Jump to topic:

Counselor or Teacher??

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 8:15:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I started college in 2011 and I was majoring in social work at a community college and I intended to further my education in for counseling, but then I changed my major to General Education and "HAD" said I wanted to go further to becoming a Special Education teacher, which is fine, but then I decided maybe a general teacher would be fine as well, but now altogether, I'm having second thoughts. I am wondering if I should just continue with General Education or change my major completely to counseling OR keep General Education and in counseling so that I can have two degrees into those? But am undecided.

What do you think DDO? LOL I ask you all because believe it or not I care of your opinion.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:02:58 PM
Do what you want to do and follow your dreams :P
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:03:45 PM
At 6/21/2014 9:02:58 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

LOL, that's a fair answer, but I'm asking for opinion's haha! :P
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:05:17 PM
At 6/21/2014 9:03:45 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I know but I have no clue what to tell you... so... yeah... XD :P
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 9:08:18 PM
At 6/21/2014 9:05:17 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/21/2014 9:03:45 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I know but I have no clue what to tell you... so... yeah... XD :P

LOL too cute! Its fine! Thank you though MIja! :)
<3!
"Good Times" ~ Max
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 5:00:21 AM
At 6/21/2014 8:15:17 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
I started college in 2011 and I was majoring in social work at a community college and I intended to further my education in for counseling, but then I changed my major to General Education and "HAD" said I wanted to go further to becoming a Special Education teacher, which is fine, but then I decided maybe a general teacher would be fine as well, but now altogether, I'm having second thoughts. I am wondering if I should just continue with General Education or change my major completely to counseling OR keep General Education and in counseling so that I can have two degrees into those? But am undecided.

What do you think DDO? LOL I ask you all because believe it or not I care of your opinion.
Choose what you think fits you best.

or

Whatever gives you more salary!
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 11:37:31 PM
I work as a camp counselor and it's great!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 12:49:55 PM

If you had a degree in general education what would you teach and who would you teach (highschool, middleschool, elementary school)?

Do you like to help people one on one, particularly people that may have suffer from serious mental illness or serious depression? Do you want that kind of pressure on you?

Personally, I think you would be fantastic at teaching Special Education (which I assume is for kids with down syndrome, ect.?). You have a very kind and patient personality which I think would be perfect for it.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 12:50:18 PM
At 6/22/2014 5:00:21 AM, XLAV wrote:

Choose what you think fits you best.

or

Whatever gives you more salary!

Money is overrated.
Nolite Timere
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 12:57:32 PM

I have a relative that teaching special education, GCL.

That's would be an excellent career path for you, as these instructors have to be very understanding and compassionate.

But I also think General Education would be an excellent career choice for you.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 10:16:05 PM

I can't decide what you should do with your life; only you can. But I can tell you, from experience, that you shouldn't rush into decisions like this. Stick to General Studies, get some gen eds out of the way and take the classes that interest you, and then when you go on to a 4-year school, take on whichever major seems more appropriate at the time. You can still change it, even then.