Jump to topic:

Europe?

Clintilius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 9:05:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey everybody! Sometime soon I might go on a trip to Europe. I want to go to Paris and one other city. I've already been to London and Rome. I was thinking maybe Berlin or Barcelona. Anybody have any ideas?
el_em_en_oh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 1:45:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 9:05:58 AM, Clintilius wrote:
Hey everybody! Sometime soon I might go on a trip to Europe. I want to go to Paris and one other city. I've already been to London and Rome. I was thinking maybe Berlin or Barcelona. Anybody have any ideas?

Here are several of the larger ones:
Copenhagen
Milan
Budapest
Brussels
Zurich
Monaco (Monte Carlo)

Questions:
a) on how long you're going for?
b) what is your budget?
c) how will you be travelling (hike, bike, car, train, plane)?
d) what are you interested in (ie: architecture, geography, historical significance)

Where you go after Paris, will depend a lot on the above questions. Are you going alone, or do you have a travel companion?

I've traveled several different ways (solo, partner, travel-group), and have actually lived in a couple of them for short periods, and my favorite way is SOLO. I find it challenging to land in a city I've never been to, which may have a language barrier, and attempting to find my way around. Add's a whole new dynamic to the trip, and adds to the fun (in my opinion). Some people don't like that, and I can respect it, I'm just not the sort of person that likes to be catered to (I like to find my own way).