Jump to topic:

So I am coming out... kinda

RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 7:35:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't know what my sexual orientation is. I have never really felt a specific attraction toward any gender type. I am more drawn to individual personality types. I don't really like classifying myself as straight, bi or gay, as I think each one means something that I don't really feel I am apart of.

So anyways, I basically just want to take a break from girls right now and see if I am at all interested in any men. There are certain personality traits about woman that either confuse me, vex me, or just make me un-interested. On the other hand I have never dated a guy before, and am interested to see what it will be like.

The reason I am looking for someone, is because I am sick of being alone all the time lol. Also I am on a very different level of thinking then a lot of people I know and work with, so communication is hard sometimes. I would like to see if I could find someone that understands things the same way I do, or similarly enough.

Does anyone have any tips on how or where to pick up a date with a man? Is it easier online? I don't want a flamboyant attention crazed gay man either, which is why I refuse to go to gay bars in my area.

I have never done this before. Is there even any gay individuals on DDO?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 8:34:30 PM
At 3/14/2014 7:35:06 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
Is there even any gay individuals on DDO?

LOLOL

They're EVERYWHERE
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 8:37:56 PM
At 3/14/2014 8:34:30 PM, imabench wrote:
Is there even any gay individuals on DDO?

LOLOL

They're EVERYWHERE

*twists invisible mustache mischievously*
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 9:12:17 PM
"So I am coming out.. kinda" So what.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 9:28:15 PM
I don't know what my sexual orientation is. I have never really felt a specific attraction toward any gender type. I am more drawn to individual personality types. I don't really like classifying myself as straight, bi or gay, as I think each one means something that I don't really feel I am apart of.

So anyways, I basically just want to take a break from girls right now and see if I am at all interested in any men. There are certain personality traits about woman that either confuse me, vex me, or just make me un-interested. On the other hand I have never dated a guy before, and am interested to see what it will be like.

The reason I am looking for someone, is because I am sick of being alone all the time lol. Also I am on a very different level of thinking then a lot of people I know and work with, so communication is hard sometimes. I would like to see if I could find someone that understands things the same way I do, or similarly enough.

Does anyone have any tips on how or where to pick up a date with a man? Is it easier online? I don't want a flamboyant attention crazed gay man either, which is why I refuse to go to gay bars in my area.

Well good for you coming out I guess. To get a man, I'm not really sure what you have to do. Just do what females do. Unless you're secretly Kbub trying to flush haters out * I'm on to you*
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 9:45:40 PM

Medic and Sovereign Dream..............?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 9:50:21 PM

Welcome to the dark side! Possibly.

And hi! There's myself, YYW, bsh1, and a few others.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:35:48 PM

You should download grindr. It's an app that's going to enable you to do what you're wanting to do...
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:41:40 PM
At 3/14/2014 10:35:48 PM, YYW wrote:

You should download grindr. It's an app that's going to enable you to do what you're wanting to do...

It only took 8 hours of living in a gay frat house for the number of times I heard the word "grindr" to go from zero to triple digits.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:42:58 PM

Maybe I'll try it out.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:47:02 PM
At 3/14/2014 10:42:58 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:

Maybe I'll try it out.

It's worth a try. Some nice guys, a lot of creepy old guys and usually every once and a while a guy who is worth going out with. Kind of like life...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:48:25 PM
At 3/14/2014 10:41:40 PM, Raisor wrote:

It only took 8 hours of living in a gay frat house for the number of times I heard the word "grindr" to go from zero to triple digits.

You lived in a gay frat house? Such things exist in real life and not just in the naughty books of Amazon kindle? lol
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:54:50 PM
At 3/14/2014 10:48:25 PM, YYW wrote:

You lived in a gay frat house? Such things exist in real life and not just in the naughty books of Amazon kindle? lol

They exist. Mostly just a bunch of dudes hanging around, they mostly exported their naughtiness.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:55:12 PM

Be careful and wear protection! Also, there are gay dating websites for this kind of thing. If you're going to a college or university, that's another great place to find a guy. Don't be promiscuous - that's my advice.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:56:22 PM
At 3/14/2014 10:54:50 PM, Raisor wrote:

They exist. Mostly just a bunch of dudes hanging around, they mostly exported their naughtiness.

That isnt fair, many of the dudes were pretty undude-like. But still, risk and smash bros and drinking games.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:57:42 PM
At 3/14/2014 10:54:50 PM, Raisor wrote:

Oh my...
Tsar of DDO
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 1:12:48 AM

You don't sound gay to me, but I'm no expert. Gay guys LOVE the cock. You just sound like you haven't met a chick you like yet. Join the club. It could be a decade (or more) before you meet a girl that does it for you, and without that tragedy love wouldn't be as great as it is when we do find it. I'm 33 and I've been single and alone for a year. It's not fun, but if I chase down every piece of a55 I find then I won' be any closer to my end-goal of finding the "one" for me.

You are not disgusted by the thought of homosexuality like most straight guys are, which makes you "open-minded" but not "gay." You will probably try it and be taken aback and never try it again. I think that, strictly from a statistical standpoint, you will find a woman who's personality is more favorable faster then you will find a gay guy who has a favorable personality, simply by the fact that straight women outnumber gay guys by a longshot and, as you have noticed, even within the category of homo guys you have a large number of flamboyant guys who aren't going to make you happy.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 2:10:07 AM
This sounds very similar to my own experience (minus the dating women part - never could handle all that jazz). And I definitely agree about gay bars/clubs; if you're looking for personality, they're not exactly focused on exploring that dimension. You could try online dating, or get lucky and meet someone through other activities, which comes with the bonus of shared interests from the get-go. This route is much easier if you're near cities, or in densely populated, socially liberal areas like the east and west coasts. If you're not then, yeah, it's down to online dating, college, or a miracle.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 3:39:33 PM
At 3/14/2014 9:50:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Oromagi, Juan Pablo, Noumena, Imabench, etc.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 8:51:13 PM
At 3/15/2014 3:39:33 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Wait... Imabench is gay? What?
Tsar of DDO
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 8:52:39 PM
At 3/15/2014 8:51:13 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/15/2014 3:39:33 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Wait... Imabench is gay? What?

Not as far as I know; I just added him as a joke.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 9:01:08 PM

I sort of responded to this earlier, but I thought I might say a bit more. Grindr is the best way to meet guys, and especially if you live in a city there will always be guys nearby to meet up with -or maybe do a bit more with if you're feeling naughty. haha... it's kind of like the standard gay dating/hookup/social app. And you will meet every kind of guy you can imaging on there: really hot twinks, muscle daddies, bears, otters, gym bags, fetishists, etc. There are some sorting features (age, tribe, etc.) but the better ones are only available on the paid version of the app. Even still, it's a good thing to have.

Gay bars can be intimidating if you're new to the scene, but there really is no shame in going alone. Or, if you want, bring a girl with you as your wingman. There is a dynamic to that which I don't really want to talk about in the open forums because it's not politically correct, but we could discuss it via PM if you wanted.

I will say this, though. There are sites like OkCupid, that can be good. One thing about OkCupid is that it puts you with people who are in your "league" if you know what I mean. So, you're matched up with people who are most likely to actually go out with you. But, I honestly got bored with it because I was on there at a time when I was really more interested in casual sex, but it's more of an LTR type thing.

If you want to just meet a guy, try the local coffee shop or gym. Those are probably the two places you're most likely to find gay guys. And, if you want to know if a guy is gay, watch his eyes. Do his eyes follow a cute guy's @ss as he walks by? He's probably gay, and possibly a top. Do his eyes glance up, down and then very quickly away when a stunningly handsome guy walks in the room? He's probably gay, and shy. The eyes tell all, but reading them takes practice.
Tsar of DDO
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 10:37:26 PM
At 3/15/2014 9:01:08 PM, YYW wrote:

I sort of responded to this earlier, but I thought I might say a bit more. Grindr is the best way to meet guys, and especially if you live in a city there will always be guys nearby to meet up with -or maybe do a bit more with if you're feeling naughty. haha... it's kind of like the standard gay dating/hookup/social app. And you will meet every kind of guy you can imaging on there: really hot twinks, muscle daddies, bears, otters, gym bags, fetishists, etc. There are some sorting features (age, tribe, etc.) but the better ones are only available on the paid version of the app. Even still, it's a good thing to have.

I've tried online dating (hetero) and I was very disappointed, to put it lightly. But it makes perfect sense that you, being a homosexual, would use it more efficiently. Homosexuals are less in numbers and are socially oppressed. A good-looking hetero girl (like I'm looking for) usually doesn't need a dating service because she is going to be sought after strongly by many of the guys she meets. The girls I met online were gold-diggers or else extremely picky on what they wanted. In a sense, they were only risking putting out their info (most people don't like everyone and anyone seeing their profile desperately trying to find a lover) in exchange for the chance to hit a home-run with somebody who is either rich or flawless. In either case, they are usually tied-up with players who are... a bit smarter than they are ;)

Gay bars can be intimidating if you're new to the scene, but there really is no shame in going alone. Or, if you want, bring a girl with you as your wingman. There is a dynamic to that which I don't really want to talk about in the open forums because it's not politically correct, but we could discuss it via PM if you wanted.

The gay guys I used to work with as a waiter (work as a waiter if you want to meet gay guys, there's plenty there!) used to tell me that they'd take the twinks out and haze them at the clubs. They order them around and tell them to shut up and all that... I thought that was hilarious (I got the impression they enjoyed it?).

I will say this, though. There are sites like OkCupid, that can be good. One thing about OkCupid is that it puts you with people who are in your "league" if you know what I mean. So, you're matched up with people who are most likely to actually go out with you. But, I honestly got bored with it because I was on there at a time when I was really more interested in casual sex, but it's more of an LTR type thing.

The only girl who tried to meet me on OKCupid wanted me to "loan" her $500.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 2:13:26 AM
At 3/16/2014 10:37:26 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I've tried online dating (hetero) and I was very disappointed, to put it lightly. But it makes perfect sense that you, being a homosexual, would use it more efficiently. Homosexuals are less in numbers and are socially oppressed. A good-looking hetero girl (like I'm looking for) usually doesn't need a dating service because she is going to be sought after strongly by many of the guys she meets. The girls I met online were gold-diggers or else extremely picky on what they wanted. In a sense, they were only risking putting out their info (most people don't like everyone and anyone seeing their profile desperately trying to find a lover) in exchange for the chance to hit a home-run with somebody who is either rich or flawless. In either case, they are usually tied-up with players who are... a bit smarter than they are ;)

I read a study several months back that detailed the outcomes that those who sought romance online experienced. As a rule, gay men and lesbians found the most favorable outcomes, while heterosexual men found the least favorable. Perhaps that was because of the phenomena you described... Meeting someone online is one thing, but it's another to meet in person.

The gay guys I used to work with as a waiter (work as a waiter if you want to meet gay guys, there's plenty there!) used to tell me that they'd take the twinks out and haze them at the clubs. They order them around and tell them to shut up and all that... I thought that was hilarious (I got the impression they enjoyed it?).

I've never known of anything like that happening, but I've also never worked in a restaurant. Btw. most gay guys enjoy attention they get from other gay guys... unless it's the creepy old guys who are paying the attention.

I've met up with three people I've met on OkCupid in real life, but again, it's been a while. They were all guys in college, and so they were around my age/life status. But, I've never had someone try to hustle me... at least not that I'm aware of.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 11:02:30 AM
At 3/14/2014 9:45:40 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Medic and Sovereign Dream..............?

Nooooo SovereignDream loves meeeee!
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 4:29:18 PM
At 3/17/2014 2:13:26 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/16/2014 10:37:26 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I read a study several months back that detailed the outcomes that those who sought romance online experienced. As a rule, gay men and lesbians found the most favorable outcomes, while heterosexual men found the least favorable. Perhaps that was because of the phenomena you described... Meeting someone online is one thing, but it's another to meet in person.

I've never known of anything like that happening, but I've also never worked in a restaurant. Btw. most gay guys enjoy attention they get from other gay guys... unless it's the creepy old guys who are paying the attention.

I've met up with three people I've met on OkCupid in real life, but again, it's been a while. They were all guys in college, and so they were around my age/life status. But, I've never had someone try to hustle me... at least not that I'm aware of.

Yeah. I met a gay guy in my city once that tried to hustle me for money, so I'm not immune to that sort of experience. I'm not ashamed to admit I told him "No".

I will absolutely not pay for someone else's company (unless it's for a charitable cause or they have zero money and need emergency aid).

Money for sex or company is a definitely something I will not do.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 9:44:48 PM

I am DEFINITELY not surprised, being a hetero man on there is not advised unless you look really good on paper. The (good-looking, interesting) women on there are basically shopping, and there's no pressure to buy - if they see you are a doctor or lawyer or something you'll do well, and being both short (5'8) and not especially wealthy there was really nothing I could possibly do to attract anybody that wasn't extremely unattractive.

This girl at my work said she met her husband online and he came into work one day, and I was floored - there was a huge disparity between their looks. She was not attractive at all (not especially sensitive, smart, or sexy in the least) and he seemed like he could be in my general league as far as looks are concerned. Guys are expected to prove themselves to earn the heart of a lady, and I should have expected that you can't cheat that process by simply opening a web page and selecting hot girls off of a list!

The gay guys I worked with had aggressive personalities and liked the club scene. They were just partiers... I used to ask them questions about being gay, and I asked this one guy what the biggest orgy he had ever been in was. I mean, as a hetero guy, It's hard to imagine more than one or MAYBE two partners in a practical sense, so what's the limit when everybody is fair game? He told me his best guess was about 27 or so :P

It's easier to do to hetero guys, as guys are more prepared to establish that they can and will spend for a hot chick.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 10:04:22 PM
At 3/17/2014 9:44:48 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I am DEFINITELY not surprised, being a hetero man on there is not advised unless you look really good on paper. The (good-looking, interesting) women on there are basically shopping, and there's no pressure to buy - if they see you are a doctor or lawyer or something you'll do well, and being both short (5'8) and not especially wealthy there was really nothing I could possibly do to attract anybody that wasn't extremely unattractive.

There are always bars. Bars are pretty good for both gay guys and straight guys...

This girl at my work said she met her husband online and he came into work one day, and I was floored - there was a huge disparity between their looks. She was not attractive at all (not especially sensitive, smart, or sexy in the least) and he seemed like he could be in my general league as far as looks are concerned. Guys are expected to prove themselves to earn the heart of a lady, and I should have expected that you can't cheat that process by simply opening a web page and selecting hot girls off of a list!

I've never understood that concept... "winning" someone's heart makes love sound like a competition, and it's not. I mean, the phrase is romantic enough, but the only guys I have ever loved, I've loved for who they were and what they meant to me, not because of anything they did to prove themselves to me.

The gay guys I worked with had aggressive personalities and liked the club scene. They were just partiers... I used to ask them questions about being gay, and I asked this one guy what the biggest orgy he had ever been in was. I mean, as a hetero guy, It's hard to imagine more than one or MAYBE two partners in a practical sense, so what's the limit when everybody is fair game? He told me his best guess was about 27 or so :P

When I was in college I had gay friends like that. I've never had an orgy, nor would I ever partake in that sort of... activity.

It's easier to do to hetero guys, as guys are more prepared to establish that they can and will spend for a hot chick.

I guess that makes sense...
Tsar of DDO