I usually get around the low-mid 90s.

I'm not that fast...
Complicated_Mind
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 1:45:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have no life. -.- I just played this thing for like an hour... It's addicting.

I started at 75 and worked my way up to 104...

Better I do this rather than drugs, right?
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:32:58 PM
57. Slow, but I can type faster when I'm not trying to copy off a word list. It's much faster for me to just type off my head
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:46:33 PM
I'm around 56 on most attempts (hunt and peck). I'm much faster, upper sixties/low seventies, if I'm given intelligible sentences, as I lean pretty heavily on memorization while typing so I can reorient myself every once in a while. This particular exercise was actually very frustrating to me because of that, lol.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:49:28 PM
At 4/7/2014 9:46:33 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
I'm around 56 on most attempts (hunt and peck). I'm much faster, upper sixties/low seventies, if I'm given intelligible sentences, as I lean pretty heavily on memorization while typing so I can reorient myself every once in a while. This particular exercise was actually very frustrating to me because of that, lol.

I'm about 95 wpm when I'm just writing for myself, what I'm thinking. That rate drops pretty substantially when I'm just typing random words that don't make any sense at all in context with each other.
Tsar of DDO
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 10:00:03 PM
At 4/7/2014 9:49:28 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm about 95 wpm when I'm just writing for myself, what I'm thinking. That rate drops pretty substantially when I'm just typing random words that don't make any sense at all in context with each other.

I don't think I've ever recorded my rate just typing my thoughts; I think it'd be interesting but difficult to verify.

But yeah, the entire time I was doing it my hands kept drifting over a letter and I'd have to stop and readjust quickly. Then my grammar/spelling Nazi tendencies would kick in, and I'd backspace through four letters to fix an error. I'm glad that this sort of typing situation isn't something that anybody really encounters in real life.

I'm also so used to a laptop keyboard that I can't type on the big clunky-keyed ones to save my life at this point. My speed would probably drop into the forties if I were forced to use one of those.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 10:07:57 PM
At 4/7/2014 10:00:03 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I don't think I've ever recorded my rate just typing my thoughts; I think it'd be interesting but difficult to verify.

But yeah, the entire time I was doing it my hands kept drifting over a letter and I'd have to stop and readjust quickly. Then my grammar/spelling Nazi tendencies would kick in, and I'd backspace through four letters to fix an error. I'm glad that this sort of typing situation isn't something that anybody really encounters in real life.

I'm also so used to a laptop keyboard that I can't type on the big clunky-keyed ones to save my life at this point. My speed would probably drop into the forties if I were forced to use one of those.

haha, mine does too. I have a MacBook pro, and I'm about 95 wpm on it, but I'm about 65 wpm on a traditional keyboard.
Tsar of DDO
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 10:16:44 PM
At 4/7/2014 10:07:57 PM, YYW wrote:

haha, mine does too. I have a MacBook pro, and I'm about 95 wpm on it, but I'm about 65 wpm on a traditional keyboard.

Macs have always mystified me, and I have a bizarre fetish for huge laptops, (No number pad? No deal!) so I've never really worked with them. Do you think the price is justified?
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 10:24:58 PM
At 4/7/2014 10:16:44 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Macs have always mystified me,

OMG me too. I'm on my second Pro... and I love them.

and I have a bizarre fetish for huge laptops,

haha, how kinky.

(No number pad? No deal!) so I've never really worked with them. Do you think the price is justified?

I do, because the cost of a mac and all the software you could possibly need is going to be about equal to a PC and all the software you need for that too -or, at least that was the case for me. Macs also run better than PC's, because their operating systems are less uberfucked than Windows seem to consistently be, despite its ubiquitous updates and wars against previous versions of itself.
Tsar of DDO
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 10:47:32 PM
At 4/7/2014 10:24:58 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/7/2014 10:16:44 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Macs have always mystified me,

OMG me too. I'm on my second Pro... and I love them.

and I have a bizarre fetish for huge laptops,

haha, how kinky.

(No number pad? No deal!) so I've never really worked with them. Do you think the price is justified?

I do, because the cost of a mac and all the software you could possibly need is going to be about equal to a PC and all the software you need for that too -or, at least that was the case for me. Macs also run better than PC's, because their operating systems are less uberfucked than Windows seem to consistently be, despite its ubiquitous updates and wars against previous versions of itself.

Yeah, I'm trying to learn Ubuntu for that reason, and it DOES run much better. The boot-up is a shock at first. I hope to one day be in a financial position to try out apple products, because I want to cut Windows completely out of the picture before I'm forced to switch to Windows 8.
- Hilaire Belloc -
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 2:31:33 PM
At 4/7/2014 4:41:19 AM, etherealvoyager wrote:
http://10fastfingers.com...

Give it a try, post would you get :)

I got a 95 but caps lock got stuck on during the middle of it... then I took it again, and still got a 95..
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 2:32:57 PM
Actually this word test was extreeeeemely easy.. I mean there wasn't all the annoying symbols that you never type. I'm gonna keep doing it over and over again to see how high I can get.... :P

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 2:36:13 PM
At 4/8/2014 2:31:33 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I got a 95 but caps lock got stuck on during the middle of it... then I took it again, and still got a 95..

55, I'm so slow!
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 2:45:19 PM
109 now.... :D This is so addicting....

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 2:47:28 PM
At 4/8/2014 2:36:13 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/8/2014 2:31:33 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

55, I'm so slow!

Haha, well i remember when I was into cubing alot and on the cubing forum those guy would type like 150 wpm..... crazy stuff.

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 6:22:38 PM
I'm not going to even try because what i have seen from a few others is my same case. i'll probably type slow on that thing but i usually type relatively fast under normal circumstances
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 9:05:21 PM
I scored 88 WPM. I've been creeping up over the past year. When I first took this test, I scored in the high 60s/low 70s. This test shouldn't be a list of random words, as that is not what people normally type.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Aravengeance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 9:20:03 PM
My highest is 68. I just can't type quickly if I'm given a bunch of random words. Also I have a REALLY BAD habit of backspacing a word if I accidentally misspelled it and then correcting it instead of going on. Sometimes, I just sit there pondering whether to backspace or not while the clock goes down. I have like no control over it, it just happens. Also when I do that, it just ruins my flow.