Jump to topic:

Confusion

bettabreeder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 8:05:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay so I met this girl in my classes and I like her and she knows that, but it didn't bother her. She became more connected to me, like giving me hug if she liked what I did or offering me cookies that she made. After our classes we would chat while we went to our classes. So one day probably a couple weeks before Valentine's day I had those Sweetheart candies in my lunchbox that I decided to give them to her. She was so happy about that and would not stop thanking me about the Candies.

About a week later she randomly starts to ignore me, On Valentines day our school has this fundraiser where you can buy hearts and get them sent to someone with a lollypop. So I did that and she said nothing, No thanks. till this day I don't know if she even ate the lollypop. She we rarely talk, I try to find time but I sometimes can't. I did some research, because if you know me you know I will always look things up if its on my mind. I don't know if its true or not but it said that girls will ignore to try to play "games" or play hard to get.

But today in Science she had to tell me what to do on an individual project. I could tell something was up in how she spoke, her pupils grew large and she stuttered. She also volunteered to tell me too.

So if you didn't get it yet, I'm wondering what's up! we've been best friends to her ignoring me for about a month now. Its kinda driving me nuts, Probably because I worry too much.
Slavery exists. It is black in the South, and white in the North. - Andrew Johnson
BronwynHolmes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 8:27:37 PM
Hmm... this is difficult... I do not know too much about the lade that you are referring to however two things that come to mind. All of these are very if-y theories...

1. There is the possibility that she may have felt that you two were getting to close. If she is a person that sometimes lacks the right words, or is someone that often times masks how she is truly feeling this very well be the case. She may have simply not had the courage to tell you that she didn't want things to move forward or something of that nature.

2. You might have done something that seems extremely insignificant but may have pushed her buttons or made her not feel quite right. This isn't very probable, but who knows?

...Ok well that wasn't too helpful... Let me try again...

Here's my legitimate advice. Most girls (I try not to use blanket statements despite the fact that it would be strange to find a female that didn't agree with this), want guys/girls to come forward and talk to them about things. You don't like having to guess with her so why make her guess about how this is making you feel? You should ask her yourself, because showing that you want to know that badly would most likely result in an honest answer. When approaching her, don't necessarily do it in a romantic frame, or mention too much about your feelings towards her. Start with it just being friendly concern.

...Yes that is better advice...

That is all, if you have any other questions or in need of anything else I am at your disposal. I like to help others when I can.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 12:04:33 AM
I agree, your best bet is to simply ask her whenever the opportunity arises. Don't come at her bluntly either, start the conversation off with something light. When it feels right, express your thoughts with her in a calm manner so she doesn't feel like you're forcing her to tell you something. Ask her how her life is, if anything new or interesting has happened lately. Usually body language says alot. Maybe there is some trouble in her family life or, she told one of her parents she liked a boy and they lashed out.

Best bet, let her know you are still there for her and that you care about her. Be the shoulder she can lean on and most importantly, practice patience. You might not get a satisfying response right away or feel like it's impossible to get her to open up. Just give it time, smile at her genuinely whenever exchanging glances and be cool. Most girls like confident, cool guys who have a sense of direction. Maybe telling her some positive stories or simply making her laugh will make all the difference. Best of luck!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bettabreeder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:26:27 PM
Thanks guys this help me out much better and cleared my mind of confusion
Slavery exists. It is black in the South, and white in the North. - Andrew Johnson
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 7:48:23 PM
At 3/11/2014 8:05:52 PM, bettabreeder wrote:
Okay so I met this girl in my classes and I like her and she knows that, but it didn't bother her. She became more connected to me, like giving me hug if she liked what I did or offering me cookies that she made. After our classes we would chat while we went to our classes. So one day probably a couple weeks before Valentine's day I had those Sweetheart candies in my lunchbox that I decided to give them to her. She was so happy about that and would not stop thanking me about the Candies.

About a week later she randomly starts to ignore me, On Valentines day our school has this fundraiser where you can buy hearts and get them sent to someone with a lollypop. So I did that and she said nothing, No thanks. till this day I don't know if she even ate the lollypop. She we rarely talk, I try to find time but I sometimes can't. I did some research, because if you know me you know I will always look things up if its on my mind. I don't know if its true or not but it said that girls will ignore to try to play "games" or play hard to get.

But today in Science she had to tell me what to do on an individual project. I could tell something was up in how she spoke, her pupils grew large and she stuttered. She also volunteered to tell me too.

So if you didn't get it yet, I'm wondering what's up! we've been best friends to her ignoring me for about a month now. Its kinda driving me nuts, Probably because I worry too much.

I don't mean to be a stalker but good luck! Those guys up there gave great advice. Let us know how it goes.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bettabreeder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 7:51:45 PM
At 3/13/2014 7:48:23 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I don't mean to be a stalker but good luck! Those guys up there gave great advice. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, Don't worry about stalking my forums doesn't bother me!
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 7:52:29 PM
At 3/13/2014 7:51:45 PM, bettabreeder wrote:
At 3/13/2014 7:48:23 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Thanks, Don't worry about stalking my forums doesn't bother me!

Cool.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.