Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

What should you do if someone rejects you?

howardzinn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 3:47:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Try not to associate with them ever again? They are not worth your time and energy when they can't let go of a grudge especially when you have done absolutely nothing wrong and you can't figure out why they hate you. You are better than they are, stronger than they are, so do not let them get to you to pull you down at their level. Standing your ground and walking away from them with your head held high is the best thing you can do. They are not worth anything. It is their loss, not yours? I don't know do these types of clich"s work? any thoughts?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 5:20:24 PM
I don't think you ought to automatically brand a person as immoral or unworthy just because they rejected you and just to console yourself. Lots of decent upstanding people reject others from time to time. We can say yes to everybody after all.

I think the best thing to do when somebody rejects you is just to go off by yourself and indulge in a little self-pity. Take a walk, cry, etc. Eventually, the sting will subside, and you can get on with your life.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 5:46:16 PM
At 4/12/2014 3:47:33 PM, howardzinn wrote:
Try not to associate with them ever again? They are not worth your time and energy when they can't let go of a grudge especially when you have done absolutely nothing wrong and you can't figure out why they hate you. You are better than they are, stronger than they are, so do not let them get to you to pull you down at their level. Standing your ground and walking away from them with your head held high is the best thing you can do. They are not worth anything. It is their loss, not yours? I don't know do these types of clich"s work? any thoughts?

the selfish anger you are trying to convince people have is not beneficial in any way whatsoever
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 6:58:27 PM

You move on. You can still be friends with them but keep your distance so your emotions aren't influenced by decisions they make.

I don't believe in that, "There's someone out there in the world for everybody." But if you wanna believe that. Be my guest.

You don't have to hate them. I personally think if I meet someone sweet and to my standards and I think that person would make a good spouse, I would go for that. I wouldn't wait for the "fireworks" etc. However there are people that want that lovey-dovey stuff and break innocent sweet people's hearts because of that.

In this case, wouldn't you rather they be happy? Even if not with you?

One day, you'll find someone and forget about your feelings for this person (hopefully.)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 6:58:48 PM

WAIT?! ARENT YOU MARRIED?!
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 10:48:48 PM
burn their house down
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2014 7:23:36 PM
At 4/12/2014 10:48:48 PM, thett3 wrote:
burn their house down

Clearly, that is the best solution to any problem.
Tsar of DDO
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 7:42:56 AM

No means; yes but with force.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 8:28:36 AM
At 4/12/2014 6:58:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I don't believe in that, "There's someone out there in the world for everybody."

One day, you'll find someone and forget about your feelings for this person (hopefully.)

These two statements don't seem to fit together.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 8:42:51 AM
At 4/12/2014 10:48:48 PM, thett3 wrote:
burn their house down
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 11:54:55 AM
At 4/15/2014 8:28:36 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 4/12/2014 6:58:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I don't believe in that, "There's someone out there in the world for everybody."

These two statements don't seem to fit together.

Sorry I meant that I don't believe in that, "There's someone out there in the world for everybody," but maybe one day he'll find someone... though he's married so I am confused.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 3:51:12 PM
"What should you do if someone rejects you?" Get used to it. It wont be the last time it happens. It's part of life, accept it or kill yourself. But under no circumstances go out and kill other innocent people like the douche bag losers you see on TV committing mass murder. It's your problem and no one else's, It's not even the problem of the person(s) who rejected you. Just leave the area and move on and don't cry about it. No one really cares because they all acknowledge what I have just said because the have been there, did that, done that.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 5:03:15 AM
At 4/28/2014 1:43:16 AM, BasicLogic wrote:
What I do is cry in a river, eat ice, and plant a vibrator In their pocket.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 5:13:17 AM
Don't be a quitter. Stalk them, follow them where ever they go. To express your true love cut off an ear and send it in a box with a pretty ribbon.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12