Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Would you kill someone for a million dollars?

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 12:46:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What if it was simply pressing a button and then someone on earth somewhere would die?

https://www.youtube.com...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 12:50:12 PM
It's kindof preachy, but it's a creative film...

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 2:16:08 PM
No. I'm sure no one would actually admit that they would but I honestly don't think I would be even tempted
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 6:11:25 PM
That video could have taken a very different direction. But my answer would be no.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 6:15:41 PM
At 3/21/2014 6:11:25 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

That video could have taken a very different direction. But my answer would be no.

I liked the surprise ending... :P

Funny video btw

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 6:28:09 PM
If it's someone I know and love, not a fvcking chance. If it's a stranger, well, I'd consider it. I can't say for sure I know what my choice would be. But, if it were someone like Hitler, where everyone would be better off not sharing the planet with him, then I'd gladly do it.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 8:10:34 PM
At 3/21/2014 12:46:24 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
What if it was simply pressing a button and then someone on earth somewhere would die?

Closest video I can find of the isolated quote.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 8:39:28 PM
I'd not ever kill anyone for money, no. I'm solidly wired otherwise. If someone ever hurt someone I loved though I'm not really sure what I'd do. I have a pretty violent streak.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:07:59 PM
I would kill AnDoctuir for $5
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:14:04 PM
At 3/21/2014 12:50:12 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

What film was that? I don't know its name, but I know it exists. And to answer your question, there's no way of knowing that if the situation doesn't actually occur.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:34:35 PM
At 3/21/2014 9:29:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
This was the exact plot of a Cameron Diaz movie

Any good?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:38:29 PM
At 3/21/2014 9:34:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Any good?

Not according to rottentomatoes or the wiki I just read lol. The dynamics of how the victim is chosen is interesting, though. Spoiler alert, I guess, though the movie is 5 years old: the victim is a member of the previous family who pressed the button.

FYI, tulle and I had this discussion months ago. I said I would, she said she wouldn't. She's got more upper body strength than me, so we probably wouldn't.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:39:15 PM
At 3/21/2014 9:36:47 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I'm about 80% sure I'm immortal.

This is a really funny quote. It's also a testable claim.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:40:18 PM
At 3/21/2014 9:39:15 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/21/2014 9:36:47 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I'm about 80% sure I'm immortal.

This is a really funny quote. It's also a testable claim.

I tried to overdose on drugs one time, it left me bedridden for 3 days and then I rose again, I sh*t you not.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:54:27 PM
At 3/21/2014 9:14:04 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/21/2014 12:50:12 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

What film was that? I don't know its name, but I know it exists. And to answer your question, there's no way of knowing that if the situation doesn't actually occur.

I posted the link in the first post... it's called The Black Button.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:55:28 PM

Plagiarism?

Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:55:34 PM

No. Killing an innocent person would be on your conscious for the rest of your life.

Definitely not.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 9:56:09 PM
At 3/21/2014 9:55:34 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

No. Killing an innocent person would be on your conscious for the rest of your life.

Definitely not.

Whoops! I mean conscience.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:07:23 PM
At 3/21/2014 9:38:29 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/21/2014 9:34:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Any good?

Not according to rottentomatoes or the wiki I just read lol. The dynamics of how the victim is chosen is interesting, though. Spoiler alert, I guess, though the movie is 5 years old: the victim is a member of the previous family who pressed the button.

FYI, tulle and I had this discussion months ago. I said I would, she said she wouldn't. She's got more upper body strength than me, so we probably wouldn't.

lol. I would if I really needed the money *and* I knew the procedure was that it was random. There's like a 100 in 7 billion chance that someone I know and care about dies. Those are pretty good odds. But if I didn't really need the money, I wouldn't kill some random person just to have $1 million extra in the bank.

That's interesting twist, but yeah, I don't see how you make that into an entire movie. You have a pretty good ending, but not a good middle.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:19:11 PM
10% of that money could save far more lives than the one lost, and the only thing that would stop anyone from pushing it is some misplaced sense of moral guilt. We all die sooner or later, and the randomness makes it all faceless and impersonal. Kill someone, build a well and a clinic in a destitute village, and you've already left the world a better place. All of the questions about 'well, that person could have been a great scientist or artist' apply just as readily to the lives which you end up saving. Because, when you get right down to it, the lives of many people are pretty damn cheap, and you can 'buy' many more than one for $1,000,000.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:33:36 PM
At 3/21/2014 10:19:11 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
10% of that money could save far more lives than the one lost, and the only thing that would stop anyone from pushing it is some misplaced sense of moral guilt. We all die sooner or later, and the randomness makes it all faceless and impersonal. Kill someone, build a well and a clinic in a destitute village, and you've already left the world a better place. All of the questions about 'well, that person could have been a great scientist or artist' apply just as readily to the lives which you end up saving. Because, when you get right down to it, the lives of many people are pretty damn cheap, and you can 'buy' many more than one for $1,000,000.

What a load of rubbish dude. "The greater good" will never be anything more than hypocrisy. Killing people to save lives? Where are you going with that? When you get right down to it, yeah it's bullsh*t, god is a bastard, etc., but just grin and bear it and call god a d*ckhead, don't play retarded games. Life isn't something you play valuation games with. And I mean value is subjective, right? Utterly. Where are you going? Oh, just killing this guy to save other people. Why? You just killed a dude.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:35:15 PM
Batman will save the day, that's how this works. You have faith in Batman to get you through moral dilemmas.