Jump to topic:

Silliness and Seriousness

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:07:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Press down on the latter with the former, it's directly contrasting and will cause an explosion. It's a cool trick if you know someone is seriously considering something but holding their tongue about it.

Oh... what? lol
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:49:03 AM
At 3/26/2014 1:07:17 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Press down on the latter with the former, it's directly contrasting and will cause an explosion. It's a cool trick if you know someone is seriously considering something but holding their tongue about it.

Oh... what? lol

Had to read that like three times XD so what be silly when someone else is serious to cause an explosion?
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 12:10:16 PM
At 3/26/2014 11:49:03 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Oh... what? lol

Had to read that like three times XD so what be silly when someone else is serious to cause an explosion?

Basically, yes. They're opposite frames of mind. It can't just be ignored, but will need to be pushed aside. It's kinda like how you'll be shushed in a library or a church, except more intricate.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 12:11:11 PM
Actually it's not even more intricate than that, but it can manifest itself in ways that are much more fun and useful :D
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 12:27:57 PM
It's also like how you can break sadness with happiness btw. No such thing as happy sadness.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 12:42:08 PM
At 3/26/2014 12:27:57 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
It's also like how you can break sadness with happiness btw. No such thing as happy sadness.

But there's happy sadism.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 12:43:09 PM
At 3/26/2014 12:42:08 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/26/2014 12:27:57 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

But there's happy sadism.

You can break that too.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:54:48 PM
This was an interesting post. Didn't quite get it at first until I read through all the comments below.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 12:28:24 AM

Oh... what? lol

Wow.. lol