Jump to topic:

Maybe Goodbye thread

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 3:43:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I might take a semi leave from DDO for a couple months soon. By semi leave I mean I'll probably stop commenting in the threads but I might be keeping up pms.

I like so many others have watched DDO change and some of it not for the better. I guess it started around the time the TUF became president, not blaming you TUF or anything just making an observation. A few older veteran members started leaving and a large influx of new members started coming in. These newer members had no idea how DDO worked and because the internet allows a release because repercussions to actions are minimal, they just started acting like they would without the restraints that society irl puts on them. It kinda spiraled out. I mean with people like Stalin and Zarronette and others like them, who decide that they have to get their way or else they'll throw a fit.

It seems that a lot of the new members are younger and in my generation. And as said by I believe it was sdavio, answering a question about what was wrong with kids these days, the problem was that they had too much self pity and felt they were entitled to the same rights as everyone else. Now I have had a lot of alone and quiet time. I use that time to think over my morals and other philosophical or metaphysical subjects, and because I've used it in that way I feel like I am not a lot like that.

But thats aside the fact. So yeah I might take a semi leave and take perch somewhere on a metaphorical tree high enough up so I can remove myself aside from the occasional communication but not so far that I can't see whats going on. After about 4-6 months if things don't seem to be getting better, I'll probably leave for good.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 8:15:55 AM
At 5/25/2014 11:49:39 AM, Romanii wrote:
Good bye :/
Hopefully you'll come back...

i said i MIGHT leave and it would only be partial
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 9:15:49 AM
At 5/24/2014 3:43:38 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
So I might take a semi leave from DDO for a couple months soon. By semi leave I mean I'll probably stop commenting in the threads but I might be keeping up pms.

I like so many others have watched DDO change and some of it not for the better. I guess it started around the time the TUF became president, not blaming you TUF or anything just making an observation. A few older veteran members started leaving and a large influx of new members started coming in. These newer members had no idea how DDO worked and because the internet allows a release because repercussions to actions are minimal, they just started acting like they would without the restraints that society irl puts on them. It kinda spiraled out. I mean with people like Stalin and Zarronette and others like them, who decide that they have to get their way or else they'll throw a fit.

It seems that a lot of the new members are younger and in my generation. And as said by I believe it was sdavio, answering a question about what was wrong with kids these days, the problem was that they had too much self pity and felt they were entitled to the same rights as everyone else. Now I have had a lot of alone and quiet time. I use that time to think over my morals and other philosophical or metaphysical subjects, and because I've used it in that way I feel like I am not a lot like that.

But thats aside the fact. So yeah I might take a semi leave and take perch somewhere on a metaphorical tree high enough up so I can remove myself aside from the occasional communication but not so far that I can't see whats going on. After about 4-6 months if things don't seem to be getting better, I'll probably leave for good.

Good luck in your future endeavors. If you don't come back, O.O, I will find a way to stal- i mean, find you. ^.^ ;)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 7:43:30 PM
The problem with kids these days is that they feel they are entitled to the same rights as everybody else? Interesting...
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 10:26:07 AM
At 6/3/2014 7:43:30 PM, Crescendo wrote:
The problem with kids these days is that they feel they are entitled to the same rights as everybody else? Interesting...

Can you elaborate on what you mean by rights?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.