Jump to topic:

Did I overdose?

queenofmayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:09:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm home alone and I need advice quick..

I am 5'1 and 115 lbs and I took 11 hydrodone. I am having trouble breathing and i wanna go to sleep. i know i overdosed i just..will i be ok? or should i get help...i dont know what to do i havent taken this much before.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:12:10 PM
At 4/18/2014 5:09:02 PM, queenofmayhem wrote:

I am 5'1 and 115 lbs and I took 11 hydrodone. I am having trouble breathing and i wanna go to sleep. i know i overdosed i just..will i be ok? or should i get help...i dont know what to do i havent taken this much before.

You need to contact a poison control center or emergency services immediately.
Tsar of DDO
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:16:15 PM

Call the poison center!!!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
queenofmayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:19:44 PM
At 4/18/2014 5:16:15 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

ok
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:20:18 PM
At 4/18/2014 5:19:44 PM, queenofmayhem wrote:
At 4/18/2014 5:16:15 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

ok

We will talk about this later. Hope everything turns out fine!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:23:58 PM

Call the hospital, NOW!
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:24:58 PM

DO NOT GO TO SLEEP!
Tsar of DDO
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:28:55 PM
I'm not familiar with this drug. Is it dangerous in excessive amount (more dangerous than most drugs when overdosing I mean)?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:36:30 PM
At 4/18/2014 5:28:55 PM, Intrepid wrote:
I'm not familiar with this drug. Is it dangerous in excessive amount (more dangerous than most drugs when overdosing I mean)?

Hydrocodone, more commonly referred to as Oxycontin, is easily abused, highly addictive and extremely dangerous at the dosage level the OP claims to have taken.
Tsar of DDO
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:40:41 PM
Yes you did overdose. The sypmtems of overdose include irregular pupils, slow, shallow breathing; excessive sleepiness. it has been found that progressive bilateral hearing loss and death can happen with overdose of Hydrocodone. Call the poison control center right away and they should be able to help.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 5:44:23 PM
You'll most likely have to get your stomach pumped but if you get treatment right away you'll be fine. I've had drug overdoses before and I'm your same height but I was fine after awhile. :) Good luck!
I'm so fancy, you already know.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 10:13:33 PM
At 4/18/2014 5:12:10 PM, YYW wrote:

Welp, you saved someone's life today (I hope). How does it feel?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 10:18:04 PM
At 4/18/2014 10:13:33 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I am really worried about that girl, and I've been thinking about her all night. I hope she did what I and everyone else in this thread said to do. When she posts again I'll feel better.
Tsar of DDO
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 11:12:50 PM
At 4/18/2014 10:18:04 PM, YYW wrote:

I am really worried about that girl, and I've been thinking about her all night. I hope she did what I and everyone else in this thread said to do. When she posts again I'll feel better.

Same here, just saw the thread but now I'm very worried for her, you guys were right on it, well done! She was already crashing and in grave danger when she posted, she needed to make the call and get help there quickly . I see she said "OK" to your advice, let's hope she's still in the hospital being treated and will log in to tell us she's OK later on.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 11:15:42 PM
At 4/18/2014 11:12:50 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 4/18/2014 10:18:04 PM, YYW wrote:

Same here, just saw the thread but now I'm very worried for her, you guys were right on it, well done! She was already crashing and in grave danger when she posted, she needed to make the call and get help there quickly . I see she said "OK" to your advice, let's hope she's still in the hospital being treated and will log in to tell us she's OK later on.

She was crashing, based on what she said which is why I said in all caps, "DO NOT GO TO SLEEP!"

I've seen posts like that on Reddit before and it freaks me out every time I do. I just hope she's alright -and that above all her access to oxycontin is taken away.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 12:06:26 AM
At 4/19/2014 12:03:25 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Crap she could be dead :(

Let's hope not.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 2:27:27 PM
Oh my gosh I hope she's alright :\ :(
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 2:29:14 PM
At 4/18/2014 11:59:38 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Drugs just aren't worth it... Jeez.

She probably was addicted. It's best not to start though. :\

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 2:29:40 PM
At 4/19/2014 2:29:14 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

at 15? To hard opiates? What the hell is this world coming to?!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 2:36:36 PM

The probability of a 15 year old girl being addicted to opiates is exceedingly low. The probability of her abusing her parent's prescriptions, however, is another matter entirely.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 2:37:12 PM
At 4/19/2014 2:36:36 PM, YYW wrote:

The probability of a 15 year old girl being addicted to opiates is exceedingly low. The probability of her abusing her parent's prescriptions, however, is another matter entirely.

Ok well I have no idea, I was just guessing because of other stuff I'd seen her say about drugs?

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 3:24:20 PM
At 4/18/2014 5:36:30 PM, YYW wrote:

Hydrocodone, more commonly referred to as Oxycontin, is easily abused, highly addictive and extremely dangerous at the dosage level the OP claims to have taken.

I wish I'd seen this post yesterday...I hope the OP is all right.

But to nerd out for a moment:

Hydrocodone is not the same as Oxycontin. Oxycontin is Oxycodone--a different drug.

I'm not familiar with the brand name "Hydrodone"--I'm going to assume it's either a typo or just a drug I don't know offhand, but either way it sounds like it's likely a hydrocodone/APAP formulation, which means it is essentially similar to Vicodin.

Without knowing the relevant dosage of the formulation, it's hard to tell how worried to be. Dosages are important!

Poison Control, incidentally, is awesome, and a better first call than 911, if only because they can actually give concrete advice more readily than EMS usually can (we HAVE to recommend transport), though I don't know all of their rules, since I'm not one of 'em, particularly in regards to minors. But I've used them as a resource a bunch.

Usually, the dosage is something like 10-325, which means 10 mg hydrocodone and 325 of APAP, which is Acetaminophen (N-acetyl-p-aminophenol)...or, to be simple, it's Tylenol.

While opiate overdoses are problematic from a respiratory standpoint (both due to respiratory depression, and due to risk of aspiration of the sedated victim), and no, it's not a good a idea to go to sleep after taking a bunch of opiates, the APAP is what I'd be more worried about--acetaminophen causes liver damage at relatively low doses above the recommended dose--which is another reason knowing the dose would be important.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 3:35:27 PM
At 4/19/2014 3:24:20 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/18/2014 5:36:30 PM, YYW wrote:

I wish I'd seen this post yesterday...I hope the OP is all right.

But to nerd out for a moment:

Hydrocodone is not the same as Oxycontin. Oxycontin is Oxycodone--a different drug.

Yep, you are absolutely right.

I'm not familiar with the brand name "Hydrodone"--I'm going to assume it's either a typo or just a drug I don't know offhand, but either way it sounds like it's likely a hydrocodone/APAP formulation, which means it is essentially similar to Vicodin.

It's a typeo, I think...

Without knowing the relevant dosage of the formulation, it's hard to tell how worried to be. Dosages are important!

Poison Control, incidentally, is awesome, and a better first call than 911, if only because they can actually give concrete advice more readily than EMS usually can (we HAVE to recommend transport), though I don't know all of their rules, since I'm not one of 'em, particularly in regards to minors. But I've used them as a resource a bunch.

Usually, the dosage is something like 10-325, which means 10 mg hydrocodone and 325 of APAP, which is Acetaminophen (N-acetyl-p-aminophenol)...or, to be simple, it's Tylenol.

While opiate overdoses are problematic from a respiratory standpoint (both due to respiratory depression, and due to risk of aspiration of the sedated victim), and no, it's not a good a idea to go to sleep after taking a bunch of opiates, the APAP is what I'd be more worried about--acetaminophen causes liver damage at relatively low doses above the recommended dose--which is another reason knowing the dose would be important.

Exactly.
Tsar of DDO
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 4:10:53 PM
Out of interest, why is it that I have never heard of anyone taking hydrocodone or oxycodone in the UK, for any purpose? Nothing to do with the power of the pharmaceutical industry, is it? Everyone here is prescribed codeine, to my knowledge, which is OTC anyway.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 4:20:28 PM
Way to stay alert guys and get her to call the poison control center!

I'm hope this girl is doing fine now. Now it's time to drop this pointless addiction.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 6:20:22 PM
At 4/19/2014 4:10:53 PM, Wocambs wrote:
Out of interest, why is it that I have never heard of anyone taking hydrocodone or oxycodone in the UK, for any purpose? Nothing to do with the power of the pharmaceutical industry, is it? Everyone here is prescribed codeine, to my knowledge, which is OTC anyway.

Codeine is not OTC in the states as a general rule. If they're going to prescribe something anyway, it doesn't seem to matter much
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 6:28:52 PM
At 4/19/2014 6:20:22 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/19/2014 4:10:53 PM, Wocambs wrote:

Codeine is not OTC in the states as a general rule. If they're going to prescribe something anyway, it doesn't seem to matter much

So you're saying it's just an inconsequential use of one substance over another? And that's not a pointed question, I'm just curious as to why you guys have such a colourful array of opiates while we basically just have codeine.