Jump to topic:

Degradera

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 10:16:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Don't you get mad when people talk to you in a degrading tone, like you are inferior or stupid to them?!

As a human being, I am not going to know everything About life etc....

Sighz....

Discuss whether or not someone has claimed you were stupid and if they felt terrible when they were proven wrong.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 10:33:16 PM
Not to victimize myself but as a Christian Conservative I tend to get quite a bit of crap, not from any promineny members on here but certainly when I try to argue religious topics or social topics like gay marriage.

People being arrogant usually stems from ignorance and disordered pride, so don't take what they say to heart. After all, it is them that need the self examination, not the people they are degrading.
Nolite Timere
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 8:02:03 AM
At 5/19/2014 10:16:33 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Discuss whether or not someone has claimed you were stupid and if they felt terrible when they were proven wrong.

I was sitting in a room with some other guys, and one of them asked how a diesel engine worked. After I explained it, the guy who asked the question rolled his eyes and asked the question again, as if I wasn't a credible source. One of the other guys confirmed what I said, but the guy who asked the question didn't feel bad about it. He had no respect for me, and he let it show.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 4:22:47 PM
At 5/20/2014 8:02:03 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 5/19/2014 10:16:33 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I was sitting in a room with some other guys, and one of them asked how a diesel engine worked. After I explained it, the guy who asked the question rolled his eyes and asked the question again, as if I wasn't a credible source. One of the other guys confirmed what I said, but the guy who asked the question didn't feel bad about it. He had no respect for me, and he let it show.

I know how you feel.

I don't go to a predominantly Muslim school, in fact, quite the opposite. A girl, of another religion, approached me and asked me what we say to greet one another. I told her and she said I was wrong but not to worry; that she would find a real Muslim to ask...

I wanted to tell her so many things in response but I turned around and walked away.

The next day I approached her and informed her the greeting she was thinking of was probably a Pakistani greeting, which is VERY different, and she told me she doesn't need to know; that she already asked a Hindu friend of hers, who informed her.

I took a deep breath and walked away again.

Sometimes, I wish I punched her in the face... But then, it would just fuel her (wrong) allegations that all Muslims are terrorists...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Windwalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 2:46:50 PM
I recently got promoted to a high officer's rank on my ship. On my first day in these new duties, a crewmember came to me and flat-out told me that I was not experienced enough for the position, that I was wrong for the job, and that he would not take my orders.
Things got rather ugly.
I find, though, that these people who lash out rarely think that there is something really wrong with their target. They are simply insecure, trying to bolster their own position, ego, or power. I tend to ignore them as much as possible, but as you all know, the really annoying ones will make their voice heard, come h-e-double-toothpicks and high water.
Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Cowardice is not the opposite of courage: conformity is. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
-Ephesians 4:29