Jump to topic:

Boxers, briefs or something in between?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 11:19:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
After watching one of DaveyWavey's videos on Youtube, I was inspired to ask DDO the same question.

(Link omitted because it's borderline too risque... meaning that it's probably not "R" but it's probably more than "PG-13")

Ok... most personal question ever -at least as it applies to the clothes we wear. What kind of underwear do you wear? Are you a boxer's guy? Briefs? Boxer briefs? Mankini? (jk... only go-go boys wear those.)

Ladies, the same question applies to you. Considering you've got WAY more options than dudes do, I can't list all the options (mostly because I'm quite sure I don't know them), but I'm still curious.
Tsar of DDO
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 12:58:41 AM
At 5/2/2014 11:19:41 PM, YYW wrote:
After watching one of DaveyWavey's videos on Youtube, I was inspired to ask DDO the same question.

(Link omitted because it's borderline too risque... meaning that it's probably not "R" but it's probably more than "PG-13")

Ok... most personal question ever -at least as it applies to the clothes we wear. What kind of underwear do you wear? Are you a boxer's guy? Briefs? Boxer briefs? Mankini? (jk... only go-go boys wear those.)

Ladies, the same question applies to you. Considering you've got WAY more options than dudes do, I can't list all the options (mostly because I'm quite sure I don't know them), but I'm still curious.

Boxers all the way for me. More comfortable and more breathing room. =P
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 12:59:35 AM
Lol we should start a thread called "How many times have you crapped today?"
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 10:16:41 AM
I've got something in between for you...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 3:01:26 PM
Guess
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 3:24:24 PM
I like whitey-tighties but I wear boxers. Sometimes I have to adjust my boxers too much. Whitey tighties keep everything together you know.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 3:52:19 PM

Honestly, I started sleeping naked around two years ago and that has sort of evolved into me not really wearing underwear at all. I guess it came from just waking up and throwing on shorts or pants without ever considering underwear since I wake up naked. I still have a few pairs of boxers, and preferred those when I did wear underwear. The only time I will ever wear boxer briefs is if I am wearing tight jeans, which is pretty understandable I'd think. I also have a camouflage man thong for special occasions, lol.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 4:26:15 PM
People who wear briefs need the firing squad.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:18:09 PM
At 5/3/2014 4:26:15 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

If you have a large sack it's difficult wearing tight jeans without them. Could cause serious physical harm. I bruised a testicle by doing that, never again will I make that mistake.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:18:43 PM
At 5/3/2014 5:18:09 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

If you have a large sack it's difficult wearing tight jeans without them. Could cause serious physical harm. I bruised a testicle by doing that, never again will I make that mistake.

Oh, and people who wear jeans, too.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:28:46 PM
At 5/3/2014 5:18:43 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Does this include your parents? If so, nice motion! I second it.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:39:39 PM
At 5/3/2014 10:16:41 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I've got something in between for you...

lol no thanks
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:41:05 PM
At 5/3/2014 5:40:10 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/3/2014 3:01:26 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Guess

You seem like a boxers kind of guy.

First you guess asian school girl, then you guess boxers... You've really got me pegged.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:41:51 PM
At 5/3/2014 3:52:19 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Honestly, I started sleeping naked around two years ago and that has sort of evolved into me not really wearing underwear at all. I guess it came from just waking up and throwing on shorts or pants without ever considering underwear since I wake up naked. I still have a few pairs of boxers, and preferred those when I did wear underwear. The only time I will ever wear boxer briefs is if I am wearing tight jeans, which is pretty understandable I'd think. I also have a camouflage man thong for special occasions, lol.

I brought home a guy who went commando at the club one time... he embarrassed himself, though in a way that's a bit too graphic to share in the open forums.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:42:38 PM
At 5/3/2014 5:41:05 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 5/3/2014 5:40:10 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/3/2014 3:01:26 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Guess

You seem like a boxers kind of guy.

First you guess asian school girl, then you guess boxers...

Ehh, idk. Just makes sense. You're a pretty laid back guy, so, I assume boxers.

You've really got me pegged.

That's something your GF can do...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:44:20 PM

You would execute someone for their choice of underwear. My goodness... not even the Mormons go that far.

I own probably twenty pairs of jeans or so. Most of them are 7 for all mankind. Don't hate on Jeans.
Tsar of DDO
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 6:03:29 PM
At 5/3/2014 5:41:51 PM, YYW wrote:

I brought home a guy who went commando at the club one time... he embarrassed himself, though in a way that's a bit too graphic to share in the open forums.

Lol, hey that's not fair! Now you've got my curiosity peaked and won't give any details?! :((

Going commando is a tricky thing, and definitely dangerous at times. I suppose freedom always does come at a cost :)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 6:07:12 PM
At 5/3/2014 5:44:20 PM, YYW wrote:

You would execute someone for their choice of underwear. My goodness... not even the Mormons go that far.

Although you are required to wear the sacred underwear while in the inner temple lol, learned that while "investigating" the church (as they liked to call it) last summer.
joepbr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 6:57:44 PM

Is it my impression or is this question common among Americans? I've seen this discussion several times on the Internet, but as a Brazilian, I've never discussed underwear with other people or even heard people discussing it.

I wear briefs because it's what i have always worn and i never really thought about it. It maybe also because briefs are more common around here, but I'm not sure, since no one really talks about it. I guess they are more common in stores and such, but I also never pay much attention to those either.

Yeah, I probably do...
My alternative to the Political Compass: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:19:29 PM
At 5/3/2014 6:03:29 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Lol, hey that's not fair! Now you've got my curiosity peaked and won't give any details?! :((

I'll PM you lol

Going commando is a tricky thing, and definitely dangerous at times. I suppose freedom always does come at a cost :)

lol, well put.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:27:13 PM
Is this even a question?
http://24.media.tumblr.com...
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:36:36 PM
Only guys I want to be with are going to find out the answer to that question. In other words, YYW already knows, so why bother re-mentioning it.

In terms of what I like on other guys, I am perfectly happy to talk about that...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:38:42 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:19:29 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/3/2014 6:03:29 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I'll PM you lol

I want to hear this too, as soon as you're back online. Sounds like an interesting story.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:47:35 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:36:36 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Only guys I want to be with are going to find out the answer to that question. In other words, YYW already knows, so why bother re-mentioning it.

We get it cough*mankini*cough

In terms of what I like on other guys, I am perfectly happy to talk about that...
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:48:42 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:47:35 PM, Noumena wrote:

Lol...1000x no. They're just...revolting.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:51:56 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:48:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:

see this is what someone wearing a mankini would say trust me i'm a doctor
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:54:23 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:51:56 PM, Noumena wrote:

Lol...fine. Do you really want to know what I wear?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:57:32 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:54:23 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Well I already know but if you can prove me wrong I will gladly concede.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 12:03:10 AM
At 5/3/2014 11:57:32 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 5/3/2014 11:54:23 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Well I already know but if you can prove me wrong I will gladly concede.

Fine. I wear briefs or boxer briefs, depending on my mood. Sort of in this style: http://www.debate.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics