Jump to topic:

Annoying People

Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:09:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is it better to just blow people off you don't like until they get frustrated and stop talking to you? Or is it better to just tell them you don't like them and to stop talking to you?

I have always done the former, although if someone could justify the latter I suppose that is a viable solution too.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:16:00 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:09:09 PM, Objectivity wrote:
Is it better to just blow people off you don't like until they get frustrated and stop talking to you? Or is it better to just tell them you don't like them and to stop talking to you?

I have always done the former, although if someone could justify the latter I suppose that is a viable solution too.

Describe your situation in more concrete terms. The reason i'm asking for more detail is because my answer is going to depend on the extent to which it is probable that the annoying person is more or less likely to, in my assessment, continue to inflict themselves upon you based on the details you list.
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:28:29 PM
I have occasionally have female members message me to death and I just don't respond. They never get the idea very quickly.
Nolite Timere
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:34:01 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:16:00 PM, YYW wrote:

Describe your situation in more concrete terms. The reason i'm asking for more detail is because my answer is going to depend on the extent to which it is probable that the annoying person is more or less likely to, in my assessment, continue to inflict themselves upon you based on the details you list.

Just a girl that I was friends with at a very young age for a few years, we were the type of friends that did everything together and became attached at the hip, we lived on the same street and all, we were very much alike and enjoyed each other's company. The thing is, we ended up being incompatible now and I don't sincerely enjoy her company all that much. I was excited to check up on her and see how she was doing when she contacted me originally, but now we sometimes converse for hours at a time and it's rather dull because her interests don't align with mine at all.

That is pretty much it.
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:34:47 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:28:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I have occasionally have female members message me to death and I just don't respond. They never get the idea very quickly.

my nig*a

go get'em tiger.
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:35:00 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:28:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

or dont if they annoy you, woops
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:46:17 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:34:01 PM, Objectivity wrote:

Just a girl that I was friends with at a very young age for a few years, we were the type of friends that did everything together and became attached at the hip, we lived on the same street and all, we were very much alike and enjoyed each other's company. The thing is, we ended up being incompatible now and I don't sincerely enjoy her company all that much.

Ok.

I was excited to check up on her and see how she was doing when she contacted me originally, but now we sometimes converse for hours at a time and it's rather dull because her interests don't align with mine at all.

That is pretty much it.

So, ignore her. Seems like a pretty easy problem to solve, actually.
Tsar of DDO
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 9:01:07 AM
At 1/8/2014 11:34:01 PM, Objectivity wrote:

Just a girl that I was friends with at a very young age for a few years, we were the type of friends that did everything together and became attached at the hip, we lived on the same street and all, we were very much alike and enjoyed each other's company. The thing is, we ended up being incompatible now and I don't sincerely enjoy her company all that much. I was excited to check up on her and see how she was doing when she contacted me originally, but now we sometimes converse for hours at a time and it's rather dull because her interests don't align with mine at all.

That is pretty much it.

Lol this sounds so much like a situation I'm currently in. I think it's close to solved, as of now actually. I'm more of a fan of making others sick of you, so you don't come off as a jerk. So reply reeeeally late to her texts. She sends texts at night? Reply when you know she's in class. There'd be no flow. She'll get tired eventually.