Jump to topic:

Talent Show

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:21:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Alright everyone, its finally here!!! I'm sooooo nervous!!!! I'm just settin this thread up cause .. well.. I heard from the staff that they're gonna be recording all performers and posting it on YouTube.. So you know what that means? I'll be posting it here... If it doesn't get recoreded like stated, I'll tryta get someone to record so that Y'all can feel like y'all were there! Wish you ALL could go! :)
But I know it won't happen.. Anyways, Wed. is the day!! Haha! Today at rehearsal, I was shaking soooo bad I had to grip the mic really tight cause I didn't wanna drop it.. And once I gripped it, I closed my eyes and sang as hard, loud and with confidence as I could and focusing on my breathing and the lyrics.. It turned out good cause those that were there really liked it.. I even had a contestant tell me I sound better than Christina Aguillar.. I think he was exaggerating though LOL.. Anyways, y'all wish me best!! I'm really nervous, like NOOOO lie!!! Love you guys!!! <3!!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Zendayalover156
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:51:06 PM
Don't worry Marie. My talent show is tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous and kinda not at the same time. Just picture yourself in a room alone. That's what I do when I'm performing and I'm nervous
Xoxo Zendayalover156
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:02:57 PM
At 3/27/2014 7:51:06 PM, Zendayalover156 wrote:
Don't worry Marie. My talent show is tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous and kinda not at the same time. Just picture yourself in a room alone. That's what I do when I'm performing and I'm nervous

Awe I'll be thinking about you then!! Best wishes Mija!! :)
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:08:41 PM
At 3/27/2014 7:21:06 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Alright everyone, its finally here!!! I'm sooooo nervous!!!! I'm just settin this thread up cause .. well.. I heard from the staff that they're gonna be recording all performers and posting it on YouTube.. So you know what that means? I'll be posting it here... If it doesn't get recoreded like stated, I'll tryta get someone to record so that Y'all can feel like y'all were there! Wish you ALL could go! :)
But I know it won't happen.. Anyways, Wed. is the day!! Haha! Today at rehearsal, I was shaking soooo bad I had to grip the mic really tight cause I didn't wanna drop it.. And once I gripped it, I closed my eyes and sang as hard, loud and with confidence as I could and focusing on my breathing and the lyrics.. It turned out good cause those that were there really liked it.. I even had a contestant tell me I sound better than Christina Aguillar.. I think he was exaggerating though LOL.. Anyways, y'all wish me best!! I'm really nervous, like NOOOO lie!!! Love you guys!!! <3!!

You're doing a talent show? :P Good luck! :)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:10:02 PM
At 3/27/2014 8:08:41 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

At my college campus, yes lol! Someone told me after my rehearsal practice that I should go on American idol!! I almost always hear that. But I'm like, nooooooooooo!!! Haha
And thank you!! :) appreciate that!!
"Good Times" ~ Max
Zendayalover156
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:13:17 PM
At 3/27/2014 8:02:57 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:51:06 PM, Zendayalover156 wrote:

Awe I'll be thinking about you then!! Best wishes Mija!! :)

Thanks. Good luck at your talent show
Xoxo Zendayalover156
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:13:24 PM
At 3/27/2014 8:10:02 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

At my college campus, yes lol! Someone told me after my rehearsal practice that I should go on American idol!! I almost always hear that. But I'm like, nooooooooooo!!! Haha

Hey why not? :P It would be fun ;)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:14:26 PM
At 3/27/2014 8:13:24 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Hey why not? :P It would be fun ;)

Oh my gosh, I'd be scared outta my mind!! Haha!! And I personally don't believe I'd even make it, I'm just an average singer. Not a pro.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Clintilius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:05:03 PM

If all these people are complimenting you, you might want to consider signing up for American Idol. You never know what could happen. Worst case is that you don't make it. Either way you're still a good singer.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:07:53 PM
At 3/27/2014 10:05:03 PM, Clintilius wrote:

If all these people are complimenting you, you might want to consider signing up for American Idol. You never know what could happen. Worst case is that you don't make it. Either way you're still a good singer.

Well thank you. Have you heard me sing before? I don't believe I've ever seen you around on DDO either? hmmm interesting.. Thank you for your kind words :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
Clintilius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:12:38 PM
At 3/27/2014 10:07:53 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Well thank you. Have you heard me sing before? I don't believe I've ever seen you around on DDO either? hmmm interesting.. Thank you for your kind words :)

I'm just assuming that you are a good singer because you're getting a bunch of compliments. Actually I just started this account today.
Clintilius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 10:17:39 PM
At 3/27/2014 10:12:38 PM, Clintilius wrote:
At 3/27/2014 10:07:53 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I'm just assuming that you are a good singer because you're getting a bunch of compliments. Actually I just started this account today.

Never Mind. I created this account 6 months ago and I started using it today.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 9:49:34 AM
good luck!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 6:30:10 PM
I have a video from my rehearsal, but I gotta figure out how to upload it and post it here.
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 8:19:31 PM
Guess what this is!!! :) Hope you all enjoy!! This was just rehearsal, but it came out alright I guess ha!

https://docs.google.com...
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 3:30:03 PM
I didn't place, but I got an acknowledgement award :)
So I'm totally content with that. To me is I won just by going up on the stage to sing at all. It was awesome watching everyone else's performances and the winners definitely deserved their places! So props to them! Once I get the YouTube video of the whole performance I'll be sure to post it up for y'all as promised! :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:14:15 PM
At 4/2/2014 3:30:03 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
To me is I won just by going up on the stage to sing at all.

Yeah, you're braver than I am. You get props from me.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle