Jump to topic:

Stop arguing about Homosexuality

Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 12:08:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm sick of people arguing about Homosexuality is this. Homosexuality is that. Just stop. Quit discriminating against people who have made a rightful choice about who they're attracted to.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 12:50:53 PM
At 5/3/2014 12:08:48 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
I'm sick of people arguing about Homosexuality is this. Homosexuality is that. Just stop. Quit discriminating against people who have made a rightful choice about who they're attracted to.

Lol. I like how you say Stop arguing about it and you're actually arguing about it.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 1:05:59 PM
At 5/3/2014 12:50:53 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Lol. I like how you say Stop arguing about it and you're actually arguing about it.

I can say the same thing to you, and we'll just argue back and forth. Stop trying to create this loop and arguing for the sake of arguing. It's absurd.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 1:07:04 PM
At 5/3/2014 1:05:59 PM, Dishoungh wrote:

I can say the same thing to you, and we'll just argue back and forth. Stop trying to create this loop and arguing for the sake of arguing. It's absurd.

Exactly. But i'm not the one saying: stahp arguoing about homosexuality.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 1:09:24 PM
At 5/3/2014 1:07:04 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

There's a difference between arguing to just argue, and arguing to quit the arguing. It's like a security officer trying to break up a fight. He's technically fighting a student, but he's fighting to stop the fighting.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 1:13:43 PM
At 5/3/2014 1:09:24 PM, Dishoungh wrote:

There's a difference between arguing to just argue, and arguing to quit the arguing. It's like a security officer trying to break up a fight. He's technically fighting a student, but he's fighting to stop the fighting.

Oh ok. So it's not that you don't want people to argue about anything that has to do with homosexuality, just certain things about homosexuality. That wasn't really clear in the original post, but alright then :P

Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 1:19:14 PM
At 5/3/2014 1:13:43 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Oh ok. So it's not that you don't want people to argue about anything that has to do with homosexuality, just certain things about homosexuality. That wasn't really clear in the original post, but alright then :P

I just don't want people to keep arguing on Homosexuality because, at the end of the day, Homosexuality is an opinion. Pretend that you're some guy who likes a girl. She's blond, skinny, and she's that Taylor Swift kind of person. Pretend you like that kind of girl. How would you like it if some guy came in and said, you're wrong for being attracted to that kind of person? How would you like it if someone tried to dictate on what you "should" be attracted to? I'm not gay, but it seems fallacious to judge someone's attraction to other people. Gay people have made a choice to be that way and that's their opinion. If people want to like people of their own gender, let them be. It's none of my or anyone else's business. It's not going to kill anybody.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 1:47:37 PM
At 5/3/2014 1:19:14 PM, Dishoungh wrote:

I just don't want people to keep arguing on Homosexuality because, at the end of the day, Homosexuality is an opinion. Pretend that you're some guy who likes a girl. She's blond, skinny, and she's that Taylor Swift kind of person. Pretend you like that kind of girl. How would you like it if some guy came in and said, you're wrong for being attracted to that kind of person? How would you like it if someone tried to dictate on what you "should" be attracted to? I'm not gay, but it seems fallacious to judge someone's attraction to other people. Gay people have made a choice to be that way and that's their opinion. If people want to like people of their own gender, let them be. It's none of my or anyone else's business. It's not going to kill anybody.

Taylor Swift like... dude you are soo gay
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 4:14:53 PM

Lol are you a troll?
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 4:15:11 PM
At 5/3/2014 1:47:37 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

+1
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 6:59:16 PM
At 5/3/2014 1:47:37 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Guy liking a girl = Gay?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net...
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:22:34 PM
Quit discriminating against people who have made a rightful choice about who they're attracted to each other

"Oh so you think homosexuality is a choice?" - Oscar Martinez
Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:26:03 PM
At 5/3/2014 7:22:34 PM, Intrepid wrote:
Quit discriminating against people who have made a rightful choice about who they're attracted to each other

Choice - "an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities."

People who are homosexual decided to be that way. That's their opinion of what to be. If they want to be gay, let them be gay. It's none of our business if they're gay or not.
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:49:21 PM
At 5/3/2014 7:26:03 PM, Dishoungh wrote:

Choice - "an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities."

People who are homosexual decided to be that way. That's their opinion of what to be. If they want to be gay, let them be gay. It's none of our business if they're gay or not.

Are you serious?
Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:52:43 PM

I have read some articles and they prove that homosexuality is not a choice. But, sometimes it's a choice though. Some gay people chose to be gay, some people were naturally born to be gay like this article said. So, I guess we are both right.
http://www.slate.com...
All that said, my point still remains being people still have the right to be gay regardless and nobody can deter them from that state.
Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:54:42 PM
At 5/3/2014 7:49:21 PM, Intrepid wrote:

Are you serious?

https://i.chzbgr.com...
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:33:03 PM
At 5/3/2014 7:52:43 PM, Dishoungh wrote:

I have read some articles and they prove that homosexuality is not a choice. But, sometimes it's a choice though. Some gay people chose to be gay, some people were naturally born to be gay like this article said. So, I guess we are both right.
http://www.slate.com...
All that said, my point still remains being people still have the right to be gay regardless and nobody can deter them from that state.

Someone is not homosexual just because they may have intercourse with the same sex. True homosexuality is not a choice.
Conservative101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 9:47:32 PM

Way to make a topic where people can argue about it even more.
When in doubt, start riots and scream racism
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 10:31:18 PM

You realize that you're arguing about homosexuality, right? Is it your position that we should all stop arguing about homosexuality since your view is the correct one, and we should all just adopt your view?

If so, then tell us about your views on the rest of the popular debate topics on this forum so we can all stop arguing about those, too. Why don't you just tell us how things are, so we can stop arguing?

Seriously, though, this is a debate web site. It exists for the purpose of debating. If you're tired of certain topics, then don't read them. Just read the ones you're interested in. People are gonna debate on DDO, though, and we'll debate anything, including homosexuality.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:18:51 PM

"who have made a rightful choice" Getting mixed signals here. Is homosexuality a choice or isn't it. The whole concept of gay marriage is linked to homosexuality not being a choice.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:32:23 PM
At 5/8/2014 8:18:51 PM, sadolite wrote:

"who have made a rightful choice" Getting mixed signals here. Is homosexuality a choice or isn't it. The whole concept of gay marriage is linked to homosexuality not being a choice.

It honestly shouldn't matter, should it? The fact remains that people are gay and if they're gay then that's that. I don't have the right to change someone's orientation.

The reason people place so much emphasis on it is because if people claim that it's something they can't control, then others will be more accepting of homosexuality than if it were a choice. Regardless of whether it is or it isn't, though, the simple fact remains that they are gay. Even though we shouldn't judge on whether or not it's a choice, people still do.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 4:07:29 PM
At 5/8/2014 8:32:23 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

It honestly shouldn't matter, should it? The fact remains that people are gay and if they're gay then that's that. I don't have the right to change someone's orientation.

The reason people place so much emphasis on it is because if people claim that it's something they can't control, then others will be more accepting of homosexuality than if it were a choice. Regardless of whether it is or it isn't, though, the simple fact remains that they are gay. Even though we shouldn't judge on whether or not it's a choice, people still do.

OH it matters, I have been bludgeoned over the head for even suggesting it is a choice. So basically what you are saying is homosexuality and the arguments for gay marriage are all based on deception? We will tell everyone it isn't a choice and we will crucify, berate and financially destroy anyone who questions otherwise. So basically trivialize and bastardize a 2000 year old tradition based on lies. Great just great. What a wonderful agenda. It will serve society well.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 4:46:56 PM
At 5/9/2014 4:07:29 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/8/2014 8:32:23 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

OH it matters, I have been bludgeoned over the head for even suggesting it is a choice. So basically what you are saying is homosexuality and the arguments for gay marriage are all based on deception?

What?

We will tell everyone it isn't a choice and we will crucify, berate and financially destroy anyone who questions otherwise.

If you want to do that, then go ahead, but I don't recall trying to convey this.

So basically trivialize and bastardize a 2000 year old tradition based on lies. Great just great. What a wonderful agenda. It will serve society well.

I never stated or even implied any of this. At all. Where are you getting this from?

I said that we should accept homosexuals, a direct contrast with whatever you think I said. I'm saying that it shouldn't matter if it's a choice or something you're born with -- the fact remains that the person is a homosexual and you should accept people for who they are, not try and change them. This doesn't mean that arguments for homosexuality are all based on lies, it doesn't mean I should kill anyone who disagrees with me, and I fail to see how it bastardizes anything at all. It means we need to stop arguing on homosexualities origins in man and end discrimination of homosexuals by accepting people for who they are, regardless of race, ethnicity, or orientation.

I already stated why it's superficially important to society whether or not people are born as homosexuals or if it's just a choice.
Shadow-Dragon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 4:53:29 PM

Well, you can't use that example of someone else telling you it's wrong to like a Taylor Swift kind of person. I understand the analogy, but there's a flaw: Society tries to force people to conform meaning getting them to support it. Why is it like that? People get mad at non-supporters, and thus, feel obliged to change their views on the subject. When others stop forcing non-supporters to change their opinions, there will be less arguing.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 6:47:18 PM
At 5/9/2014 4:50:54 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
People are against it because it is wrong, and because society tries to force others to support it.

What do you mean by 'force others to support it"?
Tsar of DDO
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 5:38:21 PM
wasn't there a thread named "stop arguing about if god is real" or something started by this guy? I ask because i'm sensing a pattern
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 5:44:03 PM
At 5/9/2014 6:47:18 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/9/2014 4:50:54 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
People are against it because it is wrong, and because society tries to force others to support it.

What do you mean by 'force others to support it"?

I feel like he's referring to the fact that society creates a kind of peer pressure but on a bigger level. when a good percentage of a society feels strongly about something like gay marriage or the death penalty, others are reluctant to speak up for fear of getting shot down. Thats my interpretation "society tries to force others to support it"
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 5:11:39 AM

Amen
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy