Jump to topic:

Zarroette has returned

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 7:09:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Firstly, I would like thank, as much as I can, everyone who sent those messages to me. When I logged back in, I was honestly expecting a few 'where are you?' and 'I hope you're alright'. I had about 100 or so different messages, via PM, my wall etc. I really can't believe the kind of support I've come back to. I mean, even people I've had some fiery exchanges with, have said kind thing. Also, some people have offered a ridiculous amount of support -- it's really unbelievable. I know that this text won't convey the emotion I wish it could, but I'm so thankful for everyone who sent me those messages. Really, I mean it.

So, I should explain what happened to me. I'll try to be terse, because I really don't want to ask people to read too much. Basically, I'm back to living at home. My dad is no longer allowed to live at home with any of his children, and he has child abuse charges being pressed against him. Apparently, this is the second time he has been on trial for this stuff; something similar happened with my youngest brother when he was 6 (I never knew about this either). He is likely going to gaol (jail). I sincerely hope they make an example of him. Not just because he beat me, but the way he's treated me with disdain, for what has been years. Some of the things he has said to me have been bad enough to be considered child abuse (according to the police, who should have some idea).

I'm living with my mum, who has apologised (out of convenience, I think) for how she basically watched on and didn't do a thing. I'm still taking care of her children, to a large extent, but it's so much better than what I had before, so I'm really pleased. The kids have been a lot nicer to me, too. I think it's the fact that we've all suffered at the hands of our father. Apart from my school-work being slightly ruined, everything is better than it was before. I'll be busily trying to catch-up on it, but I'll still make time for DDO.

Anyway, I'll elaborate if you want me to, but just know that everything is fine with me, if not much, much better. There really is light at the end of the tunnel, even if you can't always see it :)
Complicated_Mind
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 7:54:39 PM
Welcome back. :) I'm glad things are starting to turn up for you. Hopefully things will continue to get better and better for you as time goes on.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 7:54:47 PM
At 5/23/2014 7:52:15 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
It's great to see you back. I hope everything is going better for you now.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:04:42 PM
At 5/23/2014 7:09:34 PM, Zarroette wrote:
Firstly, I would like thank, as much as I can, everyone who sent those messages to me. When I logged back in, I was honestly expecting a few 'where are you?' and 'I hope you're alright'. I had about 100 or so different messages, via PM, my wall etc. I really can't believe the kind of support I've come back to. I mean, even people I've had some fiery exchanges with, have said kind thing. Also, some people have offered a ridiculous amount of support -- it's really unbelievable. I know that this text won't convey the emotion I wish it could, but I'm so thankful for everyone who sent me those messages. Really, I mean it.

So, I should explain what happened to me. I'll try to be terse, because I really don't want to ask people to read too much. Basically, I'm back to living at home. My dad is no longer allowed to live at home with any of his children, and he has child abuse charges being pressed against him. Apparently, this is the second time he has been on trial for this stuff; something similar happened with my youngest brother when he was 6 (I never knew about this either). He is likely going to gaol (jail). I sincerely hope they make an example of him. Not just because he beat me, but the way he's treated me with disdain, for what has been years. Some of the things he has said to me have been bad enough to be considered child abuse (according to the police, who should have some idea).

I'm living with my mum, who has apologised (out of convenience, I think) for how she basically watched on and didn't do a thing. I'm still taking care of her children, to a large extent, but it's so much better than what I had before, so I'm really pleased. The kids have been a lot nicer to me, too. I think it's the fact that we've all suffered at the hands of our father. Apart from my school-work being slightly ruined, everything is better than it was before. I'll be busily trying to catch-up on it, but I'll still make time for DDO.

Anyway, I'll elaborate if you want me to, but just know that everything is fine with me, if not much, much better. There really is light at the end of the tunnel, even if you can't always see it :)

I'm glad to hear that you're alight, and that justice will be served. Welcome back!
Tsar of DDO
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:12:40 PM

I'm glad to have you back, but I'm seriously ecstatic to hear that life is returning to a sense of normalcy for you without your abusive father. I hope that things only get better from here on out.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:15:36 PM

I'm really, really glad that life is getting better for you :)
Welcome back!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:45:14 PM
So happy to hear things have turned around. If you ever need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:53:41 PM
Welcome back! :)

Feel free to message me anytime to talk about anything. :) :P ^.^
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:55:07 AM

glad that piece of sh1t is in jail and that your life is getting better now. The best revenge is living the best life you can. Glad you're back...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 8:54:31 AM
Zarroette,

I'm sorry you have had to go through all of that. Sounds like you have to be the mature one of the house. Don't forget once in a while to take _________ for yourself. I think much of the time when one is forced in a position of having to step up and care for others guilt often creeps when considering doing something just for yourself.

I hope you find lots of peace and love go forward.
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 3:24:14 AM
At 5/23/2014 8:04:42 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm glad to hear that you're alight

I don't remember her saying she was on fire (best typo ever).

Anyway, it's good to see you back. As much as I argued with you and as irritating as I've sometimes found you in the past, there is no justification whatsoever for what you've been through and if DDO helps you to escape from those experiences then I will try and make my behaviour far more conducive to your being here (as long as you don't make another slur against me, that is!)
I'm back (ish).
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 3:27:38 AM

Woah woah woah, what the heck happened to you?? Some sort of child abuse? That's terrible.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 3:57:44 AM
At 5/25/2014 3:27:38 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Woah woah woah, what the heck happened to you?? Some sort of child abuse? That's terrible.

I guess I am considered a child...

The person who was meant to be my dad bashed me. Yeah, it is terrible -- you don't have to tell me.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 4:13:36 AM
At 5/25/2014 3:57:44 AM, Zarroette wrote:

I apologise. Was looking for the right word. I was going to say parental abuse then I thought that was abuse on parents so I remembered the word and said child abuse. I am sorry if that offends you.
The person who was meant to be my dad bashed me. Yeah, it is terrible -- you don't have to tell me.
I apologise. I was unnecessarily surprised. I was corporally punished by my parents at a young age and so to hear this story reminds me of my own dad and how I haven't seen him in a long time. I am sorry to comment so rashly.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 4:59:40 AM
At 5/25/2014 4:13:36 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

I apologise. Was looking for the right word. I was going to say parental abuse then I thought that was abuse on parents so I remembered the word and said child abuse. I am sorry if that offends you.
I apologise. I was unnecessarily surprised. I was corporally punished by my parents at a young age and so to hear this story reminds me of my own dad and how I haven't seen him in a long time. I am sorry to comment so rashly.

Try not to worry about it. It's clear that you've experienced something similar (by the way you're being so cautious about it), so there's a lot of emotional attachment to that, and that tends to make people act impulsively. Not that I blame you, because I know how hard these emotions can be.

I'm sorry that you've gone through something like this, too. If I may ask, did you try to move on from that, or does it spur you to do better in life? If it's too much, you don't have to answer that...
TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 5:29:01 AM

Welcome back! Should I be surprised that not a peep of this was on SMH?
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 5:34:01 AM
At 5/25/2014 4:59:40 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Try not to worry about it. It's clear that you've experienced something similar (by the way you're being so cautious about it), so there's a lot of emotional attachment to that, and that tends to make people act impulsively. Not that I blame you, because I know how hard these emotions can be.

I'm sorry that you've gone through something like this, too. If I may ask, did you try to move on from that, or does it spur you to do better in life? If it's too much, you don't have to answer that...
Well I think eventually people move on after negative experiences. The one thing that my parents taught me was to be the best parent possible if I ever chose to be one. I would never make my children ever be afraid of me. I used to be very frightened by my parents because as a kid they would sometimes threaten to kick me out of the house (and sometimes they did). Being the only child, there was no one to support or be on my side.
I realise now that my parents were raised in different ways and in different cultures. Nowadays I thank them for raising me up, providing food and a house. I forgive them for not always being the best parents because I know that it was our financial problems at the time that caused so much stress on my parents.
I think it's possible to gain respect and discipline from children as a parent in positive ways. Becoming a parent that my children can love unconditonally and without fear is what I wish I am to be.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 5:34:22 AM
At 5/25/2014 5:29:01 AM, TS-387 wrote:

Welcome back! Should I be surprised that not a peep of this was on SMH?

Thank you :) The last thing I want is for the story to be plastered all over a newspaper. It's not everybody's business what my dad did to me, and my horrible experience is not going to be extorted for profit.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:00:00 AM
At 5/25/2014 5:34:01 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Well I think eventually people move on after negative experiences. The one thing that my parents taught me was to be the best parent possible if I ever chose to be one. I would never make my children ever be afraid of me. I used to be very frightened by my parents because as a kid they would sometimes threaten to kick me out of the house (and sometimes they did). Being the only child, there was no one to support or be on my side.

I'm sorry to hear that...

I realise now that my parents were raised in different ways and in different cultures. Nowadays I thank them for raising me up, providing food and a house. I forgive them for not always being the best parents because I know that it was our financial problems at the time that caused so much stress on my parents.

It's quite impressive that you can see the positive qualities of you parents, after they have treated you like that.
I think it's possible to gain respect and discipline from children as a parent in positive ways. Becoming a parent that my children can love unconditonally and without fear is what I wish I am to be.

The difficulty in that will be having them respect you, because if you're not strict enough, your children will run rings around. I think you're right, though. It's bitter-sweet that wisdom like this comes from your awful experience, but at least there is a sweet.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:48:54 AM
At 5/25/2014 6:00:00 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/25/2014 5:34:01 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that...

It's quite impressive that you can see the positive qualities of you parents, after they have treated you like that.
Well it get's exhausting hating someone forever. One day when you finally feel happy and free in life, you tend to forget about the past.

The difficulty in that will be having them respect you, because if you're not strict enough, your children will run rings around. I think you're right, though. It's bitter-sweet that wisdom like this comes from your awful experience, but at least there is a sweet.
I'm going to try at least to be the wisest father. I'd rather be the cause of happiness for my child instead being the cause of suffering. Thanks for reading my story and thank you for the replies.
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2014 5:30:20 PM
I'm sorry I didn't wish you luck, I didn't know if anything I could say would make your leave easier. I've never had something hard like that happen to me. I decided that even though we don't know each other I'd pray for you. I'm sure that sounds silly, but it's the sentiment that counts, right?

Anyways, I'm really happy you're back, now you can help me find out what to do with the rest of my life. ;)
I'm so fancy, you already know.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:55:15 PM
At 5/30/2014 5:30:20 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't wish you luck, I didn't know if anything I could say would make your leave easier. I've never had something hard like that happen to me. I decided that even though we don't know each other I'd pray for you. I'm sure that sounds silly, but it's the sentiment that counts, right?

Anyways, I'm really happy you're back, now you can help me find out what to do with the rest of my life. ;)

Great job Zarroette. You're learning from GCL herself!! :D
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 4:47:38 AM
At 6/28/2014 2:55:15 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 5/30/2014 5:30:20 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:

Great job Zarroette. You're learning from GCL herself!! :D

What?
I'm so fancy, you already know.