Jump to topic:

Workout Music

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:19:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Pandora now sends out lists of my most listened to songs, and over the past few weeks mine have included at least these: Till I Collapse (Eminem), Lose Yourself (Eminem), No Love (Eminem, Wayne, etc.), I need a Doctor (Eminem and Dre), All of the Lights (Kanye), Power (Kanye), etc. I mostly listen to rap when I work out (like, every day or every other day depending on the week), but I can tell you that without that I don't make it through. But, with it, I literally am harder/better/faster/stronger.

But that kind of makes me wonder... what do you guys listen to at the gym? What kind of an impact do you think it has?
Tsar of DDO
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:52:34 AM
At 4/1/2014 12:19:03 AM, YYW wrote:
Pandora now sends out lists of my most listened to songs, and over the past few weeks mine have included at least these: Till I Collapse (Eminem), Lose Yourself (Eminem), No Love (Eminem, Wayne, etc.), I need a Doctor (Eminem and Dre), All of the Lights (Kanye), Power (Kanye), etc. I mostly listen to rap when I work out (like, every day or every other day depending on the week), but I can tell you that without that I don't make it through. But, with it, I literally am harder/better/faster/stronger.

But that kind of makes me wonder... what do you guys listen to at the gym? What kind of an impact do you think it has?

Play this...........

I am sure you will make some new friends........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:52:47 AM

https://www.youtube.com...

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:53:31 AM
At 4/1/2014 12:52:34 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Play this...........

I am sure you will make some new friends........

lol

I can imagine.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:01:58 AM
At 4/1/2014 12:52:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:

lol, yeah that's on there too.

Tsar of DDO
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:04:00 AM
Some of my personal favorites:

and lol, why not:

^This song just cracks me up so much I forget what I'm doing no matter how intense it is.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:16:34 AM
At 4/1/2014 1:04:00 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Some of my personal favorites:

I think for cardio, that would be excellent.

Well, they're cute for sure. Definitely fits my criterion there haha

and lol, why not:

rofl

^This song just cracks me up so much I forget what I'm doing no matter how intense it is.

Reminds me of this:

Tsar of DDO
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:26:44 AM
At 4/1/2014 1:16:34 AM, YYW wrote:
Reminds me of this:

lol, this is one of my new favorite jokes of all time -- "my ex-girlfriend had a weird fetish.... she would dress up like herself...and act like a huge b*tch all the time"

also: "my whole family thinks I'm gay
I guess it's always been that way
Maybe it's because of the way that I walk....
makes them think that I like .... .... .... ...... ... boys"

haha, so great
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 11:49:44 AM
I think people who walk around the gym with earbuds are tools. There's top-40 on in the background but I barely listen to it, I am concentrating on my workout so much. You can't speak to people with earbuds because they can't hear you and socializing at the gym is great so I wouldn't want to give up that aspect of it. It also can be downright annoying when you're trying to coordinate equipment with them. Music, to me, is for dancing, not pumping iron.

I think it's even worse when people are out jogging with earbuds in. You need your senses when you are outside and cutting off your sense of hearing just to listen to a song you've heard 30 times already is nonsensical to me. Being outdoors is an experience and you should keep your ears and eyes open - or you just might miss something ;)
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:33:18 AM
These are songs that HAVE to be on my gym playlist.

On the treadmill:
Ok Go - WTF
Ok Go - Needing/Getting
Ok Go - Skyscrapers
Panic at the Disco - The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage
Panic at the Disco - Build God, then We'll Talk
Michael Jackson - PYT

During yoga:
Andea Bocelli and Celine Dion - A Prayer
Ed Sheeran - Kiss Me

I don't really listen to music during pilates because I don't like wearing earphones then. Music while running definitely helps me to push longer and run faster. Keeping a rhythm is good for me. Music during yoga is just peaceful and helps wind down.
yang.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 3:51:55 PM
At 4/2/2014 11:33:18 AM, tulle wrote:

Music while running definitely helps me to push longer and run faster. Keeping a rhythm is good for me.

I know what you mean. Like I said I never do music and working out, but while I run I actually think about a song and then breathe to the rhythm. It's not always totally conscious, either. As I breathe I get into a beat and just breathe to it as if I'm playing an instrument or dancing to the rhythm. Sometimes it's not an actual song, but many times I breathe to the rhythm of whatever song has been in my head that day (being a musician I ALWAYS have a song in my head). I'll modify the tempo of the song to fit my breathing pace.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 3:53:49 PM
These are songs that HAVE to be on my gym playlist.

On the treadmill:
Ok Go - WTF
Ok Go - Needing/Getting
Ok Go - Skyscrapers

I love it.

Panic at the Disco - The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage
Panic at the Disco - Build God, then We'll Talk
Michael Jackson - PYT

During yoga:
Andea Bocelli and Celine Dion - A Prayer

<3

Ed Sheeran - Kiss Me

I don't really listen to music during pilates because I don't like wearing earphones then. Music while running definitely helps me to push longer and run faster. Keeping a rhythm is good for me. Music during yoga is just peaceful and helps wind down.
Tsar of DDO
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:28:19 AM
At 4/2/2014 3:51:55 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Music while running definitely helps me to push longer and run faster. Keeping a rhythm is good for me.

I know what you mean. Like I said I never do music and working out, but while I run I actually think about a song and then breathe to the rhythm. It's not always totally conscious, either. As I breathe I get into a beat and just breathe to it as if I'm playing an instrument or dancing to the rhythm. Sometimes it's not an actual song, but many times I breathe to the rhythm of whatever song has been in my head that day (being a musician I ALWAYS have a song in my head). I'll modify the tempo of the song to fit my breathing pace.

lol :p
yang.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 6:13:29 PM
Lately I've been listening to early Cage the Elephant, a little bit of Foster the People, Matisyahu, the White Stripes, RHCP, a little bit of Black Eyed Peas, the Dead Weather, and AC/DC. Having bad@ss type rock tends to get me really pumped.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 8:26:42 PM

I like to listen to the Pandora channel: Lamb of God. It usually plays the insane metal I enjoy while lifting weights.

When I go jogging or am practicing my martial arts I don't listen to music.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 12:05:15 AM

These give me the ultimate hardcore boost. xD I use them mainly for powerlifting.
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 1:17:52 AM

I don't go to the gym but I generally bike a good 2 1/2 hours a day now so I'm almost always listening to music on my phone while I ride. Usually Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Flaming Lips, Fqll Out Boy, Awolnation, and Cage the Elephant. Will hopefully be seeing 3/5 of 'em at Bonarroo.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 2:03:57 AM
At 4/4/2014 1:17:52 AM, Noumena wrote:

I don't go to the gym but I generally bike a good 2 1/2 hours a day now so I'm almost always listening to music on my phone while I ride.

I've always been afraid to listen to music when I bike. I feel like I'm going to not hear a car, get ran over and die... but I'm probably just paranoid.

Usually Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Flaming Lips, Fqll Out Boy, Awolnation, and Cage the Elephant. Will hopefully be seeing 3/5 of 'em at Bonarroo.

I am literally beyond jealous that you're going to Bonarroo... I wiiiiiiiiish I could, but I've got other obligations that week. I hope you have a shitton of fun, and smoke a shitton of weed. :)
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 2:10:08 AM
At 4/4/2014 2:03:57 AM, YYW wrote:

I don't go to the gym but I generally bike a good 2 1/2 hours a day now so I'm almost always listening to music on my phone while I ride.

I've always been afraid to listen to music when I bike. I feel like I'm going to not hear a car, get ran over and die... but I'm probably just paranoid.

You are. Kind of. I've been hit three times since I started biking regularly but it was never out of not being able to hear. I'm just a dumbass who does dumbass things like trying to light a cig while crossing an intersection or staring at a cloud for a few too many seconds.

Usually Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Flaming Lips, Fqll Out Boy, Awolnation, and Cage the Elephant. Will hopefully be seeing 3/5 of 'em at Bonarroo.

I am literally beyond jealous that you're going to Bonarroo... I wiiiiiiiiish I could, but I've got other obligations that week. I hope you have a shitton of fun, and smoke a shitton of weed. :)

I've only recently gotten back into smoking so I'll see where I'm at with that by the time of the concert. I'm much more excited at the possibility of shrooms though, honestly. They're always nice. Or maybe I'll be a psssy and just get drunk the whole time. Not exactly sure yet.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:38:04 AM

I don't go to the gym but I generally bike a good 2 1/2 hours a day now so I'm almost always listening to music on my phone while I ride. Usually Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Flaming Lips, Fqll Out Boy, Awolnation, and Cage the Elephant. Will hopefully be seeing 3/5 of 'em at Bonarroo.

Watch out, biking makes you go impotent :o
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 2:49:59 PM
At 4/4/2014 11:38:04 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Does yer penis just fall off or is it more subtle?
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 3:18:58 PM
At 4/4/2014 2:49:59 PM, Noumena wrote:

Well "some people say" that the bike seat crushes the artery that runs through your taint/gooch area.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 10:52:16 AM
At 4/4/2014 3:18:58 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Well "some people say" that the bike seat crushes the artery that runs through your taint/gooch area.

Sounds kinky.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 1:21:12 PM
At 4/5/2014 10:52:16 AM, Noumena wrote:

Sounds kinky.

Bicyclists have increased sex drives which causes them to have too much sex and burn out their sexual organs.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 2:11:33 PM
At 4/5/2014 1:21:12 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 4/5/2014 10:52:16 AM, Noumena wrote:

Sounds kinky.

Bicyclists have increased sex drives which causes them to have too much sex and burn out their sexual organs.

I might be able to swing it once this week on my day off but that's pretty much it.
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 7:03:01 AM

My favorite workout songs.

1. Can I Kick It? By: A Tribe Called Quest

2. Stan By: Eminem

3. Stronger By: Kanye West

4. Rocky (Main Theme) By: Starlight Orchestra

5. Make It Bun Dem By: Skrillex

6. Lose Yourself By: Eminem

7. I Need A Doctor By: Eminem/Dr.Dre

8. Hung Up By: Madonna

9. Gotta Work By: Amerie

10. Forever By: Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem

11. E.T By: Katy Perry

12. California Love By: 2pac, Roger Troutman & Dr.Dre

13. Ante Up By: Mash Out Posse

14. No Easy Way Out By: Robert Tepper

15. Pound The Alarm By: Nicki Minaj

16. Rapper's Delight By: The Sugarhill Gang

17. Run This Town By: Jay-Z

18. Scream & Shout By: will.i.am

19. The Thoughts of Losing You By: Dredg

20. Another One Bites The Dust By: Queen

21. We No Speak Americano By: Yolando Be Cool &DCUP

22. White Flag By: Dido

23. Wobble By: V.I.C

24. 4 Minutes By: Madonna

25. Young, Wild & Free By: Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa

Those are my personal preferences. Hope it helped!
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 11:08:24 AM
I'm a chick. But hopefully, this will help:

(Intimidation is a witch with a capital B.)

(to freak people out)

Arctic Monkeys are also awesome.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.