Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What do you think of me when you read this?

Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 9:46:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
- Special in Math and Science
- Majority A student
- Seeks for Righteousness and Justice
- Has Great Innovative Ideas
- Knows the pain of Solitude
- Wants to rid the world of negativity
- African American
- Alto Saxophone Player (Intermediate)
- Used to be addicted to video games
- Naruto fanboy
- Loves Orchestral music
- Hates War
- Doesn't like it when people ask me a ton of questions especially when I'm not in the mood
- Lone Wolf
- Free Thinker
- Wants to be acknowledged by the world as someone important
- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.
- Never felt love (I'm talking about love that's other than from family)
- Sucks at debate
- Thinks smoking is pointless
- Can't trust anyone because I rely only on myself
- Hates working with teams
- Knows what it feels like to be shunned and alienated
- Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals
- If I had super powers, I would use it as a force for good.
- Seeking for love
- I like girls, but I'm not desperate for seeking out a relationship right now. Although, it would be nice if a girl liked me. If a girl liked me, I would want to make her feel that she wants to like me. Not because she has to. She has the freedom to either like me or not. That's the main thing.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 12:07:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
You have a lot to say and you'd fit right in with DDO :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 1:48:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/20/2014 9:46:44 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
- Special in Math and Science

Good with data. My math teacher told me to GTFO

- Majority A student

What don't you get As in?

- Seeks for Righteousness and Justice

Everybody can claim intent. But who amongst us really knows righteousness from its opposite?

- Has Great Innovative Ideas

Like?

- Knows the pain of Solitude

Most good people do.

- Wants to rid the world of negativity

How?

- African American

So you have dark skin and a wide nose,and tightly-curled, black hair. Can you pass the paper-bag test?

- Alto Saxophone Player (Intermediate)

I played sax for awhile... had to quit in middle school because it was bad for my health (you'd understand if you saw where I grew up). I bought a clarinet a few years ago and tried getting back into it but I'm preoccupied with other things (and instruments).

- Used to be addicted to video games

I still am. Is there a medication for that or something?

- Naruto fanboy

Is that anime or something?

- Loves Orchestral music

I'm listening to DMX right now, not exactly orchestral, but I do love me some classical music. I probably would have been a successful classical musician if I didn't drop out of band. But that wasn't my path, apparently I'm supposed to be a local rockstar or something.

- Hates War

War is good for business. Or should I say that business is good for war ;). Have you read any of the New Testament or Plato's Republic? We can talk about war...

- Doesn't like it when people ask me a ton of questions especially when I'm not in the mood

When I get in the mood I don't like a lot of ques... wait a minute what do you mean by "in the mood?"

- Lone Wolf

*howl*

- Free Thinker

We'll see about that.

- Wants to be acknowledged by the world as someone important

That's called "vanity."

- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.

What are your ideas?

- Never felt love (I'm talking about love that's other than from family)

I remember that feeling when I was 20. Then I met her. I have been picking up the pieces ever since, and if I'm lucky, I can, at 33, get back to the emotional state I was in over a decade ago. If I can combine the wisdom I have now with the strength I had then, I might be in business...

- Sucks at debate

Debate is a means to an end. There are other means, possibly better...

- Thinks smoking is pointless

Smoking satisfies addiction, so the point is self-evident. But you wouldn't want to DEBATE that, right?

- Can't trust anyone because I rely only on myself

Relying on yourself is important but so is faith. I don't believe you don't trust anyone.

- Hates working with teams

Everyone has their place in a team. Humanity is a team. Maybe you're a leader, who knows....

- Knows what it feels like to be shunned and alienated

Good.

- Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals

Don't we all?

- If I had super powers, I would use it as a force for good.

No, you wouldn't. None of us would. That's part of being human.

- Seeking for love

You'll find it very soon.

- I like girls, but I'm not desperate for seeking out a relationship right now. Although, it would be nice if a girl liked me. If a girl liked me, I would want to make her feel that she wants to like me. Not because she has to. She has the freedom to either like me or not. That's the main thing.

Someone told me once that "you don't choose who you love, they choose you." I never understood it, but it has become my golden rule for relationships ever since the relationship failed with the person that told me that :P
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 3:54:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/20/2014 9:46:44 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
- Special in Math and Science
- Majority A student
- Seeks for Righteousness and Justice
- Has Great Innovative Ideas
- Knows the pain of Solitude
- Wants to rid the world of negativity
- African American
- Alto Saxophone Player (Intermediate)
- Used to be addicted to video games
- Naruto fanboy
- Loves Orchestral music
- Hates War
- Doesn't like it when people ask me a ton of questions especially when I'm not in the mood
- Lone Wolf
- Free Thinker
- Wants to be acknowledged by the world as someone important
- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.
- Never felt love (I'm talking about love that's other than from family)
- Sucks at debate
- Thinks smoking is pointless
- Can't trust anyone because I rely only on myself
- Hates working with teams
- Knows what it feels like to be shunned and alienated
- Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals
- If I had super powers, I would use it as a force for good.
- Seeking for love
- I like girls, but I'm not desperate for seeking out a relationship right now. Although, it would be nice if a girl liked me. If a girl liked me, I would want to make her feel that she wants to like me. Not because she has to. She has the freedom to either like me or not. That's the main thing.
We only have one similarity; we both play the alto saxophone. And I could play the Soprano too.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:54:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/20/2014 9:46:44 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
- Special in Math and Science
- Majority A student
- Seeks for Righteousness and Justice
- Has Great Innovative Ideas
- Knows the pain of Solitude
- Wants to rid the world of negativity
- African American
- Alto Saxophone Player (Intermediate)
- Used to be addicted to video games
- Naruto fanboy
- Loves Orchestral music
- Hates War
- Doesn't like it when people ask me a ton of questions especially when I'm not in the mood
- Lone Wolf
- Free Thinker
- Wants to be acknowledged by the world as someone important
- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.
- Never felt love (I'm talking about love that's other than from family)
- Sucks at debate
- Thinks smoking is pointless

I think: What is the world coming to? ;P

- Can't trust anyone because I rely only on myself
- Hates working with teams
- Knows what it feels like to be shunned and alienated
- Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals
- If I had super powers, I would use it as a force for good.
- Seeking for love
- I like girls, but I'm not desperate for seeking out a relationship right now. Although, it would be nice if a girl liked me. If a girl liked me, I would want to make her feel that she wants to like me. Not because she has to. She has the freedom to either like me or not. That's the main thing.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 12:10:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
- Majority A student

What don't you get As in?

The only thing I don't get A's in is English. I get only B's because I've always been terrible in Literacy. Plus, everyone says my English teacher is one of the hardest teachers to have in the 9th grade.

- Seeks for Righteousness and Justice

Everybody can claim intent. But who amongst us really knows righteousness from its opposite?

I'm not going to be a hypocrite, I do wrong things. Batman does wrong things too even though he's a fictional character. That doesn't mean I can step up and do things for the greater good.

- Has Great Innovative Ideas

Like?

Technology such as robotics, electromagnetics, flying cars, iron man suits, ideas that may sound unrealistic, but they can be accomplished. My ideas are very high detailed and it will take up probably 3 posts or even more than that to share my thoughts. I don't feel like typing all of that because, first of all, I just woke up and I'm lazy.

- Knows the pain of Solitude

Most good people do.

A lot of people think they do, but they don't know what it feels like to be shunned by people for a big portion of their lifespan.

- Wants to rid the world of negativity

How?

To show the world, that there is an alternative to hate. I've always hated the world when I was younger. As a matter a fact, I could have been some criminal kid running around stealing people's stuff and killing people. No matter how badly other people treated me, I still strive to fit into humanity.

- African American

So you have dark skin and a wide nose,and tightly-curled, black hair. Can you pass the paper-bag test?

I'm more light skinned person

- Used to be addicted to video games

I still am. Is there a medication for that or something?

No, I just found video games to be boring nowadays because, I don't have the next gen consoles and everything is pretty much a shooter. Shooters are boring. I'm thinking about selling all of my gaming stuff to build myself a gaming pc so I can join the PC master race.

- Naruto fanboy

Is that anime or something?

Yes

- Hates War

War is good for business. Or should I say that business is good for war ;). Have you read any of the New Testament or Plato's Republic? We can talk about war...

War is only sometimes necessary. I can understand war if it's to protect and serve. But, I hate war that is completely unnecessary like the Iraq war. That war was about oil and nobody realized it. I saw a documentary called "Why we did it" and they said that the whole thing was about OIL.

- Doesn't like it when people ask me a ton of questions especially when I'm not in the mood

When I get in the mood I don't like a lot of ques... wait a minute what do you mean by "in the mood?"

The "mood" is excitement.

- Free Thinker

We'll see about that.

See about what?

- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.

What are your ideas?

Okay, I'll message you my ideas since you want to see them so badly.

- Thinks smoking is pointless

Smoking satisfies addiction, so the point is self-evident. But you wouldn't want to DEBATE that, right?

No, because I never smoked anyway. So, what's the point?

- Can't trust anyone because I rely only on myself

Relying on yourself is important but so is faith. I don't believe you don't trust anyone.

I trust only a small portion of people. Of course, I trust my friends and family because they're your friends and family. I'm talking about people you barely know anything about. Like doing a team-based project for school for example.

- Hates working with teams

- Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals

Don't we all?

Not everyone does. There are people who don't know why they even exist and what to do with their lives.

- If I had super powers, I would use it as a force for good.

No, you wouldn't. None of us would. That's part of being human.

Well, then I'm not human.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 1:09:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 12:10:59 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
- Majority A student

What don't you get As in?

The only thing I don't get A's in is English. I get only B's because I've always been terrible in Literacy. Plus, everyone says my English teacher is one of the hardest teachers to have in the 9th grade.

Being on DDO will be excellent practice for your literacy.

- Seeks for Righteousness and Justice

Everybody can claim intent. But who amongst us really knows righteousness from its opposite?

I'm not going to be a hypocrite, I do wrong things. Batman does wrong things too even though he's a fictional character. That doesn't mean I can step up and do things for the greater good.

Is this that "B" in literacy rearing its ugly head? I am assuming you meant to say "That doesn't mean I canNOT step up and do things for the greater good." Right? If you really did mean what you said than I can only say "what???"

Anyway, I find ethical philosophy just about the most interesting subject around because it attempts to really differentiate right from wrong. If you're going to be around here long (most people pass through and decide this is too rich for their blood) then you should select a moral theory to defend, or else keep an eye on what's out there to figure out where you stand. I'd say that a good place to start is to decide whether you believe morality is relative or absolute, and if you believe morality is absolute then decide whether it is the repercussions of our actions that decide goodness or the intention. A smaller bone to pick is whether acts or rules should be focused on. I am personally a rule deontologist, which means I value intent over consequences (i.e., then ends CANNOT justify the means, no matter what) and principles (rules) can be constructed to guide these intentions. I consider Jesus to be the greatest moral philosopher in history and I believe he would be on-board with my system so I'm doing OK ;P

- Has Great Innovative Ideas

Like?

Technology such as robotics, electromagnetics, flying cars, iron man suits, ideas that may sound unrealistic, but they can be accomplished. My ideas are very high detailed and it will take up probably 3 posts or even more than that to share my thoughts. I don't feel like typing all of that because, first of all, I just woke up and I'm lazy.

I am the site's resident anti-flying car specialist. I don't believe flying cars will ever be commercially feasible, at least to more than a handfull of elite rich-people who can afford that stuff. With all the costs flying cars would incur, just the cost to become a pilot blows away how much money you'd spend to buy a normal car.

- Knows the pain of Solitude

Most good people do.

A lot of people think they do, but they don't know what it feels like to be shunned by people for a big portion of their lifespan.

While there are people who probably don't, please realize that one of the marquee responses of somebody who is going through rough times as a young person is the insistence that they are unique in their perils. I promise you that there are many like you and that you are going through what countless others have already dealt with, some not as badly, some much more so. I stopped playing my saxophone in 7th grade because I couldn't take the image of being a "band geek" in my very judgmental school I was going to, and I spent a fair amount of time being bullied and rejected from the "in" crowd. I consider my middle and high school to be just about the worst schools in the country, and I moved across the United States to get away from that place in tenth grade.

One important thing for people your age to realize is that you are just starting your adult life, and the people you know now as friends and associates aren't going to be around much longer. No matter how pathetic or embarrassing your life is in high school (or how popular and amazing it is), once you set off for college you will turnover a completely new leaf and meet new, much more long-term types of people that won't care at all what you were like in high school.

- Wants to rid the world of negativity

How?

To show the world, that there is an alternative to hate. I've always hated the world when I was younger. As a matter a fact, I could have been some criminal kid running around stealing people's stuff and killing people. No matter how badly other people treated me, I still strive to fit into humanity.

If you don't give up, your patience will be rewarded. That is a guarantee Jesus put forward, and it has made him the greatest figure in history ;)

- African American

So you have dark skin and a wide nose,and tightly-curled, black hair. Can you pass the paper-bag test?

I'm more light skinned person

I'm just screwing around with you, I was very tired last night when I wrote that.

- Used to be addicted to video games

I still am. Is there a medication for that or something?

No, I just found video games to be boring nowadays because, I don't have the next gen consoles and everything is pretty much a shooter. Shooters are boring. I'm thinking about selling all of my gaming stuff to build myself a gaming pc so I can join the PC master race.

What's better than shooters? Third person MMOs?

- Naruto fanboy

Is that anime or something?

Yes

I thought so.

- Hates War

War is good for business. Or should I say that business is good for war ;). Have you read any of the New Testament or Plato's Republic? We can talk about war...

War is only sometimes necessary. I can understand war if it's to protect and serve. But, I hate war that is completely unnecessary like the Iraq war. That war was about oil and nobody realized it. I saw a documentary called "Why we did it" and they said that the whole thing was about OIL.

War does not protect, war is the antithesis of protection. You say the Iraq war was "unnecessary..." So, then tell me, what was the last American war that was truly necessary?

As far as oil is concerned, that is both true and false. Was it just about oil? Probably not. But EVERY war is about securing the economic advantage for certain citizens, no matter what reasons we actually tell ourselves we must kill the enemy.

- Doesn't like it when people ask me a ton of questions especially when I'm not in the mood

When I get in the mood I don't like a lot of ques... wait a minute what do you mean by "in the mood?"

The "mood" is excitement.

I was making a sexual joke lol

- Free Thinker

We'll see about that.

See about what?

We'll see if you are a free-thinker or not!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 1:32:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.

What are your ideas?

Okay, I'll message you my ideas since you want to see them so badly.

I'd suggest you take each individual idea and make a thread for it, to get maximum feedback. We might think they are wonderful, we might think they are terrible. One thing you are guaranteed is that we will have an opinion on them!

- Thinks smoking is pointless

Smoking satisfies addiction, so the point is self-evident. But you wouldn't want to DEBATE that, right?

No, because I never smoked anyway. So, what's the point?

To indulge. Same as playing video games, eating junk food, casual sex, TV, and perhaps even DDO...

- Can't trust anyone because I rely only on myself

Relying on yourself is important but so is faith. I don't believe you don't trust anyone.

I trust only a small portion of people. Of course, I trust my friends and family because they're your friends and family. I'm talking about people you barely know anything about. Like doing a team-based project for school for example.

I've found that team-based projects are designed to show you precisely that - you will fail if you depend on everybody to do their fair share. If you are in a group of ten and decide to do 10% of the work, then you are screwed. And life works that way too. In any situation, prepare to do MORE than your "fair" share, not just because others tend to slack off, but because we have a natural tendency to psychologically minimize what our "fair" share is. It is only by getting into the habit of doing more than we need that we do just enough of what we need.

As far as genuine trust goes in your friends and such, that's very good that you don't trust people. If you did, you would be taught a lesson (sounds like you probably already have). Shakespeare said to love all, trust a few, and do harm to none.

- Hates working with teams

- Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals

Don't we all?

Not everyone does. There are people who don't know why they even exist and what to do with their lives.

I'd say I'm in that list myself lol. If you're not, then let me know why I'm here please!

- If I had super powers, I would use it as a force for good.

No, you wouldn't. None of us would. That's part of being human.

Well, then I'm not human.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's easy to say, as a non-superhero, that you'd use those powers for "good." But even defining what good is takes personal trials and tribulations, and while you wouldn't ever have a day where you decide not to do good, you'd find it harder, day by day, to be able to judge the good from bad. Jesus said that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich person to enter heaven. His point is the same as mine. Those who have wealth and power almost immediately lose sight of how to be the same good people they were when they were "normal." This isn't because money and power are evil, it is because we take for granted how much our limited abilities help us stay on the "path." A poor person, for example, can't put economic leverage on a family in China to work in a slave shop, because that poor person has no money to apply that leverage (a rich person puts all sorts of leverage on disadvantaged people continuously). A person without power and influence cannot take advantage of others the way somebody who does can. A weak person cannot be a bully, a stupid person cannot be a manipulator, and a grotesque person cannot ruin someone's self-esteem. Somebody that is beautiful, strong, rich, and powerful is almost certainly going to abuse these abilities if only because they don't actually feel any better than the grotesque, weak, poor individual. They don't feel any better so they act with the same zeal to get what they "want," however they have a much higher capacity to do evil than those without such options at their disposal.

Let's say that tomorrow you won the Powerball and get $100M. Tell me what you'd do with that money.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 5:03:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think you are setting yourself up for a life of great disappointment by placing your expectations on others.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 6:38:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
- Seeks for Righteousness and Justice

Everybody can claim intent. But who amongst us really knows righteousness from its opposite?

I'm not going to be a hypocrite, I do wrong things. Batman does wrong things too even though he's a fictional character. That doesn't mean I can step up and do things for the greater good.

Is this that "B" in literacy rearing its ugly head? I am assuming you meant to say "That doesn't mean I canNOT step up and do things for the greater good." Right? If you really did mean what you said than I can only say "what???"

So? You think that a little misconception like that caused me to earn a B? Even the teacher that everyone says, "Her class is too hard" makes these kind of mistakes.

- Has Great Innovative Ideas

Like?

Technology such as robotics, electromagnetics, flying cars, iron man suits, ideas that may sound unrealistic, but they can be accomplished. My ideas are very high detailed and it will take up probably 3 posts or even more than that to share my thoughts. I don't feel like typing all of that because, first of all, I just woke up and I'm lazy.

I am the site's resident anti-flying car specialist. I don't believe flying cars will ever be commercially feasible, at least to more than a handfull of elite rich-people who can afford that stuff. With all the costs flying cars would incur, just the cost to become a pilot blows away how much money you'd spend to buy a normal car.

I didn't say I want flying cars. Pretty much, nobody will want to fly a flying car except if they don't realize that buying flying cars is not economically necessary. It will cost a lot and there are fatal risks that you have to take into account.

- Wants to rid the world of negativity

How?

To show the world, that there is an alternative to hate. I've always hated the world when I was younger. As a matter a fact, I could have been some criminal kid running around stealing people's stuff and killing people. No matter how badly other people treated me, I still strive to fit into humanity.

If you don't give up, your patience will be rewarded. That is a guarantee Jesus put forward, and it has made him the greatest figure in history ;)

- Used to be addicted to video games

I still am. Is there a medication for that or something?

No, I just found video games to be boring nowadays because, I don't have the next gen consoles and everything is pretty much a shooter. Shooters are boring. I'm thinking about selling all of my gaming stuff to build myself a gaming pc so I can join the PC master race.

What's better than shooters? Third person MMOs?

Well, I've never played an MMO. I've found myself interested in Real-Time Strategy games because they require thought and some factors you have to take into account such as economy, military strength, defense, etc. I just hate how the FPS genre is so repetitive and it's so overrated.

- Hates War

War is good for business. Or should I say that business is good for war ;). Have you read any of the New Testament or Plato's Republic? We can talk about war...

War is only sometimes necessary. I can understand war if it's to protect and serve. But, I hate war that is completely unnecessary like the Iraq war. That war was about oil and nobody realized it. I saw a documentary called "Why we did it" and they said that the whole thing was about OIL.

War does not protect, war is the antithesis of protection. You say the Iraq war was "unnecessary..." So, then tell me, what was the last American war that was truly necessary?

Revolutionary War (To have the United States independent), Civil War (The only part I remember that was necessary was the Abolition Movement), The War on Terror (To fight terrorism. This war is kind of necessary.) , and WW2 (Hitler was growing in power and Japan attacked us).

As far as oil is concerned, that is both true and false. Was it just about oil? Probably not. But EVERY war is about securing the economic advantage for certain citizens, no matter what reasons we actually tell ourselves we must kill the enemy.

Well, the documentary said that it was about oil.

- Free Thinker

We'll see about that.

See about what?

We'll see if you are a free-thinker or not!

I mean, free thinkers are people who base their beliefs off of logic, reason, truth rather than authority and tradition. They think for themselves in other words. I'm against the fact that you can't speak back to adults. Now, that's so much bulls**t. Excuse my language, but still, authority, rank, and position doesn't justify that everything you command or say is reasonable. I won't allow myself to believe that it's the way it is because some random guy said so. It shouldn't work like that.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 6:56:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 1:32:44 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.

What are your ideas?

Okay, I'll message you my ideas since you want to see them so badly.

I'd suggest you take each individual idea and make a thread for it, to get maximum feedback. We might think they are wonderful, we might think they are terrible. One thing you are guaranteed is that we will have an opinion on them!
Okay, I'll make individual threads for all my ideas since they will take up so many characters I think.

- Thinks smoking is pointless

Smoking satisfies addiction, so the point is self-evident. But you wouldn't want to DEBATE that, right?

No, because I never smoked anyway. So, what's the point?

To indulge. Same as playing video games, eating junk food, casual sex, TV, and perhaps even DDO...

- Can't trust anyone because I rely only on myself

Relying on yourself is important but so is faith. I don't believe you don't trust anyone.

I trust only a small portion of people. Of course, I trust my friends and family because they're your friends and family. I'm talking about people you barely know anything about. Like doing a team-based project for school for example.

I've found that team-based projects are designed to show you precisely that - you will fail if you depend on everybody to do their fair share. If you are in a group of ten and decide to do 10% of the work, then you are screwed. And life works that way too. In any situation, prepare to do MORE than your "fair" share, not just because others tend to slack off, but because we have a natural tendency to psychologically minimize what our "fair" share is. It is only by getting into the habit of doing more than we need that we do just enough of what we need.
I still doesn't make any sense to punish somebody who did their job perfectly and this guy who is lazy decided to refuse to do his work. That's just bulls**t. I guess I can just tell the teacher that he doesn't want to do his work.
As far as genuine trust goes in your friends and such, that's very good that you don't trust people. If you did, you would be taught a lesson (sounds like you probably already have). Shakespeare said to love all, trust a few, and do harm to none.
I love all enough that everyone has the freedom to believe in what they want to believe in. But, a lot of people will take that the wrong way. That's why I trust a few. Even though those people who took their freedom the wrong way treated me wrongly, I will still love them enough to protect them from evil.
I know it doesn't make sense. I'm just trying to sound deep, but that is very true. If I had superpowers that could cause massive destruction, I would use that power as a force against evil.
- Hates working with teams

- Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals

Don't we all?

Not everyone does. There are people who don't know why they even exist and what to do with their lives.

I'd say I'm in that list myself lol. If you're not, then let me know why I'm here please!
That's for you to figure out. I'm not going to dictate you on what you want to do with yourself. However, I can be of assistance to you.
- If I had super powers, I would use it as a force for good.

No, you wouldn't. None of us would. That's part of being human.

Well, then I'm not human.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's easy to say, as a non-superhero, that you'd use those powers for "good." But even defining what good is takes personal trials and tribulations, and while you wouldn't ever have a day where you decide not to do good, you'd find it harder, day by day, to be able to judge the good from bad. Jesus said that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich person to enter heaven. His point is the same as mine. Those who have wealth and power almost immediately lose sight of how to be the same good people they were when they were "normal." This isn't because money and power are evil, it is because we take for granted how much our limited abilities help us stay on the "path." A poor person, for example, can't put economic leverage on a family in China to work in a slave shop, because that poor person has no money to apply that leverage (a rich person puts all sorts of leverage on disadvantaged people continuously). A person without power and influence cannot take advantage of others the way somebody who does can. A weak person cannot be a bully, a stupid person cannot be a manipulator, and a grotesque person cannot ruin someone's self-esteem. Somebody that is beautiful, strong, rich, and powerful is almost certainly going to abuse these abilities if only because they don't actually feel any better than the grotesque, weak, poor individual. They don't feel any better so they act with the same zeal to get what they "want," however they have a much higher capacity to do evil than those without such options at their disposal.

Let's say that tomorrow you won the Powerball and get $100M. Tell me what you'd do with that money.
You would expect me to buy stuff that's for my personal desires. However, I will split that money to spend things for myself and other things such as charity, church, and other people who really need it. Yes, I want a house that's huge. Pretty much, everyone wants one. But, just because I want expensive things doesn't mean I will then become frivolous with my wealth.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 6:58:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 5:03:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
I think you are setting yourself up for a life of great disappointment by placing your expectations on others.

How am I setting myself up for disappointment?
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:09:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 6:58:33 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/21/2014 5:03:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
I think you are setting yourself up for a life of great disappointment by placing your expectations on others.

How am I setting myself up for disappointment?

Wants to rid the world of negativity
Wants to be acknowledged by the world as someone important
Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world
Hates working with teams
Hates War
Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 8:18:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What's better than shooters? Third person MMOs?

Well, I've never played an MMO. I've found myself interested in Real-Time Strategy games because they require thought and some factors you have to take into account such as economy, military strength, defense, etc. I just hate how the FPS genre is so repetitive and it's so overrated.

Ironically, I am an FPS guy and I agree with you. I was about 10 when Wolfenstein came out, and played all of the older, original FPSs. Problem is, at the turn of the millenium, real advances stopped taking place. 007, Perfect Dark, Quake 3... these games were never really replaced in gameplay, companies simply made the graphics sharper and added some bells and whistles. I still play Quakelive online because it is awesome, and the engine for that game came out in 1999. I think the N64 shooters are as good as anything out today, graphics aside. In terms of time, the latest COD (or whatever) came out about 15 years after Goldeneye 007 for n64. 15 years before Goldeneye, Pac-Man was being released for the Atari 2600.

So, then tell me, what was the last American war that was truly necessary?

Revolutionary War (To have the United States independent), Civil War (The only part I remember that was necessary was the Abolition Movement), The War on Terror (To fight terrorism. This war is kind of necessary.) , and WW2 (Hitler was growing in power and Japan attacked us).

The Revolutionary war produced what we have now, which is not, IMO, any better than Great Britain. Slavery didn't end because of people killing each other, it ended because of people educating themselves. And the only reason Japan attacked us is because we decided we were going to police them overseas so that they didn't get as powerful as we did. Kids are generally taught that Japan kamikazes just decided to attack us without provocation. Are you saying it was good that we detonated a pair of nuclear weapons over that country?

As far as oil is concerned, that is both true and false. Was it just about oil? Probably not. But EVERY war is about securing the economic advantage for certain citizens, no matter what reasons we actually tell ourselves we must kill the enemy.

Well, the documentary said that it was about oil.

Oil. Money. Power. It's all pretty exchangeable, ideologically-speaking.

- Free Thinker

We'll see about that.

See about what?

We'll see if you are a free-thinker or not!

I mean, free thinkers are people who base their beliefs off of logic, reason, truth rather than authority and tradition. They think for themselves in other words. I'm against the fact that you can't speak back to adults. Now, that's so much bulls**t. Excuse my language, but still, authority, rank, and position doesn't justify that everything you command or say is reasonable. I won't allow myself to believe that it's the way it is because some random guy said so. It shouldn't work like that.

It's good for children to respect the wisdom of adults, only because children, by definition, have very little wisdom of their own, even if they are promising and intelligent. You're comparing thinking like an adult with talking back to an adult, which are not the same thing. You should follow the rules of the adults, but you are always free to believe what you'd like.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 8:28:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 6:56:47 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/21/2014 1:32:44 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.

What are your ideas?

Okay, I'll message you my ideas since you want to see them so badly.

I'd suggest you take each individual idea and make a thread for it, to get maximum feedback. We might think they are wonderful, we might think they are terrible. One thing you are guaranteed is that we will have an opinion on them!

Okay, I'll make individual threads for all my ideas since they will take up so many characters I think.

Yes one good point on DDO is to keep it simple - you'll usually always end up with 8,000 character dialogues anyway, it REALLY helps to keep the points simple to start!

I've found that team-based projects are designed to show you precisely that - you will fail if you depend on everybody to do their fair share. If you are in a group of ten and decide to do 10% of the work, then you are screwed. And life works that way too. In any situation, prepare to do MORE than your "fair" share, not just because others tend to slack off, but because we have a natural tendency to psychologically minimize what our "fair" share is. It is only by getting into the habit of doing more than we need that we do just enough of what we need.

I still doesn't make any sense to punish somebody who did their job perfectly and this guy who is lazy decided to refuse to do his work. That's just bulls**t. I guess I can just tell the teacher that he doesn't want to do his work.

In school, excuses matter. In real life, all that matters is the result of the work.

Let's say that tomorrow you won the Powerball and get $100M. Tell me what you'd do with that money.

You would expect me to buy stuff that's for my personal desires. However, I will split that money to spend things for myself and other things such as charity, church, and other people who really need it. Yes, I want a house that's huge. Pretty much, everyone wants one. But, just because I want expensive things doesn't mean I will then become frivolous with my wealth.

What if you donated it all to charity?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 8:36:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/20/2014 9:46:44 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
- Special in Math and Science
- Majority A student
- Seeks for Righteousness and Justice
- Has Great Innovative Ideas
- Knows the pain of Solitude
- Wants to rid the world of negativity
- African American
- Alto Saxophone Player (Intermediate)
- Used to be addicted to video games
- Naruto fanboy
- Loves Orchestral music
- Hates War
- Doesn't like it when people ask me a ton of questions especially when I'm not in the mood
- Lone Wolf
- Free Thinker
- Wants to be acknowledged by the world as someone important
- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.
- Never felt love (I'm talking about love that's other than from family)
- Sucks at debate
- Thinks smoking is pointless
- Can't trust anyone because I rely only on myself
- Hates working with teams
- Knows what it feels like to be shunned and alienated
- Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals
- If I had super powers, I would use it as a force for good.
- Seeking for love
- I like girls, but I'm not desperate for seeking out a relationship right now. Although, it would be nice if a girl liked me. If a girl liked me, I would want to make her feel that she wants to like me. Not because she has to. She has the freedom to either like me or not. That's the main thing.

I think you care too much about what others think. Actually, I think you are trying to see what others think to see if you can predict and manipulate their thoughts, in which case, you'll fit in fine here.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:05:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 8:18:26 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
What's better than shooters? Third person MMOs?

Well, I've never played an MMO. I've found myself interested in Real-Time Strategy games because they require thought and some factors you have to take into account such as economy, military strength, defense, etc. I just hate how the FPS genre is so repetitive and it's so overrated.

Ironically, I am an FPS guy and I agree with you. I was about 10 when Wolfenstein came out, and played all of the older, original FPSs. Problem is, at the turn of the millenium, real advances stopped taking place. 007, Perfect Dark, Quake 3... these games were never really replaced in gameplay, companies simply made the graphics sharper and added some bells and whistles. I still play Quakelive online because it is awesome, and the engine for that game came out in 1999. I think the N64 shooters are as good as anything out today, graphics aside. In terms of time, the latest COD (or whatever) came out about 15 years after Goldeneye 007 for n64. 15 years before Goldeneye, Pac-Man was being released for the Atari 2600.

So, then tell me, what was the last American war that was truly necessary?

Revolutionary War (To have the United States independent), Civil War (The only part I remember that was necessary was the Abolition Movement), The War on Terror (To fight terrorism. This war is kind of necessary.) , and WW2 (Hitler was growing in power and Japan attacked us).

The Revolutionary war produced what we have now, which is not, IMO, any better than Great Britain. Slavery didn't end because of people killing each other, it ended because of people educating themselves. And the only reason Japan attacked us is because we decided we were going to police them overseas so that they didn't get as powerful as we did. Kids are generally taught that Japan kamikazes just decided to attack us without provocation. Are you saying it was good that we detonated a pair of nuclear weapons over that country?

As far as oil is concerned, that is both true and false. Was it just about oil? Probably not. But EVERY war is about securing the economic advantage for certain citizens, no matter what reasons we actually tell ourselves we must kill the enemy.

Well, the documentary said that it was about oil.

Oil. Money. Power. It's all pretty exchangeable, ideologically-speaking.

- Free Thinker

We'll see about that.

See about what?

We'll see if you are a free-thinker or not!

I mean, free thinkers are people who base their beliefs off of logic, reason, truth rather than authority and tradition. They think for themselves in other words. I'm against the fact that you can't speak back to adults. Now, that's so much bulls**t. Excuse my language, but still, authority, rank, and position doesn't justify that everything you command or say is reasonable. I won't allow myself to believe that it's the way it is because some random guy said so. It shouldn't work like that.

It's good for children to respect the wisdom of adults, only because children, by definition, have very little wisdom of their own, even if they are promising and intelligent. You're comparing thinking like an adult with talking back to an adult, which are not the same thing. You should follow the rules of the adults, but you are always free to believe what you'd like.

Who said that only adults were free thinkers?
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:09:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 8:28:32 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 3/21/2014 6:56:47 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/21/2014 1:32:44 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.

What are your ideas?

Okay, I'll message you my ideas since you want to see them so badly.

I'd suggest you take each individual idea and make a thread for it, to get maximum feedback. We might think they are wonderful, we might think they are terrible. One thing you are guaranteed is that we will have an opinion on them!

Okay, I'll make individual threads for all my ideas since they will take up so many characters I think.

Yes one good point on DDO is to keep it simple - you'll usually always end up with 8,000 character dialogues anyway, it REALLY helps to keep the points simple to start!

I've found that team-based projects are designed to show you precisely that - you will fail if you depend on everybody to do their fair share. If you are in a group of ten and decide to do 10% of the work, then you are screwed. And life works that way too. In any situation, prepare to do MORE than your "fair" share, not just because others tend to slack off, but because we have a natural tendency to psychologically minimize what our "fair" share is. It is only by getting into the habit of doing more than we need that we do just enough of what we need.

I still doesn't make any sense to punish somebody who did their job perfectly and this guy who is lazy decided to refuse to do his work. That's just bulls**t. I guess I can just tell the teacher that he doesn't want to do his work.

In school, excuses matter. In real life, all that matters is the result of the work.

Let's say that tomorrow you won the Powerball and get $100M. Tell me what you'd do with that money.

You would expect me to buy stuff that's for my personal desires. However, I will split that money to spend things for myself and other things such as charity, church, and other people who really need it. Yes, I want a house that's huge. Pretty much, everyone wants one. But, just because I want expensive things doesn't mean I will then become frivolous with my wealth.

What if you donated it all to charity?

I won't. That's a problem. I'm not one of those people who is are considerate for others, they can't take care of themselves. I'm not give everything to charity because I have to take care of myself too.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:12:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 7:09:50 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/21/2014 6:58:33 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/21/2014 5:03:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
I think you are setting yourself up for a life of great disappointment by placing your expectations on others.

How am I setting myself up for disappointment?

Wants to rid the world of negativity
Wants to be acknowledged by the world as someone important
Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world
Hates working with teams
Hates War
Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals

Just because they are big things to accomplish does not mean it's a guaranteed failure. What makes it guaranteed is if you don't believe in yourself and if you quit.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:18:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think someone is taking lessons on how to write a resume from someone who never held any sort of job in the private sector, and decided to post their draft at the bull**** section because they believed it had some sort of value.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:19:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Or some similarly stupid writing assignment one might get in a high school.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:23:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 10:19:27 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Or some similarly stupid writing assignment one might get in a high school.

What are you even talking about?
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:26:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 10:23:10 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/21/2014 10:19:27 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Or some similarly stupid writing assignment one might get in a high school.

What are you even talking about?

I can't imagine any reason to make this thread other than the influence of a terrible English teacher.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:28:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 12:07:33 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
You have a lot to say and you'd fit right in with DDO :)

Thanks
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:32:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2014 8:36:48 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/20/2014 9:46:44 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
- Special in Math and Science
- Majority A student
- Seeks for Righteousness and Justice
- Has Great Innovative Ideas
- Knows the pain of Solitude
- Wants to rid the world of negativity
- African American
- Alto Saxophone Player (Intermediate)
- Used to be addicted to video games
- Naruto fanboy
- Loves Orchestral music
- Hates War
- Doesn't like it when people ask me a ton of questions especially when I'm not in the mood
- Lone Wolf
- Free Thinker
- Wants to be acknowledged by the world as someone important
- Wants to share his innovative ideas to the world but doesn't know how.
- Never felt love (I'm talking about love that's other than from family)
- Sucks at debate
- Thinks smoking is pointless
- Can't trust anyone because I rely only on myself
- Hates working with teams
- Knows what it feels like to be shunned and alienated
- Seeks for answers of my existence and how to accomplish my goals
- If I had super powers, I would use it as a force for good.
- Seeking for love
- I like girls, but I'm not desperate for seeking out a relationship right now. Although, it would be nice if a girl liked me. If a girl liked me, I would want to make her feel that she wants to like me. Not because she has to. She has the freedom to either like me or not. That's the main thing.

I think you care too much about what others think. Actually, I think you are trying to see what others think to see if you can predict and manipulate their thoughts, in which case, you'll fit in fine here.

I actually do care a lot of what others think about myself. Main reason is because I don't feel that I'm worthy. Some people say that I am, but I have a feeling that I'm not. I've always asked the question, worthy of what? I don't really know exactly. I feel unworthiness in my stomach. That is the exact reason why I even considered of posting this forum.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 11:41:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I can understand your post of feelin unworthy 100% because that's how I feel a lot of the time. Your not alone.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Mediterranean
Posts: 32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 1:17:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1- You sound like a good person

2- You kinda lack confidence like a lot of us don't worry

3- I like that you find smocking pointless haha

4- You don't need the approval of anyone, love yourself, and it's worth trusting people, not all but it is a good adventure

x
There is a whole different world right before our eyes, yet we fail to see it.