Jump to topic:

One Year on DDO!!!

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 12:26:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yay! I've officially been inducted into the DDO Elite.

*SPEECH SPEECH SPEECH*

Alright, alright. Please, c'mon down. Put your panties back on missy! There are children here! Please keep it appropriate I'll give you a speech!

Ehem.

One year I I became a member of a website known as Debate.org. Little did I know that not only would this debate host some of the most intelligent people I will ever meet, but that site also hosts some of the dumbest, most frustrating people I will ever meet. Ah, I remember my very first debate. It was a debate on gay marriage, and it was horrid. Perhaps it wasn't as bad as many gay marriage debates out there, but It was very bad by standards I hold now, which are a result of an intellectual growth I have gained from this site. That was the very first debate I lost. That debate also gave me the determination to grow in my intelligence. At the time I focused on one topic, and that was the topic of gay marriage. 16KAdams eventually became my mentor, giving me a critique on every gay marriage debate I did. I eventually got it right, but only after a lot of trial and error. I guess at the time I hadn't realized that debating is really all about trial and error. You win some and you lose some, but the true value of debating is when you can take your mistakes and polish them into successes. Eventually I learned there was another side of DDO. This side was the fun side. This was where people of all opinions, religions, social groups, and political ideologies (Even the really crazy ones! (Yeah I'm talking to you you silly communists (Yes I did just put a parenthesis into a parenthesis. Problem?))) could come together and have intelligent discussions and have great fun with each other. These times of course came from the forum section. There I met all sorts of members who have become great friends to me today. This coming together of people of all sorts of ideologies taught me that humans, whether I agree or disagree with them, really aren't so bad. It taught me that I shouldn't treat people unjustly because I don't agree with them. It made me more open-minded to people and that has been something truly valuable. I remember in my first couple months of activity I had a small crush on Or_Ele and Thett3 because I thought they were both intelligent females haha. Imabench introduced me to troll debates which have allowed me to take some pressure off of competitive debating and have a good time. MassiveDump and ClassicRobert came along and are now two of my greatest friends on this site. Leojm was one of the first people to really reach out to me socially and we had fun talking. Baylieboo is an old member whom I miss a lot that I used to Pm all the time. Indeed members will come and go, but through my year here on DDO (Omg poem), I wish to stay because i have decided that I want some mo', and if I left I would be a hoe. Yo. Thank you everyone, it has been a wonderful time, and I hope I am to stay here quite a bit longer.

Now.

DANCE PARTY.
Nolite Timere
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 12:53:49 AM
At 12/15/2013 12:50:33 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Congrats.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 4:53:05 AM
At 12/15/2013 1:49:06 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 12/15/2013 12:53:49 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Congrats.
Turn around, go back.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 10:16:56 AM
At 12/15/2013 4:53:05 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
At 12/15/2013 1:49:06 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 12/15/2013 12:53:49 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Congrats.
Nolite Timere
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 12:20:43 PM
Good for you. Go get me some coffee.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:13:39 PM
Still a newb.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 4:50:05 PM
At 12/15/2013 3:20:25 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/15/2013 3:13:39 PM, Noumena wrote:
Still a newb.

You can never win here can you

no
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"