Jump to topic:

How do you feel about facial hair?

Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 4:35:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Now, I know I said I was a late bloomer, but one aspect came to me in my teen years quickly: facial hair. You see, I got pretty impatient, so I started rubbing Rogaine on my face to grow some. It took almost a year, but by the time I was 16, I could grow a beard. People went from treating me like a kid to treating me like a man all because of some hair on my face. Looking back, I could've waited, but I have no regrets. (Although a beard combined with a voice that hadn't fully changed may have appeared odd.)

So what are your opinions on facial hair? Would you grow a beard if you could?
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:35:29 AM
At 5/1/2014 4:35:50 AM, Pitbull15 wrote:
Now, I know I said I was a late bloomer, but one aspect came to me in my teen years quickly: facial hair. You see, I got pretty impatient, so I started rubbing Rogaine on my face to grow some. It took almost a year, but by the time I was 16, I could grow a beard. People went from treating me like a kid to treating me like a man all because of some hair on my face. Looking back, I could've waited, but I have no regrets. (Although a beard combined with a voice that hadn't fully changed may have appeared odd.)

I don't like it. I can't stand the way it feels and very few guys can actually pull it off. Moreover, even the guys who can would look better with shaven faces.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:19:45 PM

I love facial hair. All I have right now are sideburns, and I barely ever shave, so I'm usually stubbly... my parents won't let me grow a beard though, until I turn 18 in a month. Then I'm going to just not shave and not cut my hair... lol.

What's rogaine? Did it realyl work?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:22:33 PM
At 5/1/2014 2:19:45 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I love facial hair. All I have right now are sideburns, and I barely ever shave, so I'm usually stubbly... my parents won't let me grow a beard though, until I turn 18 in a month. Then I'm going to just not shave and not cut my hair... lol.

lol

Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:27:26 PM
At 5/1/2014 2:22:33 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

lol

WHat's so funny about that?? I think Jesus was a good looking guy...

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:28:58 PM
At 5/1/2014 2:27:26 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

lol

Quote: "my parents won't let me grow a beard though, until I turn 18 in a month. Then I'm going to just not shave and not cut my hair"

Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:29:56 PM

Lol I now have a mountain man beard, but I usually keep it well trimmed. Professionalism and all that other fun stuff. My mom hated my beard when I was still living at my parent's place.

Rogaine is something that men use for balding hair on their head. To basically promote growth. I just decided to try it on my face; it'll stimulate any hair follicle it comes into contact with. Is it cheating? Lol who cares? Putting up with the dry flaking skin on your face is hell, but is worth it.

It worked for me, but it won't work for everyone. I got all my information about Rogaine from this thread when I was a teen:

http://jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com...

Although my parents never found out that I used it. Lol I didn't want everyone to know that I used that stuff.

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:30:53 PM
At 5/1/2014 11:35:29 AM, YYW wrote:

I don't like it. I can't stand the way it feels and very few guys can actually pull it off. Moreover, even the guys who can would look better with shaven faces.

Would your love for bsh1 be unaffected if he grew a Rasputin beard?

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:33:48 PM
At 5/1/2014 2:28:58 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/1/2014 2:27:26 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

lol

Quote: "my parents won't let me grow a beard though, until I turn 18 in a month. Then I'm going to just not shave and not cut my hair"

Oh, well, that's kindof the rule here is that you can't grow a beard until you're 18... :P ONE MORE MONTH. >.< gosh, I hate shaving so much it's horrible.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:38:59 PM
At 5/1/2014 2:30:53 PM, Pitbull15 wrote:
At 5/1/2014 11:35:29 AM, YYW wrote:

Would your love for bsh1 be unaffected if he grew a Rasputin beard?

haha I think she shares my opinion about facial hair, so I don't think that would ever come up.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:39:42 PM
At 5/1/2014 2:29:56 PM, Pitbull15 wrote:

Lol I now have a mountain man beard, but I usually keep it well trimmed. Professionalism and all that other fun stuff. My mom hated my beard when I was still living at my parent's place.

Rogaine is something that men use for balding hair on their head. To basically promote growth. I just decided to try it on my face; it'll stimulate any hair follicle it comes into contact with. Is it cheating? Lol who cares? Putting up with the dry flaking skin on your face is hell, but is worth it.

It worked for me, but it won't work for everyone. I got all my information about Rogaine from this thread when I was a teen:

http://jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com...

Although my parents never found out that I used it. Lol I didn't want everyone to know that I used that stuff.

That's cool. I don't think I'd need that, but there's a few spots like right on the tip/underside of my chin and cheeks that are patchy. But I've never grown it out more than stubble, so we'll see, lol

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 1:49:14 AM
For the record, I would never grow a Rasputin beard...or a beard period. I do like facial hair on some guys, if it's not too thick and overgrown.

It works on him: http://www.debate.org...

It wouldn't work on him: http://www.debate.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...