Jump to topic:

I am a psychopath

jamccartney
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 8:11:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Rather recently, I realized I am a moderate psychopath. I am manipulative, good at lying, and I do not seem to have as many emotions as other people. I could not kill or torture anyone, which is why I said 'moderate'.

Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone maybe have the same issue? I would be interested to hear other people's viewpoints.
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 8:32:08 PM
At 3/16/2014 8:11:19 PM, jamccartney wrote:
Rather recently, I realized I am a moderate psychopath. I am manipulative, good at lying, and I do not seem to have as many emotions as other people. I could not kill or torture anyone, which is why I said 'moderate'.

Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone maybe have the same issue? I would be interested to hear other people's viewpoints.

brother psychopath, I do not tell people what is going on in my head as what I am doing to them, you simply don't have to tell them that you're doing it (which is what I do) and there's no way to change the fact of who you are. You were born this way and you should feel proud for who you are
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 9:19:34 PM

lol

You're 14. It's not out of the norm for teenagers to try to manipulate at least their parents. Most teenagers think they're good liars. Very few are. You might be one who is, but whether you are or not, I don't trust your judgement. And yes, you do have emotions. You might lack certain stimuli that would make you feel strong emotions, but the very fact that you indicated that you could not torture someone shows some degree of human empathy which is enough to indicate that you're probably not a psychopath. And, even if you exhibit minor psychopathic traits, you're not old enough to be "psychopathic."
Tsar of DDO
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 4:50:54 AM

Have you ever done or not done something and felt remorse ? Have you actually felt "bad" because you didn't do or not to do something.

If you have I think that means your not a psychopath.

Being manipulative and lying ? hell that just makes you a mammal.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 5:45:20 AM
I just want to point out that there isn't any such thing as psychopathy really, or not as something set in stone anyway. There's one test for psychopathy too, that's just absolutely ridiculous. That mimicry test, where if a person doesn't follow social cues, supposedly they're dysfunctional. The funny thing is, this mimicry is almost always a power play in others, and so you might say more telling of a "disorder" if one is to mimic. Take RyuuKyuzo in his being interviewed by Philochristos, for example. He gets talking about his weight-lifting, blah, blah, blah, then when philo takes a drink, Ryuu does too, and with a stabbing motion almost, control and violent control being the frame of mind. This is the norm, the psychopath in contrast simply feeling comfortable with the mental game, the mental game being all that really is for the psychopath, and so they're good liars, manipulators, etc. - because they're not ridiculously concerned with the physical. The only real difference there is how comfortable the individual is with his or her surroundings. And then it's also said that the reason the psychopath can lie so well is because they give of no subconscious hints, as there is no inner turmoil generated by the lying, but, again, comfort - let's not forget the violently controlling norm. Anyone can love, it's simply a matter of telling yourself that you need whatever or whoever. No brain state is very far removed from any other. It's only a sort of fearlessness that separates the conventional psychopath from any other, rather than anything else. Most people's empathy only really amounts to self-pity anyway. Not to say we're all f*cked up, though.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 6:05:07 AM
The movie Watchmen pretty much completely sums up the shades of man, no character very far removed from any other.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 8:08:24 AM
At 3/17/2014 5:45:20 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I just want to point out that there isn't any such thing as psychopathy really, or not as something set in stone anyway. There's one test for psychopathy too, that's just absolutely ridiculous. That mimicry test, where if a person doesn't follow social cues, supposedly they're dysfunctional. The funny thing is, this mimicry is almost always a power play in others, and so you might say more telling of a "disorder" if one is to mimic. Take RyuuKyuzo in his being interviewed by Philochristos, for example. He gets talking about his weight-lifting, blah, blah, blah, then when philo takes a drink, Ryuu does too, and with a stabbing motion almost, control and violent control being the frame of mind. This is the norm, the psychopath in contrast simply feeling comfortable with the mental game, the mental game being all that really is for the psychopath, and so they're good liars, manipulators, etc. - because they're not ridiculously concerned with the physical. The only real difference there is how comfortable the individual is with his or her surroundings. And then it's also said that the reason the psychopath can lie so well is because they give of no subconscious hints, as there is no inner turmoil generated by the lying, but, again, comfort - let's not forget the violently controlling norm. Anyone can love, it's simply a matter of telling yourself that you need whatever or whoever. No brain state is very far removed from any other. It's only a sort of fearlessness that separates the conventional psychopath from any other, rather than anything else. Most people's empathy only really amounts to self-pity anyway. Not to say we're all f*cked up, though.

What on earth makes you write these comments?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 8:23:05 AM
At 3/17/2014 8:08:24 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Because humanity has the potential to be a very beautiful thing, if only people didn't so often try to reduce it absurdity. There is no concept more beautiful, or fitting, than that of the blank slate.

...hey, put it to compulsion. Why do you make post after post insisting the opposite? I guess because it relieves you of responsibility?
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 8:27:35 AM
At 3/17/2014 8:23:05 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Because humanity has the potential to be a very beautiful thing, if only people didn't so often try to reduce it absurdity.

Absolutely not. It is crude, inefficient and wicked, at its core. Humanity only works through glossing the atrocious realities of its psychologies, painting them so thickly, that you would be convinced that they did not exist, sometimes.

There is no concept more beautiful, or fitting, than that of the blank slate.

I don't understand what you're saying here...

...hey, put it to compulsion. Why do you make post after post insisting the opposite? I guess because it relieves you of responsibility?

Honestly, I find it slightly interesting that you continuously post these kinds of things. I have no idea how you reached these conclusions; it's not that I disagree with you on everything. Besides, I have no obligation to anyone, in reality.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 8:36:42 AM
At 3/17/2014 8:27:35 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/17/2014 8:23:05 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Because humanity has the potential to be a very beautiful thing, if only people didn't so often try to reduce it absurdity.

Absolutely not. It is crude, inefficient and wicked, at its core. Humanity only works through glossing the atrocious realities of its psychologies, painting them so thickly, that you would be convinced that they did not exist, sometimes.

That's the truth when it comes to a lot of people, sure. It's not, however, the only truth or a necessary truth. Pretty much every psychological condition is proposed as being environmentally induced.

There is no concept more beautiful, or fitting, than that of the blank slate.

I don't understand what you're saying here...

It's the idea that everything of the mind is rational, basically; that there is no "instinct"; and this is an almost godly state of being, in my opinion.

Honestly, I find it slightly interesting that you continuously post these kinds of things. I have no idea how you reached these conclusions; it's not that I disagree with you on everything. Besides, I have no obligation to anyone, in reality.

I've explained why to you already...
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 10:22:59 AM

It is actually not even possible to diagnose someone for sociopathy or psychopathy until they are adults because the brain is still forming and going through too many changes at adolescence.

Also, what you have sounds more like sociopathy than psychopathy, but it could easily just be teenage angst and whatnot.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 10:56:05 AM

Being an a** toward others doesn't make you a psychopath. It makes you an a**.

Also psychopaths by definition don't have emotions. Lack of excitement or lack of extreme emotions doesn't constitute.

Also by necessity you'd have to have antisocial disorder, which I'm assuming you don't since you didn't include that.

If you get your definition of a psychopath from tv shows, you're doing it wrong.

/thread.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 11:01:03 AM
I once bought a can of Grizzly Wintergreen at a gas station underage.

I'm so good at lying. I must be a serial killer. :D ;)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 11:13:00 AM
At 3/17/2014 11:01:03 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

You are a cereal killer, you eat them, you monster.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 11:14:11 AM
At 3/17/2014 11:13:00 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

*looks over at empty cereal bowl*

I better dump that carcass in the lake this afternoon.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 11:16:48 AM
At 3/17/2014 11:14:11 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

Which voice in your head said that? :D
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 11:17:56 AM
At 3/17/2014 11:16:48 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/17/2014 11:14:11 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

Which voice in your head said that? :D

The evil sadistic rabbit Thumper. Sometimes I go into convulsions and start speaking for her. I kid you not.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 12:11:41 PM

Become an accountant.
That's what I did.
My work here is, finally, done.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 12:52:35 PM

You have a conscience which shows by your admission of restraining from torture and killing people, which ultimately reveals your emotions! There is no such thing as a moderate psychopath. Either you are or you aren't a psychopath. And just by what you said, your not. And the fact that it concerns you of "possibly" being psychotic just proves that your not. Who would be concerned if their psychotic anyways? Hope this helps!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 8:44:47 PM
At 3/17/2014 10:22:59 AM, OtakuJordan wrote:

Also, what you have sounds more like sociopathy than psychopathy, but it could easily just be teenage angst and whatnot.

I was going to say the same thing, it sounds more like sociopathy and not psychopathy. Also, people think that empathy is black and white but it really isn't. Some sociopaths have empathy for certain things while not others. For instance, (x) might feel empathy for anything that (x) perceives as 'innocent' whereas anything (x) perceives as 'not innocent' or 'corrupted' (x) has no empathy for.

Furthermore, it's common knowledge that most heads of state and corporate executives are sociopaths to a certain degree. So if you really do end up a sociopath, at-least you can still manage to function in society (quite well, actually). Until your early twenties though, I'd just say it's angst like everyone else is suggesting. If you are lying and manipulating - be smart about it. Getting caught doing stuff like that is frowned upon by the 'normal' people.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 9:19:45 PM
At 3/17/2014 10:56:05 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Also psychopaths by definition don't have emotions. Lack of excitement or lack of extreme emotions doesn't constitute.

Also by necessity you'd have to have antisocial disorder, which I'm assuming you don't since you didn't include that.

If you get your definition of a psychopath from tv shows, you're doing it wrong.

/thread.

Common misconception.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:42:38 AM
At 3/17/2014 9:19:45 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 3/17/2014 10:56:05 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

/thread.

Common misconception.

Well then the articles I read were wrong :P
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:24:10 PM

I don't believe you are a psychopath or sociopath. Being manipulative and lying are things most normal people do to some extent. "Emotions" aren't at the core of antisocial personality disorders, empathy is. Saying that you couldn't hurt other people pretty-much excludes you from the club.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Legitdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:38:26 PM
At 3/16/2014 9:19:34 PM, YYW wrote:

You're 14. It's not out of the norm for teenagers to try to manipulate at least their parents. Most teenagers think they're good liars. Very few are. You might be one who is, but whether you are or not, I don't trust your judgement. And yes, you do have emotions. You might lack certain stimuli that would make you feel strong emotions, but the very fact that you indicated that you could not torture someone shows some degree of human empathy which is enough to indicate that you're probably not a psychopath. And, even if you exhibit minor psychopathic traits, you're not old enough to be "psychopathic."

Wrecked....
A906500a
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 3:48:21 AM
Let's see if you give the psychopath answers to the following questions:
1) A person gets a drink from a drink machine. What color is the drink (the liquid)?

2) A kid's parents get him a skateboard and a scooter for his birthday. The next day the skateboard and scooter were returned to the store but not because the boy didn't like them. What was the reason then?

3) Say there was a burglar in your house and pretend you had no other choice than to kill him (not killing him is not an option). The burglar is hiding in the closet. How would you kill him?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 3:56:28 AM
This is not a real test, nor do the questions in the test actually test psychopathic traits. However, one could offer psychopathic answers.

At 3/20/2014 3:48:21 AM, A906500a wrote:
Let's see if you give the psychopath answers to the following questions:
1) A person gets a drink from a drink machine. What color is the drink (the liquid)?

An answer consistent with psychopathy: I don't give a sh!t.

An answer no psychopath would honestly give: I don't know.

2) A kid's parents get him a skateboard and a scooter for his birthday. The next day the skateboard and scooter were returned to the store but not because the boy didn't like them. What was the reason then?

An answer consistent with psychopathy: the kid died.

An answer no psychopath would honestly give: the kid already had both a skateboard and a scooter, and even though he liked them both, he wanted a bike too.

3) Say there was a burglar in your house and pretend you had no other choice than to kill him (not killing him is not an option). The burglar is hiding in the closet. How would you kill him?

An answer consistent with psychopathy: whatever method that would be least likely to lead to a criminal conviction.

An answer no psychopath would honestly give: I would never do it. People always have choices, and your hypothetical is stupid.
Tsar of DDO
A906500a
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 4:00:30 AM
None of those answers indicate psychopathy. Just because you can't find something on Google doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Mediterranean
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 8:23:55 AM

Wow! I'm definitely saluting your honesty and also the fact that you see the bad in you, I think most of the people refuse to do so!

As for an advice is to point out every time you are manipulative or find yourself lying and just correct it such as saying the truth after the lie, you can also prevent it for example you stop yourself before you say a lie.

This is all that came to my mind.
There is a whole different world right before our eyes, yet we fail to see it.