Jump to topic:

Do You Marry Someone For Who They Are?

QuestionEverything99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 2:52:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You have a crush on this girl/guy. He/She is perfect -- intelligent, attractive, kind. Except they have one flaw: they possess a different political/religious view than you. It is an important one, as well. You know you could not be with him/her if they have this view. Do you forget about them or try to persuade them? After all, ignorance is a curable illness...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 8:25:31 PM
At 6/20/2014 2:52:48 PM, QuestionEverything99 wrote:
You have a crush on this girl/guy. He/She is perfect -- intelligent, attractive, kind. Except they have one flaw: they possess a different political/religious view than you. It is an important one, as well. You know you could not be with him/her if they have this view. Do you forget about them or try to persuade them? After all, ignorance is a curable illness...

Depends on the issue and its consequences.
If you want a family and it affects child rearing, then, it is a very much a deal breaker.
If they view gay marriage in another way as you, then it doesn't really affect much, except embarrassing dinner conversations.

Me and my wife have taboo subjects. We just don't bring up certain things to each other (well, more I don't bring them up to her).
Let sleeping dogs lie.
My work here is, finally, done.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 10:54:45 AM
At 6/20/2014 2:52:48 PM, QuestionEverything99 wrote:

Views don't matter as long as you have each otherto cheri shone a nother and make it through life.