Jump to topic:

Things I have Learned On DDO

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 9:43:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Posting on DDO can be an educational experience. Let's all share how we have been edified by our interactions with each other... or how DDO reinforces some rules of interaction that we already know about dealing with other people:

Any variant of logical positivism makes people uncomfortable, most probably due to the fact that it presents a prominently displayed intellectual middle finger to what people think they know and understand.

One does not simply "respond" to trolls.

Most people who talk about "bullying" lack even a fragmented understanding of what it is, how it works and why.

People do not take time to evaluate situations and understand them before they judge them.

People evaluate others' intelligence against the basis of what the person evaluating thinks they already know, whether they know it or not. If a person knows more about a specific topic and that knowledge is consistent with the base that the evaluator is familiar with, then the evaluator deems that person to be smart.

It's fun to make fun of the malevolent.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 2:36:05 PM
Ancaps exist.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 3:33:49 PM
At 1/20/2014 3:27:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/20/2014 2:36:05 PM, Noumena wrote:
Ancaps exist.

Yes. Yes they do.

Also, Aristotelian-Thomism is the epitome of pure evil.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 3:44:20 PM
At 1/20/2014 3:33:49 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/20/2014 3:27:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/20/2014 2:36:05 PM, Noumena wrote:
Ancaps exist.

Yes. Yes they do.

Also, Aristotelian-Thomism is the epitome of pure evil.

Sure.
Tsar of DDO
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 5:21:13 AM
At 1/20/2014 9:43:03 AM, YYW wrote:
Most people who talk about "bullying" lack even a fragmented understanding of what it is, how it works and why.

I find it no less than fascinating that you would go to such a length , starting several threads on the same topic and writing thousands of words, simply to argue that you're right? If you knew that you were right, why would you feel the need to essentially ask others what they think of your opinion? Be honest, YYW, do you honestly believe what you're writing?

I underestimated how much I had affected you with my earlier posts...
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 9:34:57 AM
At 1/21/2014 5:21:13 AM, Caploxion wrote:

I find it no less than fascinating that you would go to such a length , starting several threads on the same topic and writing thousands of words, simply to argue that you're right? If you knew that you were right, why would you feel the need to essentially ask others what they think of your opinion? Be honest, YYW, do you honestly believe what you're writing?

The Germans have a word that means 'taking pleasure in other's suffering'. The word is 'schadenfreude.' I can't imagine that being on DDO is good for your mental or emotional wellbeing -especially given what appears to be your being a practical case study in bipolar disorder, and borderline personality disorder.

While on the one hand it is hard for me not to be amused by what you post, on the other I'm embarrassed for you. That anyone would behave like you have is just shameful... and yet, you see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. But at the same time, it's hard for me to hold you accountable for your actions, because I see them not as actions done with volition, but as the result of abnormalities for which you would be well advised to seek help from a licensed psychologist.
Tsar of DDO
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 5:01:00 PM
At 1/21/2014 9:34:57 AM, YYW wrote:
At 1/21/2014 5:21:13 AM, Caploxion wrote:

The Germans have a word that means 'taking pleasure in other's suffering'. The word is 'schadenfreude.' I can't imagine that being on DDO is good for your mental or emotional wellbeing -especially given what appears to be your being a practical case study in bipolar disorder, and borderline personality disorder.

Why would you bring up something about the Germans? Who cares if they had that word for that phrase? Actually, don't answer those questions, because I now know why you do things like this...

While on the one hand it is hard for me not to be amused by what you post, on the other I'm embarrassed for you. That anyone would behave like you have is just shameful... and yet, you see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. But at the same time, it's hard for me to hold you accountable for your actions, because I see them not as actions done with volition, but as the result of abnormalities for which you would be well advised to seek help from a licensed psychologist.

You have some kind of condition that forces you to write such verbose and dense paragraphs, that forces you to put yourself above others, that encourages you to attack others who have threatened your throne. I've worked it out: your elitism isn't a result of a posh upbringing or something of grandeur, rather it's a result of a lacking. Your 10k posts and constant demeaning is projecting; you've been hurt yourself in the past because you once lacked the sophistication/intelligence. Now you're desperate to prove that you are sophisticated and intelligent. I haven't a clue what specifically you went through, but what I've said so far is true.
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher