Jump to topic:

Not funny

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:30:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
You know what's not funny? Domestic violence and abuse.

Discuss.

Some bastards think that that is funny to joke about. I wanna hear from you guys.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 4:14:07 PM
At 5/4/2014 8:30:27 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Discuss.

Some bastards think that that is funny to joke about. I wanna hear from you guys.

it doesn't solve anything to call someone a bastard. But actually i think joking about anything is ok. Now i don't mean completely black and white ok. For one the person joking about it needs to be fully aware of the topic of joking and who's around them. If someone knows how serious the topic is and even admits after the joke how wrong it is then i think they're ok. Also if they have the restraint to not tell a joke around someone who might find it offensive, for example people tell holocaust jokes but not while a jewish kid who goes to my school is around. On a side note the kid also has some serious anger issues that needs fixing. People also need to have restraint when saying those kind of jokes. One can't tell a long string of those kind of jokes in one go. One or two should be enough and then it should stop.

But yeah i think its okay as long if it fits that ^ criteria.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 8:10:45 PM
At 5/5/2014 4:14:07 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Discuss.

it doesn't solve anything to call someone a bastard. But actually i think joking about anything is ok. Now i don't mean completely black and white ok. For one the person joking about it needs to be fully aware of the topic of joking and who's around them. If someone knows how serious the topic is and even admits after the joke how wrong it is then i think they're ok. Also if they have the restraint to not tell a joke around someone who might find it offensive, for example people tell holocaust jokes but not while a jewish kid who goes to my school is around. On a side note the kid also has some serious anger issues that needs fixing. People also need to have restraint when saying those kind of jokes. One can't tell a long string of those kind of jokes in one go. One or two should be enough and then it should stop.

So is it okay to joke around about beating your spouse or girlfriend? Like lead someone on oabout you beating them and then saying, oh I was just kidding.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 11:15:12 PM

Discuss.

There isn't any rhyeme or reason to what things we can or can't make fun off for example......What is the difference between boy scouts and jews ?

The boy scouts come back from camp...........

Now I dunno to me it seems the holocaust has got to be content wise far worse to joke about than say one person hitting their bf or gf (see notice I didn't just assume it's the man hitting, very pc of me).

At the end of the day I guess it always funny some what unless it touches too close to home........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:17:36 AM
At 5/5/2014 8:10:45 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/5/2014 4:14:07 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Discuss.

So is it okay to joke around about beating your spouse or girlfriend? Like lead someone on oabout you beating them and then saying, oh I was just kidding

you missed the fact to say that then you acknowledge it "but yeah that stuff is really wrong." you completely skipped over it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 12:34:50 AM
Ive been through both and I joke about both.
So you wanna know all about Sitara, huh? Knowledge is power, and you want knowledge of me? With great power comes great responsibility, so I hope you understand what you're getting yourself into. Don't say I didn't warn you.
http://www.writerscafe.org...
http://www.infowars.com...
http://www.condomdepot.com...
http://www.fundabortionnow.org...
"Anyone who knows anything about the presidency knows that liberalism and conservatism have jack sh*t to do with being president." -Im
Schzincko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 1:48:07 AM
At 5/6/2014 9:52:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
What do you call a girl with one black eye?

A bad sandwich maker.
Too far? Okay, my bad.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 9:07:52 AM
Anything 'can' be funny, but it'd be better to make an equally funny joke without being offensive, since the capacity to hurt people is reduced. That seems like a simple cost / benefit thing, and since the effort needed to make a joke is small, it should be a simple limit someone could put on themselves if they value reducing human suffering.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx