Jump to topic:

What is your favorite kind of art?

PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 3:55:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is it writing, poetry, painting, drawing, singing, or maybe playing an instrument (just to name a few)? Why do you prefer this kind of art over others?

In my opinion, I prefer the very broad category of music over the others. To be more specific, I prefer the piano and some stringed instruments (the violin and cello). These have always been my favorite instruments ... though I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just the sound they produce, or the fact that you can play so many different notes and complex variations as opposed to other instruments.

I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on this matter. It doesn't have to be something I've listed, as there are quite a few art forms out there.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 3:58:40 PM
I would definitely enjoy poetry or writing to be my favorite kind of art. I'm not simply going to say "because it gives me freedom to express my emotions" because that is what all art allows you to do. I choose poetry and writing because they were the two activities I do to pass the time instead of write music or whatever (Plus I cant draw art cause I suck at that >.>). Also, I think writing stories allows you to even more freedom than any of the other activities because its a long term ideal that you can lead to anywhere. Its like a road that allows you to choose where to end up.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 10:10:40 PM
I would have to say music, specifically instrumental music. I appreciate all other works of art, but for some reason, I feel the most emotional impact (if you will) from classical music. Very few paintings have ever resonated with me, and writing, while at times can be absolutely fantastic, can also be very bad. There are very few pieces of classical music I would say I don't like.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.