Jump to topic:

Craziest person you've worked with

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 1:31:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sometimes you meet really really interesting people at work. What's the craziest person you've had to work and deal with?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 1:32:32 PM
Lol. I will post mine about rednecks and crack addicts later, ahahaha

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 1:39:10 PM
At 4/30/2014 1:31:58 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Sometimes you meet really really interesting people at work. What's the craziest person you've had to work and deal with?

Let's see... About 8 years ago when I started working in a grocery store, there was this old Vietnam veteran I worked with. Lol he was unique among old people, that's for sure. He never treated me or anyone else like kids unlike other old people. He contributed greatly to cussing in the workplace. =P
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 5:08:31 AM

Myself.
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 3:43:46 PM
Brian:

Brian was a crack addict. He looked like a sterotypical construction worker. Turns out he was actually a roofer. Cut off sleeves, sunglasses, bandanna, and dirty blond hair. Anyways, I guess he had just gotten out of prison the week before, and was really happy to be working again. I was told to get in the truck with him, and follow the other guys (we were going to go cut down some trees). I noticed that he drove with both feet. That was weird.

What was funny was how much he used the f-word. I've heard lots of swearing, but it's never been anywhere near this guy. He literally just said "F*ck" when he didn't know what to say. "Yknow, you could just f*cking get a pair of clippers... f*ck... go around on a saturday and just f*cking ask people if they want their f*cking bushes trimmed. Sh*t, most people would say yes if you did it for like five f*cking dollars or something... F*ck, there's lots of sh*t you could do to make money". I'm not exaggerating.

It turns out that he also had two girlfriends? Why? Because, according to him, he was too much man for one woman to handle.

Anyways, what was really funny was that he literally RAN everywhere. He RAN across the yard, raked, and then RAN back across it. I dunno. He must have been pretty high or something. He would yell "HEY THATS MY TOOL" and grab it from you just so he could do it himself. One of our climbers didn't show up on time because he was hung over, and Brian tried to convince the boss that he could climb to the top of a 50 foot high tree with a chainsaw on his back and cut branches off... all without any ropes or harnesses.

Yeah... he was an interesting guy...

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 3:46:43 PM
At 5/1/2014 11:34:16 AM, YYW wrote:
Probably the people I've shared group work as an undergrad.

Got any stories to share?

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 7:28:59 PM
There was this one very interesting character I worked with for about a month doing yard work. Allot of what I know about him is based on what I was told since I was only there temporarily. The guy was probably in his 40s or 50s. From the way he lived you would guess he was dirt poor, yet he actually had a fairly large sum of money that he had accumulated over the years. He saved everything he made and tried to scrounge our boss for money by wasting time and moving slowly. Instead of buying food, he'd often eat out of trash cans (though I don't remember ever seeing him eat anything at all). He lived in a tent in the woods even though he could easily buy a flat or some kind of accommodation, and he had very few possessions. He couldn't drive and went everywhere on his bike.

The most striking thing about him, though, was the loud weird noises he would make at random times. The best I can describe them is a kind of loud honking sound, and he made them frequently. Often he'd do it at cars when they drove past or he'd stick his head out the window and honk at passers by or to the wind, but usually it was pretty random and I have no idea why he did it--he didn't have mental problems. It was startling at first, but you go used to it. The other guy I worked with wasn't too fond of him and sometimes mockingly did it back to him, but he seemed oblivious to the strangeness of it, or else he didn't care. He was extremely good-natured and didn't take offence at any of the insults the other guy would throw his way.

He also wore really short shorts with no underwear in the summer. That lead to some sites that could never be unseen apparently. Thank God it was Fall that I worked with him, not summer.

Overall, he came across as fairly daft and slow, yet his favorite station when we were driving to and from sites was classical radio, and he enjoyed the complex jazz/classical inspired genre of progressive rock (we actually had more similar tastes in music than anyone I've met). Not that musical tastes are necessarily an indicator of intelligence, but there is often a correlation, and I was pretty surprised on his tastes.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 7:38:53 PM
At 5/1/2014 7:28:59 PM, phantom wrote:
There was this one very interesting character I worked with for about a month doing yard work. Allot of what I know about him is based on what I was told since I was only there temporarily. The guy was probably in his 40s or 50s. From the way he lived you would guess he was dirt poor, yet he actually had a fairly large sum of money that he had accumulated over the years. He saved everything he made and tried to scrounge our boss for money by wasting time and moving slowly. Instead of buying food, he'd often eat out of trash cans (though I don't remember ever seeing him eat anything at all). He lived in a tent in the woods even though he could easily buy a flat or some kind of accommodation, and he had very few possessions. He couldn't drive and went everywhere on his bike.

The most striking thing about him, though, was the loud weird noises he would make at random times. The best I can describe them is a kind of loud honking sound, and he made them frequently. Often he'd do it at cars when they drove past or he'd stick his head out the window and honk at passers by or to the wind, but usually it was pretty random and I have no idea why he did it--he didn't have mental problems. It was startling at first, but you go used to it. The other guy I worked with wasn't too fond of him and sometimes mockingly did it back to him, but he seemed oblivious to the strangeness of it, or else he didn't care. He was extremely good-natured and didn't take offence at any of the insults the other guy would throw his way.

He also wore really short shorts with no underwear in the summer. That lead to some sites that could never be unseen apparently. Thank God it was Fall that I worked with him, not summer.

Overall, he came across as fairly daft and slow, yet his favorite station when we were driving to and from sites was classical radio, and he enjoyed the complex jazz/classical inspired genre of progressive rock (we actually had more similar tastes in music than anyone I've met). Not that musical tastes are necessarily an indicator of intelligence, but there is often a correlation, and I was pretty surprised on his tastes.

OH my gosh... I can't stop laughing... XD

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 8:01:09 PM

Annie:
[YES ME]

Walked around school dressed as a gigantic ant for fun.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 8:02:40 PM
I was working as a software developer many years ago for a high end marketing company. I worked in a business park next to the airport in Scottsdale, Az. Basically a very wealthy place where every other car was a Ferrari. Anyway, Every morning I would come into work early and this old man who drove a beat up pick up truck always beat me in. I guess you could say he was a jack of all trades. In the morning he would pick weeds and do the grounds keeper work. In the middle of the day he would do odd maintenance jobs like unclogging a toilet or change a light bulb and when I worked into the night I would see him emptying all the trash cans and cleaning the bathrooms. After some time we started talking and he would tell me how much he loved his job. Their was nothing weird or crazy about the guy - he just had a work ethic like I have never seen. I remember asking the guy one time how long he worked here and he said he had been here since this building was constructed and that he actually was a laborer who helped build it.

Sometime after that I was in a meeting with my boss, the owner of the company and made a comment about how much that old man worked. My boss grinned at me and said, you know who he is? Perplexed -- I admitted I did not and he pointed out the window over looking the runways and business jet hangers and said "That guy owns everything you can see. He went on to explain that he just lead a very unassuming and humble life and enjoyed working with his hands but did not like having a boss. That one of his only motivations in life was to get through it unnoticed. You would never imagine the guy was a multi millionaire.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:41:08 PM
At 5/1/2014 3:46:43 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 5/1/2014 11:34:16 AM, YYW wrote:
Probably the people I've shared group work as an undergrad.

Got any stories to share?

Ehh... sure why not. I'd actually rather talk about one of the freshmen I used to teach. Poor girl, really. Indian, with very conservative parents. She went to a really elite private school in Massachusetts -on scholarship, of course, and everyone knew it. That made her an outsider. She eventually got into a top tier school, left her parents and never looked back -but she never could really get to a point where she was able to move past her own past. Though we never really talked about it, during office hours she mentioned that she wasn't going home for a significant holiday -but was instead staying on campus. I wanted to ask why, but I really didn't have to. She mentioned it in the context of finishing a semester long assignment, but she was already further ahead than she should have been and there was no reason not to go home. I assumed there were other reasons -like not wanting to see her parents. She had trouble getting along with the other students in the class, but at the same time didn't realize that the reason she had trouble was not because of the other students but because of the way she interacted with them. It was sad to see. The reason I say she was crazy is because of her politics; on some days she was a rabid -an adjective I choose purposefully- feminist, but on other days she'd don neo-Marxist critiques not because she was a marxist, but because she resented capitalism and it's WASPy nature, presumably because of her experience in private school. It was sad. She wasn't brilliant, but she was far above average. I've never seen another person have a harder time relating to people, but I've also not had many other students make such a profound impression on me.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 10:35:00 AM
I'm not sure if there's a real reason but this old, Japanese sushi chef I used to work with comes to mind.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:43:34 PM
I haven't worked with anyone I'd consider crazy, but there have been a couple people who've done some really weird things.

One time I worked at a small convenience store. There was this guy that worked there named Tyrone. One day when I wasn't there, the lady who runs the store had a family member get sick, so they had to leave. Tyrone wasn't qualified to run the store by himself, so they just had to close the store down entirely. While the manager went and counted the register money, she told Tyrone to write a sign to put on the door when they left, explaining that the store was closing early due to a medical emergency, and that they apologize for the inconvenience. So he wrote the sign and put it on one of the doors.

I guess our manager was in such a hurry to leave that she didn't actually read the sign when she locked the door to leave, because when I got there the next morning, I saw a piece of paper taped to the door that read "we closed, sorry peeps".

Lol. Outside of that gaffe, he was really cool. But...just wow. The customers' reactions to seeing that must have been priceless.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 2:29:06 PM
This guy in my class; he talks about nothing else but lynching "political opponents" and "communists" He calls everyone who slightly disagrees with him a "Red" or a "scum". He occassionally defends his opinions, but most of the time, he would just say "That's nice" when insulted and not in the mood to defend himself. He is very unintelligent. He accuses everyone who disagrees with him that they have a "bone in brain"

That person is also on DDo by the name of Kc1999.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 11:30:42 PM
At 5/4/2014 2:29:06 PM, Kc1999 wrote:
This guy in my class; he talks about nothing else but lynching "political opponents" and "communists" He calls everyone who slightly disagrees with him a "Red" or a "scum". He occassionally defends his opinions, but most of the time, he would just say "That's nice" when insulted and not in the mood to defend himself. He is very unintelligent. He accuses everyone who disagrees with him that they have a "bone in brain"

That person is also on DDo by the name of Kc1999.

lol krit.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 3:05:31 AM
I don't have much working experience, but by the lunacy I'm reading, does that mean its (probabilistic wise) strange that I don't know of any crazed work mates? I must be suffering from normality here.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 9:33:13 AM
Bill:

Bill was a guy I did some work for. He was an older-ish man. His life had been a mess, and it was really coming back to bite him, especially his health. He only had one working lung; he had a wooden leg; one of his hands was messed up; only one of his eyes worked. Oh and did he ever love to talk politics. Not to mention he believed in aliens, and told me he had found deer in the backwoods of Wisconsin with certain organs seemingly surgically removed, and no crows would dare to touch it. In other words, he was a redneck.

One time he told me: I am very proud of myself. I sneezed and farted at the exact same time. Now if I could only do it when I was peeing...

What made things even worse was that he was a hoarder. He had garages full of stuff.

Despite all this, he was a very nice guy. He was always extremely generous, and very king-hearted.

I'll never forget the time he sent me and his son to haul a huge willow stump to the dump. It was just a huge massive round wooden stump, that was taller than the tab of his pickup truck. It sat precariously half on and half off the truck. We didn't even bother to tie it down, because it was just too big.

Then when we got to an intersection, it started rocking back and forth. Of course, dumb*ss cars still tailgated us. Then when we got to the dump we had to work for an hour with 7 foot long steel pry bars to just try and budge this thing a few inches off the edge of the pickup.

I'll never forget the time we were doing a tree job. He just kept loading his truck down with more and more wood. Well eventually, the frame of his 1-ton pickup just snapped in half. Lol. Then he had to re-weld it... and it was the second time the frame of the truck had just broke in half.

The last I heard from him, he called and told me that he was going into the hospital because he thought he had a blood clot in his leg. I haven't heard anything from him since. I'm pretty sure he's still alive, because he bounced back so many other times from being in the hospital. I'll probably hear from him again sometime. If you've moved on, Bill, I salute you, and hope you're in a happier place now.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 9:38:29 AM
Another guy...
He was a decent worker. We were doing landscaping... But after a certain time in the day, he would start hearing voices. When someone asked him, "What are the voices saying?" he answered, "They're telling me to grab that shovel and hit you over the head with it."