Jump to topic:

Job Dilemma...

MrVan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2013 1:48:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I currently work at a Winn-Dixie as a courtesy clerk, which means I help customers, bag items, bring in carts, take out trash, clean up messes and occasionally help stock and shelve items. I'm not happy working at Winn-Dixie, but it's not a particularly hard or complicated job, though it's turned me into a pretty crappy person and pays little money, ...and by "little", I mean between $50 to $100 dollars a week.

Recently, a friend of mine approached me and asked if I'd like to work for another friend of his who needs help setting up at art shows (he makes jewelry). I talked to this gentlemen, who said he's be willing to pay me $100 dollars a day for each show, which last about two-three days each. He goes to between sixteen and eighteen shows a year. He'd also be paying for the food and sleeping arrangements while we were gone at these shows.

Since these art shows only really take place during weekends, I originally intended to work them both. But since I'll be starting college soon (I live near the campus), I've been thinking about quitting one of my jobs to make time for my classes. I'm leaning more towards quitting Winn-Dixie, but I'm still not all that sure...