Jump to topic:

The Slate Star Codex Political Spectrum Quiz

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 11:24:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Score of 4 to 6: You are a Meta-Level Thinker. You decide difficult cases by trying to find general principles that can be applied evenhandedly regardless of which side you like or dislike.

This was really cool, I've never seen a quiz like this.
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 11:42:43 AM
Cool test. I kinda figured out what the purpose was on the start of the second set of questions.

I got 5 out of 6: You are a Meta-Level Thinker. You decide difficult cases by trying to find general principles that can be applied evenhandedly regardless of which side you like or dislike.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 9:51:04 AM
Score of 4 to 6: You are a Meta-Level Thinker. You decide difficult cases by trying to find general principles that can be applied evenhandedly regardless of which side you like or dislike.

Ugh...

I'm like the other 2 people who answered this quiz.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 11:42:26 AM
I got a 6 of 6.

But I think I figured the intent of the test almost immediately. I still tried my best to answer truthfully.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 11:57:19 AM
I've always hated tests like this.
Like with the first question, I want to tell them to stay off the street and only arrest those who don't. Nothing that necessitates breaking up the rally, but they are not free to impede on others (blocking traffic).

How do I answer that?
My work here is, finally, done.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 1:17:57 PM
At 3/10/2014 11:57:19 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Like with the first question, I want to tell them to stay off the street and only arrest those who don't. Nothing that necessitates breaking up the rally, but they are not free to impede on others (blocking traffic).

How do I answer that?

Idk. I just picked whichever one would keep them off the street and out of the way of traffic. I didn't like either option, but then again, shouldn't someone leading this group remind people to obey the laws about staying off the street so they can hold their demonstration? For laws to work (and ambulances, fire trucks, angry commuters, etc. to get where they need to be), they need to be enforced. The quiz just doesn't offer a fair way to do that.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 1:30:12 PM
At 3/10/2014 1:17:57 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 3/10/2014 11:57:19 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

How do I answer that?

Idk. I just picked whichever one would keep them off the street and out of the way of traffic. I didn't like either option, but then again, shouldn't someone leading this group remind people to obey the laws about staying off the street so they can hold their demonstration? For laws to work (and ambulances, fire trucks, angry commuters, etc. to get where they need to be), they need to be enforced. The quiz just doesn't offer a fair way to do that.

Plus, it is also assumed they have no permit...
But, I over-analyze every personality test like this.
It's quite annoying, really. Too many variables to me.
My work here is, finally, done.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 5:17:28 PM
A third of the questions were no win. I would not have chosen either option.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 6:11:51 PM
At 3/10/2014 5:17:28 PM, sadolite wrote:
A third of the questions were no win. I would not have chosen either option.

This, basically. It was obvious what the test was going for right from the start too, but you just couldn't call most of the questions from the comfort of your living room.