Jump to topic:

Fashion

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 12:30:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
How do you dress? Does how you dress matter to you? What would you wear on a typical day? (list all seasons) How about a night out?
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 1:21:09 AM
#vampirefabulousness
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 1:24:39 AM
In all seriousness, I'm not that fashionable day-to-day. I like guys who are though, so that's a bit of hypocracy on my part. I just lack the funds or the time to be at the apex (or even just at the middle) of fashion.

I do, however, like to go all out when the opportunity presents itself. I would go all out every day, but with no regular income that isn't all the viable.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 9:49:50 AM
At 1/29/2014 1:24:39 AM, bsh1 wrote:
In all seriousness, I'm not that fashionable day-to-day. I like guys who are though, so that's a bit of hypocracy on my part. I just lack the funds or the time to be at the apex (or even just at the middle) of fashion.

haha, I think most of us are pretty much like that. Being well dressed, though, is more a matter of wearing clothes that fit well, and work together. The only thing I'm really, really particular about is jeans, though. Dark or light, as long as they're properly cut is what's important.

I do, however, like to go all out when the opportunity presents itself.

So, I am really curious what "going all out" means... lol

I would go all out every day, but with no regular income that isn't all the viable.

The only thing that kills me is dry cleaning bills. I hate paying for pressed shirts, but I hate pressing shirts even more (and I'm not that good at it either).
Tsar of DDO
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 10:02:13 AM
I wear a dress for the most part. Day in and day out.
No, that's a load of bull. I wear sweats and a t-shirt pretty much all the time.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 10:48:13 AM
How I dress matters a lot to me and I pay a lot of attention to it. I could go on and on about my various outfits :p

Typically, I only wear pants when I have to. I work in an office environment so even though it's winter, I wear a lot of skirts and dresses.

My style is eclectic... I can be whimsical and girly, hipsterish or tomboyish. My hair styles change a lot too but I think my current signature look is the top knot bun. I wear big hipster glasses :/

I'm a big fan of shoes. I'll just leave it there lol
yang.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 11:32:53 AM
At 1/29/2014 9:49:50 AM, YYW wrote:

haha, I think most of us are pretty much like that. Being well dressed, though, is more a matter of wearing clothes that fit well, and work together. The only thing I'm really, really particular about is jeans, though. Dark or light, as long as they're properly cut is what's important.

While I do color coordinate, I don't pay attention to fit on my normal, day-to-day cloths. I buy the least expensive thing I can find in my size, that has the right color. I should probably start putting a little more effort into my shopping.

All out is all out. I admit to a little materialism--designer everything.

I would go all out every day, but with no regular income that isn't all the viable.

The only thing that kills me is dry cleaning bills. I hate paying for pressed shirts, but I hate pressing shirts even more (and I'm not that good at it either).

I can do most of that stuff on my own...but I've had to learn. I, too, cannot afford dry cleaning bills so I've learned along the way. Things got better as I went...especially after I learned how not to set my shirt on fire (which I did once.)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 12:46:01 PM
At 1/29/2014 11:32:53 AM, bsh1 wrote:

While I do color coordinate, I don't pay attention to fit on my normal, day-to-day cloths. I buy the least expensive thing I can find in my size, that has the right color. I should probably start putting a little more effort into my shopping.

I'm sure you look good, man. It's kind of what we do... lol

I've always kind of been a brand whore. I'm not ashamed to admit it, though. It's not because I'm trying to project anything, but there are some brands of clothes that just fit me better than others, and sometimes those just happen to usually be really expensive. Especially when it comes to jeans, lol

I can do most of that stuff on my own...but I've had to learn. I, too, cannot afford dry cleaning bills so I've learned along the way. Things got better as I went...especially after I learned how not to set my shirt on fire (which I did once.)

More than I can say, haha. I've never set a shirt on fire, but I religiously hate ironing.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 2:24:11 PM
At 1/29/2014 10:48:13 AM, tulle wrote:
How I dress matters a lot to me and I pay a lot of attention to it. I could go on and on about my various outfits :p

Typically, I only wear pants when I have to. I work in an office environment so even though it's winter, I wear a lot of skirts and dresses.

My style is eclectic... I can be whimsical and girly, hipsterish or tomboyish. My hair styles change a lot too but I think my current signature look is the top knot bun. I wear big hipster glasses :/

I was with you until the hipster glasses. Y u do dis?

I'm a big fan of shoes. I'll just leave it there lol

Shoe? Fan?
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com...
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 3:37:05 PM
At 1/29/2014 12:46:01 PM, YYW wrote:

True, lol...but I have been told I could dress better--by the friend who wears brown shoes, as a matter of fact. One other friend (who I know is gay) has offered to spend the day at the mall to make me "be fabulous every day." As long as I look good, I just don't see the need to look fantastic every day.

I've always kind of been a brand whore. I'm not ashamed to admit it, though. It's not because I'm trying to project anything, but there are some brands of clothes that just fit me better than others, and sometimes those just happen to usually be really expensive. Especially when it comes to jeans, lol

That's true. I'm looking for the best-fitting, most expensive brand for when I go all out. But, if a brand is cheaper, but looks better, I'm obviously going to choose that one.

More than I can say, haha. I've never set a shirt on fire, but I religiously hate ironing.

Wait until you do. The smoke alarm goes off and you get called by the Fire Department to see if you're okay.

Smoke alarms are damn hard to turn off.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 3:44:21 PM
At 1/29/2014 3:37:05 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/29/2014 12:46:01 PM, YYW wrote:

True, lol...but I have been told I could dress better--by the friend who wears brown shoes, as a matter of fact. One other friend (who I know is gay) has offered to spend the day at the mall to make me "be fabulous every day." As long as I look good, I just don't see the need to look fantastic every day.

Well your brown-shoes friend's opinion should be measured against the fact that he wears brown shoes with black pants.... lol

That's true. I'm looking for the best-fitting, most expensive brand for when I go all out. But, if a brand is cheaper, but looks better, I'm obviously going to choose that one.

so.... like what brands do you typically go for?

Wait until you do. The smoke alarm goes off and you get called by the Fire Department to see if you're okay.

I seriously don't iron. Like... ever. I hate it. I would not wear a favorite shirt before I ironed it... not even kidding lol.

Smoke alarms are damn hard to turn off.

So true. Once last year the alarm in my apartment building went off in the middle of the night, while it was raining. The fire department came, and "inspected" what turned out to be a false alarm for three hours.

That. Next. Day. Sucked.
Tsar of DDO
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 5:38:28 PM
At 1/29/2014 12:30:28 AM, YYW wrote:
How do you dress?

Very casually, most of the time. Not to the point that I wear sweatpants and slippers outside of the house (that's not even "dressed" imo), but it's unusual for me to wear anything more formal than a tshirt.
Does how you dress matter to you?

Beyond comfort and practicality, no. I'm not going to make sure to have the latest style of jacket, but you can damn well bet I'll have a jacket suitable for the weather, for example.
What would you wear on a typical day? (list all seasons)

In the winter, jeans, a tshirt, hat, gloves, jacket, and hunting boots (ugly, but the warmest boots I have ever had so idgaf). I also have a face mask and snow pants if the weather's really bad and I have to walk a few miles. In the warmer months, jeans, a tshirt, and sneakers. We really don't have any other seasons here lol.
How about a night out?

I don't really go out much, and if I do, it's probably just bowling or the movies or something where what I wore during the day will do just fine. I'll obviously change my shoes for bowling though :p
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 8:39:52 PM
How do you dress? Does how you dress matter to you? What would you wear on a typical day? (list all seasons) How about a night out?

Fashion comes and goes; a man need not care overly much about it. Style though - a core set of principles behind timeless, conversative dress - that matters. For instance, a man should never leave his house without wearing a collared shirt and long pants. The only exceptions are when one is going hiking, running or going to a gym. Even when going for a nighttime stroll I wear a collared shirt and such. Do not wear sneakers unless you are going running. Weather? Wear a short sleeved collared shirt in summer - 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit for American) is obviously pushing it for a blazer or sportscoat.

Dress matters to me. At home, I dress casually. Out, not so. Many have pushed me to say 'jeans are better dressed than most...' . Compare yourself to the best - I felt bad when a friend was wearing a blazer in 35 degree heat yesterday. Why? Because I was outdressed!

Most of the time my dress is dictated by school uniform. All year I wear collared shirts, long pants and a tie. From mid-May to September I wear a blazer nearly every day, and some other times of the year I do as well. Black shoes of course. Unfortunately, the school shirts don't fit perfectly, but that's a problem that can't be helped.

Unfortunately, I lack the formal wear to dress to impress in winter. I might wear pocket squares, but I only have ill-fitting, second-hand sportscoats. So, I'm often forced to wear a long sleeve collared shirt, sometimes with slacks - a 'smart casual' sort of look.

What about you YYW?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 10:19:51 PM
At 1/29/2014 2:24:11 PM, Noumena wrote:

They're the same ones in my Facebook profile pic. U no like? :(
yang.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 10:21:30 PM

Nothing but speed suits and fedoras, as far as the eye can see!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 11:31:09 PM
At 1/29/2014 10:19:51 PM, tulle wrote:
At 1/29/2014 2:24:11 PM, Noumena wrote:

They're the same ones in my Facebook profile pic. U no like? :(

Well I did like. Now I know they're fake so I'm not sure what's real anymore. I blame you for my existential crisis.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.