Jump to topic:

DDO needs more homosexuals

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 10:15:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I mean really... I'm not saying I'm a gay elitist, or anything like that... but more gay guys and lesbians. I am a vociferous advocate... but I am only one.

I only know of two others who are active in the forums. There needs to be more. More, I say!

lol
Tsar of DDO
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:01:09 PM
At 1/8/2014 10:15:42 PM, YYW wrote:
I mean really... I'm not saying I'm a gay elitist, or anything like that... but more gay guys and lesbians. I am a vociferous advocate... but I am only one.

I only know of two others who are active in the forums. There needs to be more. More, I say!

lol

I am bisexual. But I usually enjoy observing the posts here more than interjecting. Although I suppose I wouldn't mind posting more if you are serious. Although I typically see people who see homosexuals as some sort of oppressed minority and who compare the 'struggle' of homosexuals to blacks during the civil rights movement as idiots, as a heads up. So if you are one of those people I probably still won't like you.

<3
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:05:31 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:01:09 PM, Objectivity wrote:

lol

I am bisexual. But I usually enjoy observing the posts here more than interjecting. Although I suppose I wouldn't mind posting more if you are serious. Although I typically see people who see homosexuals as some sort of oppressed minority and who compare the 'struggle' of homosexuals to blacks during the civil rights movement as idiots, as a heads up. So if you are one of those people I probably still won't like you.

<3

lol, I'm not one of those people
Tsar of DDO
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:06:09 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:05:31 PM, YYW wrote:

lol

<3

hi new friend
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:12:49 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:06:07 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Not sure if it's just me, but I think there has been a splurge of bisexuals on DDO lately.

Bisexuality is in vogue right now. It's the new black.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:14:04 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:06:09 PM, Objectivity wrote:

lol

<3

hi new friend

But seriously though, welcome to DDO.

I'm curious how you found the site, if you like it so far, and whether you'll stick around or not.

There's some good here... if there wasn't, I'd be gone a long time ago, but even still, DDO needs more queers.
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:19:09 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:12:49 PM, YYW wrote:
Not sure if it's just me, but I think there has been a splurge of bisexuals on DDO lately.

Tat moment when you realize race and sexuality is treated as a trend in society.

Those silly hopsters. Yeah, I said hopsters before it's going to become cool.
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:20:05 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:19:09 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Tat moment when you realize race and sexuality is treated as a trend in society.

Well, I was talking about fashion trends... but sure.

I'm not a hipster lol
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:26:24 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:20:05 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/8/2014 11:19:09 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Well, I was talking about fashion trends... but sure.

That moment where I read the word black and assume you're talking about race...

I'm not a hipster lol

I never said you were a hopster
Nolite Timere
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:26:50 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:14:04 PM, YYW wrote:

lol

<3

hi new friend

Thank you!

I'm curious how you found the site, if you like it so far, and whether you'll stick around or not.

I actually found the site through someone at school, one of the only intellectuals at my school who I despied in an endearing way. We commonly sat at the same table and sparred while everyone else watched, although usually in school I despise it when people watch me debate because usually the students look at you not with an admiration, but a fascination where they perceive you as some sort of unique zoo animal, so it makes me angry and nervous. Although we sparred nonetheless, he was a diehard communist and I a Conservative, although he whooped my a ss on a daily basis he actually drove me to libertarian-ism with his aggressive nature and extreme views. His name on here is Guidestone, you probably haven't heard of him as he rarely posts, he enjoys observing the forums as I do. Was that TMI? I suppose it was- oops. lol

I certainly do like it so far, there aren't many trolls and the ones that are trolls usually aren't exclusionary or aggressive towards members, just the fun trolls that make jokes everyone can enjoy. I probably will stick around and be active in almost every forum besides Art, Games and Technology.

There's some good here... if there wasn't, I'd be gone a long time ago, but even still, DDO needs more queers.

Well here I am, although unfortunately most of the other queers I know are not intellectuals as much as they are either goth, scene or the in your face type of queer that everyone knows is a queer the minute they walk in to a room. I suppose I shouldn't be so quick to size people up, although my accuracy when I do this varies.

I am very chatty, I hope my dialogue at least amuses you, if not it might be best if you choose one of the options presented in my recent post on what to do with annoying people, haha.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:53:58 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:26:50 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/8/2014 11:14:04 PM, YYW wrote:

lol

<3

hi new friend

Thank you!

I actually found the site through someone at school, one of the only intellectuals at my school who I despied in an endearing way. We commonly sat at the same table and sparred while everyone else watched, although usually in school I despise it when people watch me debate because usually the students look at you not with an admiration, but a fascination where they perceive you as some sort of unique zoo animal, so it makes me angry and nervous. Although we sparred nonetheless, he was a diehard communist and I a Conservative, although he whooped my a ss on a daily basis he actually drove me to libertarian-ism with his aggressive nature and extreme views. His name on here is Guidestone, you probably haven't heard of him as he rarely posts, he enjoys observing the forums as I do. Was that TMI? I suppose it was- oops. lol

I mean, wow. Alright then.

I certainly do like it so far, there aren't many trolls and the ones that are trolls usually aren't exclusionary or aggressive towards members, just the fun trolls that make jokes everyone can enjoy. I probably will stick around and be active in almost every forum besides Art, Games and Technology.

Right on.

Well here I am, although unfortunately most of the other queers I know are not intellectuals as much as they are either goth, scene or the in your face type of queer that everyone knows is a queer the minute they walk in to a room. I suppose I shouldn't be so quick to size people up, although my accuracy when I do this varies.

Hmmm... ok.

I am very chatty, I hope my dialogue at least amuses you, if not it might be best if you choose one of the options presented in my recent post on what to do with annoying people, haha.

Hey, it's cool.
Tsar of DDO
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 12:18:24 AM

I think there's lots. For example I think we can assume anybody who engages in a lot of "homosexuality is a sin" talk is probably gay. Who's more likely to worry about whether masturbation is a sin? A complete abstainer or somebody who really wants to beat off? Who's more likely to worry about whether divorce is a sin? Someone happily married? Probably not. By extension, I assume most people who invest a lot of energy in the sins of gay people care so deeply because they're afraid to act on their desire.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 12:19:31 AM
At 1/9/2014 12:18:24 AM, Oromagi wrote:

I think there's lots. For example I think we can assume anybody who engages in a lot of "homosexuality is a sin" talk is probably gay. Who's more likely to worry about whether masturbation is a sin? A complete abstainer or somebody who really wants to beat off? Who's more likely to worry about whether divorce is a sin? Someone happily married? Probably not. By extension, I assume most people who invest a lot of energy in the sins of gay people care so deeply because they're afraid to act on their desire.

Probably.
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 9:26:14 PM

First off, just reading your posts I already have respect for you. That's something not granted to newbies on this site very often.

Second, you lost to a die hard communist in a debate?!?!
Nolite Timere
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2014 10:29:29 PM
At 1/10/2014 9:26:14 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

First off, just reading your posts I already have respect for you. That's something not granted to newbies on this site very often.

Appreciated, I haven't seen you around much until recently, although I am sure I will more now that I am trying to post some.

Second, you lost to a die hard communist in a debate?!?!

Eh, we never got down to an actual capitalism vs. communist debate, it ended up being centered around talking points for the most part, and I was always too lazy to bring real research while he did daily. Philosophical debates are always more interesting as anyone can win a political debate if they do the tedious research beforehand, that doesn't take logic, just determination. Philosophical debates take more logic to win, although the trade off is that for that reason (since logic isn't always absolute) they are sometimes circular, haha.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 1:26:21 PM

lol

This isn't Grindr dood.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 3:10:46 PM

lol

You're chilling all the time but this one was really a stupid thread and boring stuff from you YYW......... Sorry, but it is :(
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 4:31:38 PM
At 1/11/2014 3:10:46 PM, Dazz wrote:

lol

You're chilling all the time but this one was really a stupid thread and boring stuff from you YYW......... Sorry, but it is :(

Stupid? Boring? Why?
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 4:35:41 PM
At 1/11/2014 4:31:38 PM, Noumena wrote:

lol

Stupid? Boring? Why?

Well I don't know what was the point of interest in it. Just that! May be I can't get the view, I was supposed to enjoy for.....
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 5:10:37 PM
At 1/11/2014 4:35:41 PM, Dazz wrote:

lol

Stupid? Boring? Why?

Well I don't know what was the point of interest in it.

He's looking for gayos. What's not interesting about a man's quest for love?

Just that! May be I can't get the view, I was supposed to enjoy for.....

http://media.giphy.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 10:25:09 PM

lol

Well, then you obviously aren't gay enough. gtfo
Tsar of DDO
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 10:43:57 PM
At 1/11/2014 5:10:37 PM, Noumena wrote:

lol

Stupid? Boring? Why?

Do you have a Doctor Who gif for everything?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 10:47:55 PM
At 1/11/2014 10:43:57 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/11/2014 5:10:37 PM, Noumena wrote:

lol

Stupid? Boring? Why?

Do you have a Doctor Who gif for everything?

http://static.tumblr.com...

I thought of that gif literally right after I read yer question lol.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 10:49:51 PM
At 1/11/2014 1:26:21 PM, Noumena wrote:

lol

This isn't Grindr dood.

Yes, and if I had the audacity to mention something like "what do you think of the unemployment data?" to ANYONE on grindr, you know what will happen?

Blocked.

Or, if I said "Hey, want to talk politics over coffee?"

I get: "If by 'politics' you mean 'I'm bored so come over' then yes."

The point isn't to hook up. The point is that I just happen to like to keep good, gay company.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 10:53:00 PM
At 1/11/2014 10:49:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/11/2014 1:26:21 PM, Noumena wrote:

lol

This isn't Grindr dood.

Yes, and if I had the audacity to mention something like "what do you think of the unemployment data?" to ANYONE on grindr, you know what will happen?

Blocked.

Lol I'll have to try that with some of the creeps.

Or, if I said "Hey, want to talk politics over coffee?"

I get: "If by 'politics' you mean 'I'm bored so come over' then yes."

The point isn't to hook up. The point is that I just happen to like to keep good, gay company.

I understand. I just couldn't resist. Whatever happened to Skepti?