Jump to topic:

Florida

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 6:40:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who lives there? And could ya give me an idea of what it like there?
My parents are talking about us moving there and idk if I'm ready for a move like tht?! Seems idk sudden... But if anything they said it'd be next year if we move there.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 6:50:42 PM
At 6/24/2014 6:40:06 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
My parents are talking about us moving there and idk if I'm ready for a move like tht?! Seems idk sudden... But if anything they said it'd be next year if we move there.

Where in Florida?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 7:09:53 PM
At 6/24/2014 6:50:42 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Where in Florida?

I think Orlando ?
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 7:48:57 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but why is it you need to go with them?
My work here is, finally, done.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 7:50:45 PM
At 6/24/2014 7:48:57 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Lol that's funny question. Well I don't exactly live on my own yet and well the idea sounds nice but idk at the same time.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 7:58:46 PM
At 6/24/2014 7:50:45 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Lol that's funny question. Well I don't exactly live on my own yet and well the idea sounds nice but idk at the same time.

Moving out is a bit scary, especially away from family.
But, if you want to stay where you are at, there is that option.
My work here is, finally, done.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 8:02:10 PM
At 6/24/2014 7:58:46 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/24/2014 7:50:45 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Moving out is a bit scary, especially away from family.
But, if you want to stay where you are at, there is that option.

Yeah, my parents told me tht if don't wanna go I don't have to, I mean I'm gonna be 22 next month (shhhhhh btw!) but yeah I'm sure it'd be fun but different. We will sees.
"Good Times" ~ Max
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 9:00:35 PM
As a 36 year veteran of Florida, don't move here, it's boring as hell after the beach thing gets worn out. Everything is the same everywhere. Just flat and green. Unless you are a hardcore sea lover. Florida sucks for things to do. Theme Parks don't count. Those will get boring too.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Bannanawamajama
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 10:20:21 PM
It really depends on where you are going in Florida. North Florida is very much like the deep south, and South Florida is very Cuban influenced. Central is probably the most like a nondescript America type place.

Its very hot all the time, this year we didn't have much of a winter at all, and when we do, it goes down to about 30 for maybe a week and 40s most of the rest of the time. During the Summer there will be random pretty severe showers that totally drench the place and then suddenly its gone and its nice again, so keep an umbrella prepared.

Snakes are fairly common but not dangerous. Lizards are everywhere. Armadillos and Gators show up but are pretty shy so you wont see them often. Lots of big birds.

Beaches are always nice, but thats only if you live on the coast. Inland you can't tell the difference between there and any other state.

Make sure you find out if your destination is lively in advance, lots of places are quite boring and dead, but the places that are fun are pretty much non-stop activity.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 10:41:59 PM
Wow!! Thanks for the info guys!! Very interesting... Is it a humid state? Cause I know here in Texas it's usually hot and humid and also dry...
"Good Times" ~ Max
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:39:51 PM

I lived in Miami for 4 years.

There's lots of scary people, my mom pointed her gun at a black guy in our apartment while we lived there.

he was stealing stuff
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:47:52 PM
At 6/25/2014 2:39:51 PM, Dennybug wrote:

There's lots of scary people, my mom pointed her gun at a black guy in our apartment while we lived there.

he was stealing stuff

Oh so it'd be like living in Texas then?
"Good Times" ~ Max
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:49:08 PM
At 6/25/2014 2:47:52 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

he was stealing stuff

ive never been to texas. but sure!
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:52:37 PM
At 6/25/2014 2:49:08 PM, Dennybug wrote:
At 6/25/2014 2:47:52 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

he was stealing stuff

ive never been to texas. but sure!

I'm saying that because here in Texas well more in specific cities like here in San Antonio the west is like the most craziest area ... I used to live in the west side of San Antonio ... Saw a few things heard a few things myself...
"Good Times" ~ Max
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 3:03:35 PM
Cities in general are going to be more "scary" because they always have higher crime rates.

Do you currently work so that if you wanted to stay where you are, you could afford it?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 3:25:29 AM
At 6/24/2014 9:00:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
As a 36 year veteran of Florida, don't move here, it's boring as hell after the beach thing gets worn out. Everything is the same everywhere. Just flat and green. Unless you are a hardcore sea lover. Florida sucks for things to do. Theme Parks don't count. Those will get boring too.

Sadolite has gotten it right - Florida is much more boring than, say, New York. Nothing interesting happens. Unless you like palm trees, stay away.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:21:43 AM
At 6/25/2014 3:03:35 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Cities in general are going to be more "scary" because they always have higher crime rates.
It'd be no different than San Antonio...

Do you currently work so that if you wanted to stay where you are, you could afford it?
No, I'm just currently attending college.
"Good Times" ~ Max
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:34:51 AM

I've been to Florida five or six times... It's really pretty there, but it's a little too busy for me. If you don't like busy places, you probably won't like Orlando.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 3:44:13 PM
As a person who lived in Florida, it is hot and is justlike Tex as. It's dry and humid andev erything is so far. I don't want to go back lol. There's also laws that don't work and hurricanes. I didn't have power for months.
BrandiOlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 12:36:49 AM

I do not live there,but would like to remind you of looking for homes that have hurricane protection which is necessary for the safety of you and your family.Even if you have no intention of buying a house,select the right one.Very few people pay attention to it,even with the storms being so uncertain.For more info,please see- http://alphaimpactwindows.com...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 1:22:19 AM

I have no idea how to respond to this. On the one hand I've lived in Florida since I was just a wee child but on the other there's so much of it that I haven't been (or have barely been) exposed to. It's a huge fccking state with a lot of fccking people and also you can shoot black teens at yer leisure with no legal penalties.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 1:24:42 AM
I'd say the best word to describe this state is trashy. In fact the beach I work on is consistently ranked in the top 20 as far as "trashiest spring break beaches in the country" lists are concerned.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.