essentially kills the conversation and now the only thing I can do is ask them another question and listen to them go on and on about some other nonsense for several more minutes.

My advice is this; if a guy is listening to you blabbering on about a topic wholly uninteresting to him, it means he's interested in you. If you're interested back, return the question. It's okay to go on and on about nothing if you give him the chance to do the same. He'll probably be much more concise than you anyway, but he'll feel like he's getting somewhere in the conversation and so things will keep progressing.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:37:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's a simple trick (returning the question) but, at least for me, it works.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:37:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/8/2013 4:37:18 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
It's a simple trick (returning the question) but, at least for me, it works.

On me, I should say.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
MadisonMichelle
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 8:49:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 4:23:37 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
First introduce them to captain chloroform.

Oh my lord. XD I just almost peed myself laughing. Ok, chlorofprm is on my list. Lol jk.
MadisonMichelle
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 8:50:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 4:32:01 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 12/7/2013 4:12:56 PM, MadisonMichelle wrote:
Advice needed. When it comes to guys.. I'm a wordless morob who babbles on about nothing. So how do I talk to guys?

you dont, they come to YOU! they talk to you while you just sit watching them trying to make a fool of themselves

Ok, thanks. (:
MadisonMichelle
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 8:51:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 5:52:55 PM, Beverlee wrote:
At 12/7/2013 4:12:56 PM, MadisonMichelle wrote:
Advice needed. When it comes to guys.. I'm a wordless morob who babbles on about nothing. So how do I talk to guys?

There's no trick to it, just BE NICE, lol. They talk... lol If you look like you are fun to be around, they will want to be somewhere close by. Also - slow down and be deliberate... that helps with me.

Thanks, that's makes sense.
MadisonMichelle
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 8:53:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 10:02:36 PM, yay842 wrote:
*you see a guy*
*he smiles at you*
*then you walk up to him*
you: sup B*TCH!

10 minutes later

you get the good stuff

Stop with all this madness . On the truest of chainz. I cannot handle this!! XD
KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:57:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 4:12:56 PM, MadisonMichelle wrote:
Advice needed. When it comes to guys.. I'm a wordless morob who babbles on about nothing. So how do I talk to guys?
I wouldn't not call me an expert, but when I see a girl I fancy, I just say "Fancy a ride?". then they jump on my arm muscle and we go home.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 1:24:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/8/2013 10:57:15 AM, KingDebater wrote:
At 12/7/2013 4:12:56 PM, MadisonMichelle wrote:
Advice needed. When it comes to guys.. I'm a wordless morob who babbles on about nothing. So how do I talk to guys?
I wouldn't not call me an expert, but when I see a girl I fancy, I just say "Fancy a ride?". then they jump on my arm muscle and we go home.

LIES!!
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 1:28:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 4:12:56 PM, MadisonMichelle wrote:
Advice needed. When it comes to guys.. I'm a wordless morob who babbles on about nothing. So how do I talk to guys?

Say "hello" or whatever. Talk a little. Then stop, let them say something. Respond. And just continue like that. So yeah, pretty much the same way you'd talk to anyone else. Idk, pretend they're ugly or something if you need to.
GarrettBlack
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 11:20:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm a guy and I'd say were all still looking for the answer to that question. My advice is to experiment see what works for you.
Sorry if this isn't any help, I'm myself an amateur when it comes to that.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 11:33:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/8/2013 4:35:11 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
When I'm out on dates, I make an effort to ask them questions about their personality, likes and dislikes, etc. My biggest pet-peeve with this is after listening to them go on and on about how much they love Nicki Minaj, they won't return the question. This essentially kills the conversation and now the only thing I can do is ask them another question and listen to them go on and on about some other nonsense for several more minutes.

My advice is this; if a guy is listening to you blabbering on about a topic wholly uninteresting to him, it means he's interested in you. If you're interested back, return the question. It's okay to go on and on about nothing if you give him the chance to do the same. He'll probably be much more concise than you anyway, but he'll feel like he's getting somewhere in the conversation and so things will keep progressing.

THIS
Wren_cyborg
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 12:33:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Madison the guy for you is probably having the same problems/doubts and when you meet him nothing will go wrong because you both will be willing to give each other the chance even if you "screw it up." You'll have a lot of times before you meet him where you do screw it up (i.e., with guys that don't care about you anyway) and you can beat yourself up over those times or just say to hell with it and enjoy yourself. Somebody once told me "you don't pick who you want, who you want picks you." While that may fail at some logical level it is the best advice I've ever gotten about love.
MadisonMichelle
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 7:40:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/10/2013 12:33:35 AM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
Madison the guy for you is probably having the same problems/doubts and when you meet him nothing will go wrong because you both will be willing to give each other the chance even if you "screw it up." You'll have a lot of times before you meet him where you do screw it up (i.e., with guys that don't care about you anyway) and you can beat yourself up over those times or just say to hell with it and enjoy yourself. Somebody once told me "you don't pick who you want, who you want picks you." While that may fail at some logical level it is the best advice I've ever gotten about love.

Thank you.. (: