Jump to topic:

I need teen advice.

Kumquatodor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 7:12:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I used to laugh at teenagers as a kid. And then I became one. Just as I was told I would become. Moody. Annoying. Rebellious.

My question is: if this is all obligatory, if it's just teenagerdom speaking, and if I'll feel completely better when my brain decides to let me, why be me? If I cannot think in logical terms, and I'm told I can't, then why should I think at all.

It seems as if I'm powerless as to who I am. I am whoever my brainchemistry decides I am, and am thus meaningless. I have no free will. I am a machine. Right?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 8:07:50 AM
At 6/1/2014 7:12:24 AM, Kumquatodor wrote:
I used to laugh at teenagers as a kid. And then I became one. Just as I was told I would become. Moody. Annoying. Rebellious.

My question is: if this is all obligatory, if it's just teenagerdom speaking, and if I'll feel completely better when my brain decides to let me, why be me? If I cannot think in logical terms, and I'm told I can't, then why should I think at all.

It seems as if I'm powerless as to who I am. I am whoever my brainchemistry decides I am, and am thus meaningless. I have no free will. I am a machine. Right?

Good grief. Just be a teenager, try to be at least somewhat responsible and don't do drugs. Enjoy being a kid, because you're not going to be one for much longer.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 9:19:04 AM

You are who you are. You can be anything you want to be.

Don't let peers influence your judgements.

You are a human being and have your own decisions to make in life. Don't try to act conventionally! Be your own person, your own unique individual! Why would you rather follow what everyone expects of you? Think outside if the box, and do what you think is right, or what you want to do.

Life is a journey full of ups and downs, my friend. You shall make mistakes and they will have consequences. You will do great things, and be happy about it. Don't waste your precious time acting the way everyone perceives you should be.

Be you. You are a special individual. No one has all the same genes as you and can replace you 100%.
You have your own likes, dislikes etc.

So, to sum it all up, be you. Be who you think you are. Express your individuality and awesomeness.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 9:19:27 AM
At 6/1/2014 8:07:50 AM, YYW wrote:

Good grief. Just be a teenager, try to be at least somewhat responsible and don't do drugs. Enjoy being a kid, because you're not going to be one for much longer.

Lol
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Unknown_player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 10:03:01 AM
At 6/1/2014 9:19:04 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

You are a human being and have your own decisions to make in life. Don't try to act conventionally! Be your own person, your own unique individual! Why would you rather follow what everyone expects of you? Think outside if the box, and do what you think is right, or what you want to do.

Life is a journey full of ups and downs, my friend. You shall make mistakes and they will have consequences. You will do great things, and be happy about it. Don't waste your precious time acting the way everyone perceives you should be.

Be you. You are a special individual. No one has all the same genes as you and can replace you 100%.

So, to sum it all up, be you. Be who you think you are. Express your individuality and awesomeness.

That was inspiring!
I'll put something here later...
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 10:03:49 AM

You are using the personal section as a psychology experiment, aren't you? ;) You know I am just messing with you.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 12:14:07 PM

To an extent, you are powerless over who you are. You were as a kid, and you will be as an adult. This doesn't mean you have no self control, however, although it might be distinctly more difficult while you have a natural imbalance of hormones flowing through your body, giving you acne, altering your bodily proportions, changing your voice, morphing your appearance, and introducing sexuality for the first time.

None of that has much to do with your personality. That can remain the same.

But, since you're self aware enough to realize that you're dealing with a lot of the same issues most teenagers deal with, why don't you use that to your advantage and apply it to disciplining yourself enough to control most of your urges to be irrational, while understanding and forgiving yourself when you are anyway? It will make things a lot easier on yourself, and with your lack of responsibility, you have a lot more time and energy to do so.

Don't be so hard on yourself, roll with the punches, and remain realistic. Discover things as they come and capitalize on the new things that are happening to you.

For example.

All that acne? It's because there's a huge influx of testosterone flowing through your body for the first time. It's tantamount to what steroids does to adults. So, if you're a guy, weight train. It will transform your body forever -- not only will getting in shape be the easiest it will be for the rest of your life, you will develop the muscle memory to bounce right back if you want to get back into shape.

That testosterone is also what's making you so ridiculously sensitive, aggressive, and horny. Take the time to control and mold these sensations, which will give you a lot more discipline and self-control overall. That coupled with physical fitness with put you leaps and bounds over your peers, which will likely make you infinitely more attractive to whomever you're attracted.

Because you're growing so much and are in such development, you should optimize your diet. It will help regulate your hormones (making everything else a little easier) while giving you even more energy (for your studies and fitness) and keeping you healthy and in good shape (which will do wonders for helping you achieve your physical and mental genetic potential).

Don't fight, it isn't worth it.

Don't be afraid, there's nothing to be afraid of.

Find out for yourself, there's more bad information than there is good.

Take no one's word for it.

Respect authority, but remember that people remain clueless forever and it should be too confusing to realize that adults are just as retarded as most of your peers. Authority will remain like that forever for the most part -- get used to it.

When someone else is better than you at something, don't get jealous. Try to learn from him or her.

Don't waste time.

Take every opportunity.

Let things go.

Don't regret.

Keep your morals and wits about you.

Make money and save some of it, but have as much fun as you can.

See your parents as people, which will help you to understand their plight, then help them as you can. Give them space.

Don't keep bad friends.

It's okay to act stupid.

College is every bit as awesome as they say it is, especially if you prepare for it.

Godspeed!
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 1:28:31 PM
At 6/1/2014 10:03:01 AM, Unknown_player wrote:

That was inspiring!

Lol. Thanks. :)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 1:28:53 PM
At 6/1/2014 10:03:49 AM, Haroush wrote:

You are using the personal section as a psychology experiment, aren't you? ;) You know I am just messing with you.

Lol. No. I was just being me. ;)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 2:14:10 PM
At 6/1/2014 2:13:23 PM, nicraM wrote:
All I can say to this is,

Seriously, what is eating Gilbert Grape?

Huh?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 2:42:04 PM
At 6/1/2014 2:24:07 PM, nicraM wrote:
Don't mind me I haven't had my medicine yet.

Umm... oh ok.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY