Are you a mean person?

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 1:34:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 1:18:20 PM, YYW wrote:
Do you think you're a mean person? Evaluate yourself below.

I've been called extremely nice multiple times so I don't think so.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 3:08:54 PM

I think I am, but some would probably disagree.. I'm human and sinful so I know I fall to be a mean person.. Is it an excuse? Absolutely not!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 3:19:48 PM
I'm not mean... I'm fair.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 4:00:48 PM
I used to cross the line into meanness with my sarcasm a lot more and cared a lot less about other people's feelings, but I've straightened out a little in the last few years. I can still be mean sometimes but I try not to
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 4:47:52 PM
At 12/30/2013 4:00:48 PM, thett3 wrote:
I used to cross the line into meanness with my sarcasm a lot more and cared a lot less about other people's feelings, but I've straightened out a little in the last few years. I can still be mean sometimes but I try not to

You seem alright to me...
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 5:02:56 PM
Somebody said on another forum a couple of years ago that I'm about as abrasive as a milk shake.

At the time, I took that to mean he thought I was unabrasive. But I guess it's possible that he might've been lactose intolerant.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 5:03:38 PM
At 12/30/2013 3:08:54 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I think I am, but some would probably disagree.. I'm human and sinful so I know I fall to be a mean person.. Is it an excuse? Absolutely not!

You're about as peachy as it's possible to be. I don't think you have a mean bone in your body.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 5:08:16 PM
What does it mean to be mean anyway? I take it to mean that you're willing to hurt or abuse people without any justification at all. You're motive is simply that you enjoy it, you don't care about other people, it makes you feel good, it's an outlet, or just the pure cussedness of it. I think there are very few people who are actually mean even though a lot of people can appear to be mean since we don't understand why they behave the way they do, or maybe they think they're justified and we don't. But whenever I do run into somebody who seem genuinely mean, I am always flabbergasted. Quantum physics makes more sense to me than meanness, and mean people are more alien to me than the Borg.

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 5:10:40 PM
At 12/30/2013 5:03:38 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 12/30/2013 3:08:54 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

You're about as peachy as it's possible to be. I don't think you have a mean bone in your body.

Well let's give that credit to God then :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:26:53 PM
I used to be super mean. Now I'm super nice. Either way, I'm super.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 7:24:24 PM
Only when blatantly provoked. Then it's I don't care if I get killed. So ya I guess
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 7:42:12 PM
This would definitely depend on who you ask.

I like to think I almost always try to be nice, but there are times on this site, and in my work, where I am forced to be less than "nice". I do try to avoid that as much as possible, but like I said, depends on who you ask.
Debate.org Moderator
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 8:02:22 PM

Some would consider me mean, as I get angry a lot and sometimes become incontrollable. Others would consider me a nice person. Honestly, I think it depends on how good a mood you are in when you first meet a person.
Ashton
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 8:59:50 PM
At 12/30/2013 5:08:16 PM, philochristos wrote:
What does it mean to be mean anyway? I take it to mean that you're willing to hurt or abuse people without any justification at all. You're motive is simply that you enjoy it, you don't care about other people, it makes you feel good, it's an outlet, or just the pure cussedness of it. I think there are very few people who are actually mean even though a lot of people can appear to be mean since we don't understand why they behave the way they do, or maybe they think they're justified and we don't. But whenever I do run into somebody who seem genuinely mean, I am always flabbergasted. Quantum physics makes more sense to me than meanness, and mean people are more alien to me than the Borg.

Shut up homo
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:09:05 PM
At 12/30/2013 8:59:50 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Shut up homo

I'm sure you had a good reason for that. :-)

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:11:11 PM
At 12/30/2013 9:09:05 PM, philochristos wrote:

Shut up homo

I'm sure you had a good reason for that. :-)

One mans good reason is another mans weak excuse.

PS: Your still a homo :)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:17:44 PM

Shut up homo

Do you have something against him? Just wondering.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:20:29 PM
At 12/30/2013 9:17:44 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Shut up homo

What's it to ya....... lesbian
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:22:19 PM
At 12/30/2013 9:20:29 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Shut up homo

Haha, Is that supposed to offend or hurt me? But nah bro, just asking cause that's my homie so watch out kid!
"Good Times" ~ Max
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:23:51 PM
At 12/30/2013 9:22:19 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Shut up homo

Haha, Is that supposed to offend or hurt me? But nah bro, just asking cause that's my homie so watch out kid!

Rational made the comment about how meanness can be understood. I decide to test that theory.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:30:16 PM
At 12/30/2013 9:23:51 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Shut up homo

Rational made the comment about how meanness can be understood. I decide to test that theory.

You always believe what someone else says? :P
Why not test things that you'd wanna test out not what others wanna test out? Just a suggestion though ;)
"Good Times" ~ Max
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:33:21 PM
At 12/30/2013 9:30:16 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Shut up homo

Why not test things that you'd wanna test out not what others wanna test out? Just a suggestion though ;)

If your an evangelical christian or muslim or something along those lines, I wonder if you appreciate the irony of saying such things.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:35:39 PM
At 12/30/2013 9:33:21 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Shut up homo

If your an evangelical christian or muslim or something along those lines, I wonder if you appreciate the irony of saying such things.

Irony?... How so?.. Not Muslim, FYI..
"Good Times" ~ Max
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:40:01 PM
At 12/30/2013 9:35:39 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 12/30/2013 9:33:21 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Shut up homo

Irony?... How so?.. Not Muslim, FYI..

Person1 : God wants you to xyz

Person 2: How do you know that ?

Person 1: The bible says..........

Person 1: You always believe what someone else says? :P
Why not test things that you'd wanna test out not what others wanna test out? Just a suggestion though
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 11:13:10 PM
At times, yes. But only to people who deserve it.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
2-D
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 11:14:49 PM
I know I'm nice because I want the best for everyone and rarely try to affect anyone for the worse. That said, I often blurt out exactly what I think without thinking. That causes problems and so people often say that I'm mean... or sometimes that I'm a heartless robot. I know better.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 12:22:58 AM
At 12/30/2013 9:21:09 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Sometimes I mean it, sometimes I'm joking.

But the fun part is that you can never tell :D
Nolite Timere