Jump to topic:

Help!!!

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 10:03:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Your parents just want what's best for you.

Maybe you guys should sit down and talk about your feelings...

--

I'm very cut out from the world as well. My routine used to be: wake up, school, homework, eat sleep. I never used to be around people. Now that I go to lessons, I do get to meet people my age. (Not that I talk to them... I'm very antisocial.)

You just need to find a friend and speak to that person about how you feel. If your school has a guidance counsellor, you can try that as well.

--

Good luck and if you ever want to talk, don't be afraid to PM me.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
TheINFJPhilosopher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 12:43:26 PM
At 6/6/2014 10:03:59 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Your parents just want what's best for you.

Maybe you guys should sit down and talk about your feelings...

--

I'm very cut out from the world as well. My routine used to be: wake up, school, homework, eat sleep. I never used to be around people. Now that I go to lessons, I do get to meet people my age. (Not that I talk to them... I'm very antisocial.)

You just need to find a friend and speak to that person about how you feel. If your school has a guidance counsellor, you can try that as well.

--

Good luck and if you ever want to talk, don't be afraid to PM me.

Thank you. I will keep that in mind.
Unknown_player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 2:04:43 PM
At 6/6/2014 12:15:43 AM, TheINFJPhilosopher wrote:
I need your help.

I posted this question on yahoo and need more answers.

Tell me through posts on this forum.

https://answers.yahoo.com...

I definitely agree with Esocial. If you're parents don't understand how you feel, they won't ever know, and things might just stay the same. Sometimes it's hard to sit down and talk to parents about your deep feelings especially when they're strict (something I do understand). I will assure that it's definitely worth it.

I can't say I completely understand your feelings, but I know some people who have similar feelings. Just know that you always have your DDO family to talk to if you want.
I'll put something here later...
TheINFJPhilosopher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 2:10:14 PM
At 6/6/2014 2:04:43 PM, Unknown_player wrote:
I need your help.

I definitely agree with Esocial. If you're parents don't understand how you feel, they won't ever know, and things might just stay the same. Sometimes it's hard to sit down and talk to parents about your deep feelings especially when they're strict (something I do understand). I will assure that it's definitely worth it.

I can't say I completely understand your feelings, but I know some people who have similar feelings. Just know that you always have your DDO family to talk to if you want.

Thank you. I will.

Besides, they have no idea I have this account. I'm really sneaky. So I doubt they'll find out.
TheINFJPhilosopher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 3:35:01 PM
At 6/6/2014 2:10:14 PM, TheINFJPhilosopher wrote:
I need your help.

Thank you. I will.

Besides, they have no idea I have this account. I'm really sneaky. So I doubt they'll find out.

However...

Did I not say I told them about my feelings and they didn't believe me?
Unknown_player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:48:38 PM
At 6/6/2014 3:35:01 PM, TheINFJPhilosopher wrote:
At 6/6/2014 2:10:14 PM, TheINFJPhilosopher wrote:
I need your help.

Thank you. I will.

However...

Did I not say I told them about my feelings and they didn't believe me?

Oh I must have missed that. Hmmm that's interesting. I mean, I figured they didn't know because if they did I doubt you would say some of the the stuff. I'm still trying to think how they wouldn't believe you? Maybe you need to make the convorsation like, almost "Let's go talk, it's really important." That way, they know it's serious.
I'll put something here later...
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 10:19:45 PM
Not everyone here on DDO will understand your perspective on this matter. Not everyone has a syndrome or autism. But forcing an autistic child to be something he/she is not is like forcing a mutant child to be normal like a human.

Now aside from Xmen analogies, I have been in similar situations as yours. In the past (a long time ago btw) My parents were always strict about things like rules and following society. The thing is they are always worried about me and think I am going to fail in my life as a mature adult. I always felt like a worthless person at these times. Of course eventually I realised it was only me who was perpetuating the emotions I was having, so there could only be one person who could stop these emotions. Me.

So first of all, you would have to deal with any negative emotions you have regarding this parental issue. You have to go deep within yourself and find the answers you seek. Depression is something you have to accept and transform. Because the only person who can fight these dilemmas within yourself is yourself. Sure, you can talk to your parents about your feelings and your mental health and so on. But you will likely invoke even more negative emotions within you if you talk about such things. First you have to wash off the emotions, detoxify your mentality in order for you to progress in your relationship in a positive matter.

Trust me, the only way to find peace is not by looking for it in the outside world. It is by finding the peace and serenity withing yourself. One you find that perfect balance point, nobody can affect you in any way that is negative. You will truly be mentally invincible. It is not about being emotionless. It's about choosing the emotions you prefer to feel.

Other than that, I can only say: It gets better.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
BasicLogic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 10:28:50 PM
Damn, your parents seem like steroetypical asian parents. (I know since i have them). What Ebook said is probaly the best course of action. If nothing changes, you may ned to go to the extreme. Get a family counseler and drag your family to him. If all esle fails, you can run away and live the rest of your life as a wolf-boy
TheINFJPhilosopher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 11:35:52 PM
At 6/6/2014 10:28:50 PM, BasicLogic wrote:
Damn, your parents seem like steroetypical asian parents. (I know since i have them). What Ebook said is probaly the best course of action. If nothing changes, you may ned to go to the extreme. Get a family counseler and drag your family to him. If all esle fails, you can run away and live the rest of your life as a wolf-boy

If I do runaway, I will make sure I can take care of myself. I am not like the other runaways. I spend money wisely, I am cautious- everything you expect in an adult.

I'll only do it if I have no choice.

P.S.

1. My parents aren't even Asian! LOL

2. What do you mean by be a wolf-boy?

Is that an insult or something else I'm not getting?
BasicLogic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 11:58:16 PM
At 6/6/2014 11:35:52 PM, TheINFJPhilosopher wrote:
At 6/6/2014 10:28:50 PM, BasicLogic wrote:

If I do runaway, I will make sure I can take care of myself. I am not like the other runaways. I spend money wisely, I am cautious- everything you expect in an adult.

I'll only do it if I have no choice.

P.S.

1. My parents aren't even Asian! LOL

2. What do you mean by be a wolf-boy?

Is that an insult or something else I'm not getting?

A. They are like one (As in very strict and very acidemic based.
B. That is a joke.