Jump to topic:

Taking responsibility?

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:29:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you think everyone is responsible for their own actions? Not blame other things whether they are or aren't influenced... Everyone has a mind of their own and to say it was so and so's fault that I'm like this or blame someone else such as you for the way others are being?... Who's really at fault? Self or others for a personal action whether done unintentionally or intentionally.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:54:25 PM
At 6/18/2014 10:29:35 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Do you think everyone is responsible for their own actions? Not blame other things whether they are or aren't influenced... Everyone has a mind of their own and to say it was so and so's fault that I'm like this or blame someone else such as you for the way others are being?... Who's really at fault? Self or others for a personal action whether done unintentionally or intentionally.

As you know me, I believe we are all responsible for our actions. Many times, the Bible teaches that all chose their own way.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:56:44 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:54:25 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

As you know me, I believe we are all responsible for our actions. Many times, the Bible teaches that all chose their own way.

Exactly... But some people think differently or blame another for they way a sibling or friend turned out because supposedly it's your fault kinda thing.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:58:27 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:56:44 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 6/18/2014 11:54:25 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Exactly... But some people think differently or blame another for they way a sibling or friend turned out because supposedly it's your fault kinda thing.

It's not your fault, they simply refuse to take responsibility for their actions.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 12:58:57 AM
I take responsibility for everything. I put the weight of the world on my shoulders. I even blamed myself for 9/11.

My Narcissism and high view of myself forces me to accept blame for absolutely everything. The blame is internal. I at times may project something different.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 1:31:35 AM

What's scary is that, if a causal determinist view of the world holds true, technically we aren't at fault or responsible for our actions because we aren't in control of them. In fact, the concept of "self" itself -- no pun intended -- virtually dissipates without free will.

But I'm sure that wasn't you're getting at and I'm doing nothing more now than trolling.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics