Jump to topic:

Should I just give up on her?

bettabreeder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 1:21:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay to start of A couple of my friends and I were going Lazer Tagging on Friday night and I wanted to ask the girl I like if she wanted to come also. I ask her as she new its was NOT A DATE but rejected the request. It was a Friday night so I don't know if she was just busy or wasn't just interested. Whatever it was I just hope it was the first one because I really care about her and I wanted to take our friendship to the next level but I don't think that will happen soon. Do you think I am safe in the far future to get back with with trying to take the us to the next level or should I just fined another lade... Because everything happens for a reason.
Slavery exists. It is black in the South, and white in the North. - Andrew Johnson
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 7:40:39 PM
At 4/8/2014 1:21:52 PM, bettabreeder wrote:
Okay to start of A couple of my friends and I were going Lazer Tagging on Friday night and I wanted to ask the girl I like if she wanted to come also. I ask her as she new its was NOT A DATE but rejected the request. It was a Friday night so I don't know if she was just busy or wasn't just interested. Whatever it was I just hope it was the first one because I really care about her and I wanted to take our friendship to the next level but I don't think that will happen soon. Do you think I am safe in the far future to get back with with trying to take the us to the next level or should I just fined another lade... Because everything happens for a reason.

I don't see why you can't do both. The far future isn't tomorrow or anything. If you see an awesome girl, give things a chance between you. Who knows, she could be an even better girlfriend for you than your friend is. If enough time has passed that you'd consider asking her out again and you and your friend are both single (whether things didn't work out between you and another girl or you didn't find another girl), give things another try with asking her out. If she says no again though, I'd leave it at that.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 11:27:40 AM
Well if you believe everything happens for a reason then it was never meant to be, well if you were wrong you were either doing something wrong or she just found you off-putting to look at. Your call.
Turn around, go back.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 12:09:20 PM
At 4/8/2014 1:21:52 PM, bettabreeder wrote:
I ask her as she new its was NOT A DATE but rejected the request.

Whatever it was I just hope it was the first one because I really care about her and I wanted to take our friendship to the next level but I don't think that will happen soon.

If you want to be more than friends, you probably shouldn't have asked her if she knew it was not a date. If she thought it WAS a date she was likely humiliated, and if so, she is likely going to be reluctant to be anything more than friends because she's going to be on the defensive, and she's going to be a lot more cautious with you. You screwed up.

But don't give up until you drink from that silver cup and ride that highway in the sky.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle