Jump to topic:

Is it worth finding "the right one "?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 11:40:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
After years of thinking about this, I realized I was in a problem of grave consequence . I been through alot of pain and heart ache. As a young boy actually, it was pretty disappointing to think of the hardships of life and breakups. I talked and liked people I will never see again.. Sometimes, I cried myself to sleep because of the pain of rejection. Sometimes, I vowed to never like anyone else again. Is it really worthall the pain, confusion, and sorrow? Is it worth accepting that you will never be with that person you thought was the one? I sometimes ask God this. It's hard to trust people in general at times because sometimes, they'll turn on you :-(
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 10:35:33 PM
At 6/27/2014 11:40:15 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
After years of thinking about this, I realized I was in a problem of grave consequence . I been through alot of pain and heart ache. As a young boy actually, it was pretty disappointing to think of the hardships of life and breakups. I talked and liked people I will never see again.. Sometimes, I cried myself to sleep because of the pain of rejection. Sometimes, I vowed to never like anyone else again. Is it really worthall the pain, confusion, and sorrow? Is it worth accepting that you will never be with that person you thought was the one? I sometimes ask God this. It's hard to trust people in general at times because sometimes, they'll turn on you :-(

With the advent of feminism and female sexual liberation, monogamy is now a sham. It's such a pity, really, and it has destructive impacts on society, as you're now experiencing. I've only just woken up to it recently.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 11:57:30 PM
After years of thinking about this, I realized I was in a problem of grave consequence . I been through alot of pain and heart ache. As a young boy actually, it was pretty disappointing to think of the hardships of life and breakups. I talked and liked people I will never see again.. Sometimes, I cried myself to sleep because of the pain of rejection. Sometimes, I vowed to never like anyone else again. Is it really worthall the pain, confusion, and sorrow?

Yes.

Is it worth accepting that you will never be with that person you thought was the one?

You will find someone.

I sometimes ask God this. It's hard to trust people in general at times because sometimes, they'll turn on you :-(

Love is complicated, but you've got to keep an open heart and an open mind.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 12:07:51 AM
I can relate. I've given up the idea of "hope" of someone coming along and swooping me off my feet for marriage because as before I was given promises to which were not kept and thus has led me to not be willing to trust. So I can understand where your coming from in the same stance. But I don't think it would be right or just of us as individuals to decide this for ourselves, you as a believer ought to trust in God just as I myself should do the same with this situation. Don't loose heart! Let God he the guide of your heart and prepare yourself to BE THE ONE, not look for the one. Because what I've learned also is the more we look the more we end up hurt in the long run. When the time is right you'll know! Cling to Christ and let go of you! (Btw, I'm speaking 200 times more to myself here too).
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 12:30:23 AM
At 6/28/2014 12:07:51 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
I can relate. I've given up the idea of "hope" of someone coming along and swooping me off my feet for marriage because as before I was given promises to which were not kept and thus has led me to not be willing to trust. So I can understand where your coming from in the same stance. But I don't think it would be right or just of us as individuals to decide this for ourselves, you as a believer ought to trust in God just as I myself should do the same with this situation. Don't loose heart! Let God he the guide of your heart and prepare yourself to BE THE ONE, not look for the one. Because what I've learned also is the more we look the more we end up hurt in the long run. When the time is right you'll know! Cling to Christ and let go of you! (Btw, I'm speaking 200 times more to myself here too).

True..thanks Marie =)
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 8:42:01 PM
I think it's most important to be alright with the fact that you might not find the right one. You can't depend on somebody else to complete you, or even if you do find "the one" you still won't be complete.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 5:40:53 PM
At 6/28/2014 8:42:01 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I think it's most important to be alright with the fact that you might not find the right one. You can't depend on somebody else to complete you, or even if you do find "the one" you still won't be complete.

You give good advice
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 2:27:31 PM

this is a serious question and please dont take offense to it,but do you by any chance have ADD?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 2:36:01 PM
At 7/2/2014 2:27:31 PM, Dennybug wrote:

this is a serious question and please dont take offense to it,but do you by any chance have ADD?

Only God knows, other than that, never bothered having an analysis =)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 6:50:38 PM

I think that, for most people, there are many times and places they might find someone who they could call "the one." And even though it may still be fleeting, I think it is worth the cost. Feelings of rejection pass as well as a strong loving bond might. I'm inclined to take my chances.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 6:57:57 PM
At 7/2/2014 6:50:38 PM, Oryus wrote:

I think that, for most people, there are many times and places they might find someone who they could call "the one." And even though it may still be fleeting, I think it is worth the cost. Feelings of rejection pass as well as a strong loving bond might. I'm inclined to take my chances.

True, feelings and rejection die eventually, but true love with the person you care about last forever.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 6:58:52 PM
At 7/2/2014 6:57:57 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/2/2014 6:50:38 PM, Oryus wrote:

True, feelings and rejection die eventually, but true love with the person you care about last forever.

*fist bump*
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.