Jump to topic:

I'm Sad...

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 4:08:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

I am sad because DDO used to hold my interest far more than it does now. I used to want to write paragraphs on paragraphs, debate people long into the night and now it just doesn't hold the same allure.

Whether that is my fault or not I don't know. All I know is that it is making me sad.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 6:28:57 PM
At 1/30/2014 4:08:35 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I am sad because DDO used to hold my interest far more than it does now. I used to want to write paragraphs on paragraphs, debate people long into the night and now it just doesn't hold the same allure.

Whether that is my fault or not I don't know. All I know is that it is making me sad.

That's seems true, but there is also other things you can do here like play mafia. If you play mafia like I know you can debate then you will be freakin' awesome at it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 6:32:22 PM
Yeah, we all have our phases. Maybe it will capture your imagination again, perhaps not. I hope it does, you're one of the many debaters I like seeing out there.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 6:32:24 PM

Unfortunately, this is all true. It's not the same, but I've met new people and enjoy speaking to them. Maybe just start with leisure conversations like before and before you know it, you'll be making those DDO drama farm videos again (that I miss seeing lol). Btw, nice to see you around. :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 7:16:30 PM
At 1/30/2014 6:32:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
Yeah, we all have our phases. Maybe it will capture your imagination again, perhaps not. I hope it does, you're one of the many debaters I like seeing out there.

Well thanks bud. I appreciate that.

I just need a fan club. Problem solved. Then I'd be happy again.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 8:14:09 PM

That's what happens when you get older... you become sad because you pine.
My work here is, finally, done.
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:23:56 PM
This first-world problem is breaking my heart :*(
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 7:26:48 AM

It comes and goes in waves bro. You'll be into it again in no time..
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 8:07:49 AM
At 1/31/2014 7:26:48 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

It comes and goes in waves bro. You'll be into it again in no time..

Eh that's probably true. I'm not too worried about it.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 2:16:39 PM
I've decided DDO is what I make of it and I'm going to shove intellect down the throats of those who can stomach it, force conversation and ignore those who I deem unworthy of such glorious morsels of goodness.
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:13:36 PM
At 1/31/2014 8:08:22 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 1/30/2014 10:23:56 PM, Caploxion wrote:

Says the person from Sydney...

Have I made a thread complaining about trivial things?
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:15:04 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:13:36 PM, Caploxion wrote:

No but you're clearly a troll.
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:16:49 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:15:04 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

No, I just find it annoying to see threads that are relatively inane and obviously made for the purpose of garnering unwarranted sympathy.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:26:27 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:16:49 PM, Caploxion wrote:

No, I just find it annoying to see threads that are relatively inane and obviously made for the purpose of garnering unwarranted sympathy.

The troll thing is an overall comment. It doesn't pertain to this experience alone.

Besides, one can post whatever they want here. I've been around far far longer than you have. I'm not garnering sympathy I am connecting to a well documented phenomena that happens to DDO users over time.
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:31:35 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:26:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

The troll thing is an overall comment. It doesn't pertain to this experience alone.

Besides, one can post whatever they want here. I've been around far far longer than you have. I'm not garnering sympathy I am connecting to a well documented phenomena that happens to DDO users over time.

I am not a troll, but if you honestly thought that I was a troll, why do you continue to respond to me? You've been around "far far longer" than I have; you should know all about dealing with trolls correctly.

It's not a "well documented phenomena", or anything incredibly profound, as you make it out to be. It's just you getting a bit bored, as does every other human being. Stop trying to make something out of it.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:34:50 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:31:35 PM, Caploxion wrote:

I am not a troll, but if you honestly thought that I was a troll, why do you continue to respond to me? You've been around "far far longer" than I have; you should know all about dealing with trolls correctly.

It's not a "well documented phenomena", or anything incredibly profound, as you make it out to be. It's just you getting a bit bored, as does every other human being. Stop trying to make something out of it.

Man you're a b!tch. Chill out.

It's a topic that's been discussed.
http://www.debate.org...
I just wanted something to ease me back into DDO because I've been away for awhile and you come along and remind me why I left in the first place. You get off on being a b!tch, you and thousands of other people. You add nothing of value to society when acting in that manner.
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:40:05 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:34:50 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I am not, and you watch your language.

I really don't want to read other people's whining about trivial things.

I just wanted something to ease me back into DDO because I've been away for awhile and you come along and remind me why I left in the first place. You get off on being a b!tch, you and thousands of other people. You add nothing of value to society when acting in that manner.

I'm not the one who started a thread trying to appeal for sympathy. I'm sorry that you've got nothing better to do, Grant.

I don't enjoy being angry, or even being a "b!tch", but if you behave like this, I am not going to be impressed.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:42:25 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:40:05 PM, Caploxion wrote:
At 1/31/2014 3:34:50 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I am not, and you watch your language.

I really don't want to read other people's whining about trivial things.

I'm not the one who started a thread trying to appeal for sympathy. I'm sorry that you've got nothing better to do, Grant.

I don't enjoy being angry, or even being a "b!tch", but if you behave like this, I am not going to be impressed.

I am going to graciously give you the last word since you enjoy it so much. I'm glad I was lucky enough to have the gift of your presence and astounding intellect bestowed upon me.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:48:55 PM
If a debate would cheer you up, I'll do one. I think we're both Star Wars fans...I'm also a liberal, so we could probably find a ton to debate.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:49:55 PM

Haven't you made many trying to get a certain show banned?
That seems largely trivial to me.
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:50:33 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:49:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Bullying isn't trivial.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:51:31 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:48:55 PM, bsh1 wrote:
If a debate would cheer you up, I'll do one. I think we're both Star Wars fans...I'm also a liberal, so we could probably find a ton to debate.

I'm down!

Thank you good sir. I know you're an avid Star Wars fan, toss some ideas my way and we'll get something going.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:52:44 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:50:33 PM, Caploxion wrote:

Bullying isn't trivial.

You are not the person to be championing any anti-bullying action.
You intentionally harass others.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:53:21 PM

Bullying isn't trivial.

No--bullying is not trivial.

But when compared to poverty, famine, disease, war, and so on, bully is a "first world" problem.

Just goes to show, first world probs matter too (if not as much as poverty, et al)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:54:29 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:52:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Bullying isn't trivial.

You are not the person to be championing any anti-bullying action.
You intentionally harass others.

I attack the bullies. Besides, weren't you just complaining about derailing threads? You've turned this into a thread about my behaviour and campaign.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:55:33 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:51:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I'm down!

Thank you good sir. I know you're an avid Star Wars fan, toss some ideas my way and we'll get something going.

Sure. I'll PM you some topics later tonight, then.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:56:30 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:55:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/31/2014 3:51:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I'm down!

Sure. I'll PM you some topics later tonight, then.

Sounds good.
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 3:56:34 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:53:21 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Bullying isn't trivial.

But when compared to poverty, famine, disease, war, and so on, bully is a "first world" problem.

Just goes to show, first world probs matter too (if not as much as poverty, et al)

Well yes, bullying isn't as serious as those things. Nonetheless, it's a relatively serious thing, as people's mental health is at stake. I mean, it's still way more serious than someone getting bored, right?

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 4:00:02 PM
At 1/31/2014 3:56:34 PM, Caploxion wrote:
At 1/31/2014 3:53:21 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Bullying isn't trivial.

Well yes, bullying isn't as serious as those things. Nonetheless, it's a relatively serious thing, as people's mental health is at stake. I mean, it's still way more serious than someone getting bored, right?

Sure, it's more serious than boredom.

But nostalgic sadness (like CP is displaying) is a real emotion too. We shouldn't devalue his emotions just because they're "first world" problems.

There are certain issues, like Poverty, that are more important, but that doesn't mean we cannot recognize sadness elsewhere and try to ameliorate it. Just dismissing those feelings as "First world" seems just a little callous.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics