Jump to topic:

First DDO friend

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:18:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who was the first friend on DDO you actually got to know/connect with in some way?

Mine was either kohai (now known as doubtingdave/answeringatheism) or Blackvoid. Man-is-good was another early one as well.

Interestingly YYW and I are pretty tight now but we didn't really talk much for most of our respective times on the site despite joining about the same time.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:22:40 PM
Petersaysstuff, despite us being virtual opposites back then.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:22:44 PM
Probably you (Thett3) or TylerGraham95...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:24:34 PM
Philoscristus
Paradox_7
I would say "aperion" buuuut I didn't cause of what happened...
AirMax (he was there to help out as he still is and is a very sweet guy)
Conservativepolitio (don't know what's happened to him though?)
Privatelord
Buddamoose for certain!! (That dude is cool!)
Leojm (we don't talk anymore though)

If I can remember who else, I'll add another comment... :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:30:12 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:22:40 PM, phantom wrote:

I remember him!!!! The first guy I debated on the death penalty back when I was too lazy to write a case for anything else...good times. What happened to that guy? Is his blog still around?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:34:21 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:24:34 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

He was on 7 hours ago, but hasn't posted in weeks.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:43:37 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:30:12 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/27/2014 9:22:40 PM, phantom wrote:

I remember him!!!! The first guy I debated on the death penalty back when I was too lazy to write a case for anything else...good times. What happened to that guy? Is his blog still around?

I haven't seen him in a couple years. He just disappeared all of the sudden. Actually he updated his blog only a few days ago. http://petersaysstuff.blogspot.com...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:43:40 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:34:21 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/27/2014 9:24:34 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

He was on 7 hours ago, but hasn't posted in weeks.

Really?... Yeah, he used to make the funny DDO drama farm thingy... He doesn't talk to me anymore either... But hey, thanks for sharing...
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:53:59 PM
Probably TorqueDork
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:59:21 PM
All right. I know I come off as a d1ck pretty much all the time and all, but in fairness to me you lot are so f*cking retarded it's the most frustrating thing ever. When you're trying to find some point to living, outside of all the bullsh*t, and you have some idea, but there's just a wall of ABSOLUTE RETARD up against you . . . I mean, what can you do? Even Jesus got angry bros. Like multiple times too... I mean, what I mean is, I like pretty much everyone I come across, and wonder after them when they're gone. Don't take me too seriously, just. Well, do take me seriously. But, uh, not too seriously lol.

Lovelife was probably one of the first people to show me some proper respect around here though. To look through the bullsh*t and the craziness and all that. She's engaged now btw? Wtf... Yeah, women. They'll really see you, where a dude sees what he wants to see. I guess, maybe, because they have to, but w/e. So her. wjm and the mongeese and danielle and belle. Not so much Danielle, lol. Nah, she's cool. Nags was a funny dude, an awful piece of sh*t though. Whole load of people and them f*ckers might all be dead and it's some messed up sh*t, right? I was thinking about it the last day. You know, a person's internet life is much more fragile than their non-internet life, and so you could lose them much easier. They lose their fingers, bam, they're out of your life forever lol. It'd be cool to talk to belle again definitely. See, it was all the chicks respecting me, besides Danielle because she's got this whole needing to be superior thing going on lol... Me and her had funny f*cking chats too. I wonder did Annhasle die of cancer in the end? If she did, Danielle's gonna feel pretty f*cking bad, that's all I'm saying. Panda, PoeJoe, Askbob, ccstate, j.kenyon. I met sieben over on epicmafia one time, that was f*cking hilarious. Someone could go ask Korashk what dark is at. Yeah, there's a whole load of people, and you're all funny as f*ck, even if you are retarded. So, there's that. Peace. Cancer is not funny.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 10:01:05 PM
Back when me and Rob were the only communists on this site, belle shot me a PM telling me that I was really smart and wondering why I was so trolly down on top of it. She brought up Rob as just crazy, I laughed hard lol. Rob's cool though.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 10:06:20 PM
Danielle was pretty much in love with me, then cried like f*ck when I stopped flirting with her and took digs at her intelligence instead. It was hilarious. I used be calling Vi dumb in PM with her, it was like cheating, and she still loved me. Massive reactions then when you dunk a hot piece of metal in cold water lol. Hey, if you have issues, I'm gonna f*ck with you. It's not because I have something against you, just issues in general. And if I seem like I'm enjoying it, that's just having a little bit of control, which everyone can relate to, only my controlling isn't absolutely f*cking mental, but secondary to the absolutely f*cking mental lol. Yeah. Good times.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 10:10:23 PM
You get worn down though. I actually envy you guys your retardation sometimes. You know, it'd be nice to lust after something just completely retarded like a white picket fence, something more easily attainable... You guys have it easy, really.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 10:13:18 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:18:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
Who was the first friend on DDO you actually got to know/connect with in some way?

Mine was either kohai (now known as doubtingdave/answeringatheism) or Blackvoid. Man-is-good was another early one as well.

Interestingly YYW and I are pretty tight now but we didn't really talk much for most of our respective times on the site despite joining about the same time.

Yeah, I think you and Airmax are probably my "inner circle." lol
Tsar of DDO
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 10:14:57 PM
You know, I know another three brothers. Same as in my family, only there's less of an age gap between the oldest and the next oldest. And they turned out straight murderous, jumping old people and kicking them to death to control their mortality, to be abusers rather than the abused. If only my brother had come along a little sooner, caught me in a time of greater selfishness, of lesser rationalisation... Sh*t could've worked out a lot easier for me. Damn.
MyDinosaurHands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 10:16:00 PM
I think it was Romanii, when I apologized for messing up the wording in my first debate.
Guess what I used to type this..

Careful! Don't laugh too hard.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 10:16:52 PM
And I like them dudes, too, to be honest. So don't worry your retarded heads about me not liking you or anything.
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 8:31:23 AM
JustinAMoffatt, who unfortunately I believe is no longer with us. It started out as just discussing a debate motion, but we actually got quite friendly at one point.
I'm back (ish).
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 8:51:17 AM

I don't have any friends.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 8:56:48 AM
At 1/27/2014 10:16:52 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
And I like them dudes, too, to be honest. So don't worry your retarded heads about me not liking you or anything.

How are you generally speaking? Haven't seen you active much? Unless, I'm blind ha?
"Good Times" ~ Max
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 10:20:22 AM

I think it was Mysterious_Stranger.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 5:05:18 PM
Judging by my old messages, Danielle and Bluesteel. Cool cats, both.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 8:04:17 PM
I think my first DDO friends were Philocristos, CP, and Cermank.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 7:08:58 AM
At 1/28/2014 8:51:17 AM, DudeStop wrote:

Why?
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 7:11:31 AM
At 1/29/2014 7:08:58 AM, Dazz wrote:

Why?

Because that was a sarcastic joke.
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 7:34:53 AM
At 1/29/2014 7:11:31 AM, DudeStop wrote:

Why?

Oh I took that seriously and thought you really couldn't find a sincere one_ friend.
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 9:19:51 AM
At 1/29/2014 7:34:53 AM, Dazz wrote:

Why?

Oh I took that seriously and thought you really couldn't find a sincere one_ friend.

Wow you jerk, I thought we were friends!
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 10:11:58 AM
At 1/29/2014 9:19:51 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 1/29/2014 7:34:53 AM, Dazz wrote:

Why?

Wow you jerk, I thought we were friends!

Don't be so over smart yet, you first presented the idea that you don't have "any" friend, right?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 11:20:22 AM

paramore101 was probably my first friend when I joined the site. We became friends IRL too. I don't talk to her much anymore, but I still have her on facebook. Under this account, my first two associates were probably socialpinko and hello orange.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227