Jump to topic:

How can I do better?

Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 6:44:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What and how can I do better in terms of communication to other people and debating. I suck at debating and talking to people.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 6:46:54 PM
Ask for help from some of the top debaters (Roy, Mikal, bluesteel, some others).
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:27:36 AM
At 3/20/2014 6:44:39 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
What and how can I do better in terms of communication to other people and debating. I suck at debating and talking to people.

You'll have to be a bit more specific.

What aspect of communicating is troubling you?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:34:16 AM
At 3/22/2014 11:27:36 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

You'll have to be a bit more specific.

What aspect of communicating is troubling you?

If he could tell you, he'd be better at communicating, no?

Seriously, dishoungh, you have to practice.
I have always been told I have a unique way of thinking, which makes explaining myself difficult. It takes practice.
Plus, with strangers who don't know you, and while discussing ideas they believe, you need to be clear AND persuasive, which is hard. It takes time, so practice.
My work here is, finally, done.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:38:37 AM

Debating is not my best position either so I couldn't really give advice on that, however could you explain what you mean by communication to others? If I'm thinking what it is that your saying, I could at least give some advice in some way with that.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 9:53:07 AM

Practice makes perfect. Find your weak points and work on them, Find your opponent's weak points and exploit (< I don't like that word for here) them
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.