Jump to topic:

Consequences of Cold-Approach Pickup

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 3:24:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've been doing cold approach pickup (going to talk to girls you've never met before) for 8 months now and some interesting psychological changes have taken place:

1. Ability to be in a state of happiness for extended periods of time. Coming from being suicidally depressed after my injury, mom's death, father's abuse, and sister's institutionalization for post partum depression psychosis, it was difficult for me to be happy or even muscularly smile. Building that up over time has allowed me to maintain a positive state for hours, even days straight.

2. The reflexes of seeing a hot girl, and without thinking your body is already walking up to her. Before you have time to consciously breakdown what you are doing, you've already had a vibing (emotional, not logical) conversation, flirted, made out and left for another girl. In a certain night when you build this up, you can go the entire second half of the night feeling like a passenger in the vehicle of life. The actions, words, emotions are happening through you. It's an ethereal feeling.

3. Having social conditioning and common myths eviscerated in front of your eyes every night. Sometimes after a great night out (improved my game, approached 30-50 girls, got 5 makeouts, and pulled (brought to my house or her house) an attractive girl, my brain will keep me awake as I feel a strange feeling, as if my brain is rewiring itself. I used to think girls hated sex, girls were loyal, you have to be physically attractive or rich to get hot girls, and girls care about what you say in an interaction. These and countless other socially conditioned myths and misconceptions are destroyed every night I go out and every approach I do during the day.

4. The cognitive dissonance of self-development and self-acceptance. The more you do pickup, the more narcissistic you get, and you almost fall in love with yourself to an absurd degree. You and everything you do is perfect. This is the self-acceptance. The other part is in the beginning when you realize that you are a f*cking little worm who is supposed to be weeded out by evolution by its inability to reproduce. This lights a fire under your a$$ to become the best version of yourself. Girls respond better to healthy guys (gym, nutrition), centered guys (develop personality, meditate), guys who understand social dynamics (go out and approach shitloads of girls), guys who can hold a conversation (talk to everyone), etc.

5. The realization that external validation won't make you happy, but rather being the person you want to be will make you happy. Society tells us that you should get good grades, go to college, get a good job, so that you can get a lot of money to buy stuff that stimulates you. However, human beings will stay in whatever mindstate they find themselves in most often. If someone is addicted to negative thought patterns and they win the lottery, they'll still find reasons to be negative. I thought lots of sex with hot girls would make me happy, but I found out that it doesn't. What does is being the guy that I want to be: the one who has the balls to approach the hot girl in the middle of the day, the guy who pursues his passions, the guy who doesn't give a f*ck what people think about him, the guy who will be congruent and true to who he is.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 2:27:58 PM
At 2/16/2014 4:27:08 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
F*ck the world, WSA. I'm glad you're happy man.

Thanks, love you too boo boo <3
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 2:45:42 PM
At 2/16/2014 2:29:31 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
You're still probably one of the worst posters ever.

You're right. I have a difficult time adhering to the wall.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 2:57:24 PM
glad you're happy, but this stuff sounds awfully contrived.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 6:13:17 PM
Coming from being suicidally depressed after my injury, mom's death, father's abuse, and sister's institutionalization for post partum depression psychosis.

Icksna on talking thisa for sure
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 7:20:21 PM
At 2/16/2014 3:24:19 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I've been doing cold approach pickup (going to talk to girls you've never met before) for 8 months now and some interesting psychological changes have taken place:

1. Ability to be in a state of happiness for extended periods of time. Coming from being suicidally depressed after my injury, mom's death, father's abuse, and sister's institutionalization for post partum depression psychosis, it was difficult for me to be happy or even muscularly smile. Building that up over time has allowed me to maintain a positive state for hours, even days straight.

I had no idea, man. I'm so sorry to hear about all of that. I'm glad things are looking up, though.
Tsar of DDO
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 7:23:39 PM
Do you think you're going to be happy once you have to stick to one girl? Or do you plan on being a player 4 life?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:28:36 AM
At 2/16/2014 7:23:39 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Do you think you're going to be happy once you have to stick to one girl? Or do you plan on being a player 4 life?

If I get a super badass girl who is intelligent, witty, fun, sexual, and is gorgeous, I'll definitely date her for a bit, but I don't see myself staying with a girl longer than a few months until my hormones change in my mid-30's.

The player lifestyle is just too much fun: Having girls fight over you, finding out you brought home a girl who has a boyfriend, meeting wonderful and diverse people, breaking down perceptions, developing your personality, and of course: the fvcking.

What about yourself, Rob?
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:04:15 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:28:36 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

If I get a super badass girl who is intelligent, witty, fun, sexual, and is gorgeous, I'll definitely date her for a bit, but I don't see myself staying with a girl longer than a few months until my hormones change in my mid-30's.

The player lifestyle is just too much fun: Having girls fight over you, finding out you brought home a girl who has a boyfriend, meeting wonderful and diverse people, breaking down perceptions, developing your personality, and of course: the fvcking.

What about yourself, Rob?

Well I am in my 30's now, I'll be 33 in a few weeks so I guess I'll be technically "mid-30s" then. My hormones haven't changed a bit and I don't think they ever are... Sex is important to me and probably always will. The fact that I haven't gotten laid in a very long time hasn't changed that, and hopefully it won't be years until I finally meet somebody worth settling down with but I just can't justify doing the casual dating thing anymore. This one groupie kissed me after my last gig and was begging for it but I didn't even bother... I've broken enough hearts in my day and sex is only good if I can enjoy it on a consistent basis with somebody I love. Getting laid doesn't solve any of my problems, I want sex many times a week and if a girl isn't part of that equation then she's a waste of my time. Either a) I'm not into her and I'm going to have to break her heart, or b) I'm going to get my own heart broken. I am doing my penance now and doing everything I can do to be patient so I can find somebody who's truly remarkable and who I can put all my energy into. I have a lot of love to give and I'm not giving it to somebody who doesn't deserve it or can't appreciate it. I've tried that before and it's truly pathetic... Am I supposed to give foot rubs, back massages, good sex, good cooking, money, etc. to somebody who is not going to be in my life in a month? I guess I'm like Charlie Sheen, I have only one speed: "Go." I can't be wasting myself on somebody who doesn't matter and when I do it becomes a disaster.

You're young so I think you probably have to sew your oats and learn some of the things I have the hard way. Or else you'll meet somebody who is too strong for you to resist falling in love with ;)
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 1:13:10 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:04:15 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Well I am in my 30's now, I'll be 33 in a few weeks so I guess I'll be technically "mid-30s" then. My hormones haven't changed a bit and I don't think they ever are... Sex is important to me and probably always will. The fact that I haven't gotten laid in a very long time hasn't changed that, and hopefully it won't be years until I finally meet somebody worth settling down with but I just can't justify doing the casual dating thing anymore. This one groupie kissed me after my last gig and was begging for it but I didn't even bother... I've broken enough hearts in my day and sex is only good if I can enjoy it on a consistent basis with somebody I love. Getting laid doesn't solve any of my problems, I want sex many times a week and if a girl isn't part of that equation then she's a waste of my time. Either a) I'm not into her and I'm going to have to break her heart, or b) I'm going to get my own heart broken. I am doing my penance now and doing everything I can do to be patient so I can find somebody who's truly remarkable and who I can put all my energy into. I have a lot of love to give and I'm not giving it to somebody who doesn't deserve it or can't appreciate it. I've tried that before and it's truly pathetic... Am I supposed to give foot rubs, back massages, good sex, good cooking, money, etc. to somebody who is not going to be in my life in a month? I guess I'm like Charlie Sheen, I have only one speed: "Go." I can't be wasting myself on somebody who doesn't matter and when I do it becomes a disaster.

You're young so I think you probably have to sew your oats and learn some of the things I have the hard way. Or else you'll meet somebody who is too strong for you to resist falling in love with ;)

Wow, great post :'D How do you think you'll meet the girl you settle down with? Through your social circle?
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 8:50:50 PM
At 2/18/2014 1:13:10 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/18/2014 12:04:15 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Wow, great post :'D How do you think you'll meet the girl you settle down with? Through your social circle?

Thanks, I think... I don't have much of a social-circle, so no. I know she's not waiting for me at the bar, that's for sure. I've tried random hitting on girls, that's a dead-end, I guess I don't want a girl that can be picked-up that easily anyway... I've tried on-line dating, what a load of crap that is. I think the girls on there are a step below the bar, actually. I'll probably make a thread about online dating soon just to vent about how bad it is.

So what's left? I'm not sure. I work with lots of teachers, and occasionally one comes along that is attractive and can appreciate my qualities, but even when they do make a pass at me I feel it difficult to overcome the professional obligations of my job to try and return that affection. A couple of pretty fine teachers came through in the last few weeks who expressed "interest" but these teachers are also my clients, and one wrong move, particularly in this field, would be nearly irrecoverable. When you work around kids, it has to be a purely asexual atmosphere and even me flirting with a teacher that made an obvious pass at me could be disastrous.

So to answer your question there are no obvious paths to me finding somebody, but I guess that's how it's supposed to be - if we all had obvious paths, then none of us would have to deal with being single. Part of somebody being "the one" for you is that they are exceptional and not somebody you meet every day. Being a guy, and obviously distracted by women's curves and stuff on a daily-basis, it's easy to just want to meet every girl I see that I find attractive. But I have to have faith that if I make a habit out of turning away the "average" good-looking girls I commonly meet, that there will be somebody who is exceptional that will come around some day.

I hope some of this gives you some insight, I have certainly spent many of my dating-years with the beliefs you now hold and I think the biggest reason why I wouldn't choose promiscuity is that promiscuous girls may have looks, but the really good girls, the girls of best quality, will remain forever out of reach (out of sight) to somebody who cannot overcome promiscuity.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 10:31:25 PM

The player lifestyle is just too much fun: Having girls fight over you, finding out you brought home a girl who has a boyfriend

This is where you lost me. I've booted women I've brought home out of my house for letting it slip that they have a boyfriend. Being a cheating slut is a huge turn-off for me, but more than that, I couldn't respect myself if I were a home-wrecker.

Yeah sure, they were doomed to break up anyway given that she's already willing to cheat, but that's not the point.

With great game comes great responsibility, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let myself become some harlot's excuse to nuke her relationship.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 3:57:57 PM
At 2/20/2014 10:31:25 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

The player lifestyle is just too much fun: Having girls fight over you, finding out you brought home a girl who has a boyfriend

This is where you lost me. I've booted women I've brought home out of my house for letting it slip that they have a boyfriend. Being a cheating slut is a huge turn-off for me, but more than that, I couldn't respect myself if I were a home-wrecker.

Yeah sure, they were doomed to break up anyway given that she's already willing to cheat, but that's not the point.

With great game comes great responsibility, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let myself become some harlot's excuse to nuke her relationship.

You're incredibly insecure and you "booting" women after finding out they had a boyfriend was you taking out your frustration on the reason you're so insecure. It's been quite obvious for a while now with all the charged posts you make in threads like these. InvictusManeo had you right about the weight lifting, lol. Harlots! Give it a rest with the "responsibility" bullsh*t dude. Not that WSA's philosophy of life isn't absolutely insidious either, though.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 7:09:40 PM
At 2/21/2014 3:57:57 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

You're incredibly insecure and you "booting" women after finding out they had a boyfriend was you taking out your frustration on the reason you're so insecure. It's been quite obvious for a while now with all the charged posts you make in threads like these. InvictusManeo had you right about the weight lifting, lol. Harlots! Give it a rest with the "responsibility" bullsh*t dude. Not that WSA's philosophy of life isn't absolutely insidious either, though.

I guess it's time again to play "Guess who's sock-account this is"!
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 7:11:41 PM
Oh... It's already been established that you're badger.

Well there goes my fun.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:20:27 AM

It was only one girl, and she told me after sex. Don't really care too much though, because I simply add value to a girl's life; I have good intentions. I don't start my night thinking: whose relationship can I nuke tonight? I think how can I add value to X person's life.

It's evolutionary (as fvcked up as it sounds) for women (and even females of several species of birds) to find the badass alpha guy, reproduce with him (what sex with a condom simulates) and then raise it with the more dependable partner.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 6:13:05 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:20:27 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I think how can I add value to X person's life.

That's how my nights looking for a hookup always start.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler