Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Please help me deal with 'Lost.'

Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 12:39:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Everywhere I've been, people rave about how amazing and original Lost is. The only criticism I could find, after multiple Google searches, is that the ending let everyone down and multiple plot lines were never explained. Absolutely no one thinks the first season of Lost was anything less than perfect.

This is my position, after watching the first few episodes: Lost had talent-free swimsuit models for a cast, backstories lifted from a cheap soap opera, a scenario which was essentially a reheated mishmash of other sci-fi plots, and horrible acting, writing, and suspense all around. It has zero merit whatsoever.

I need someone to agree with me on this. I'm in a very fragile epistemological state. I can't imagine that this show could be taken seriously by any intelligent person, and I'm beginning to lose faith in my own sanity. Either that, or the human species.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 5:47:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Lost was so darn good even Bluesteel couldn't win a debate concerning "the ending to lost was lame"
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...
Tsar of DDO
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 10:55:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 5:47:52 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
Lost was so darn good even Bluesteel couldn't win a debate concerning "the ending to lost was lame"

True story.

I utterly enjoyed Lost. It is by far the greatest series I have ever watched. Those who don't like it are the lucky ones, as they get to continue their lives without the endless, haunting obsession that is Lost fandom.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:00:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 10:55:09 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/29/2014 5:47:52 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
Lost was so darn good even Bluesteel couldn't win a debate concerning "the ending to lost was lame"

True story.

I utterly enjoyed Lost. It is by far the greatest series I have ever watched. Those who don't like it are the lucky ones, as they get to continue their lives without the endless, haunting obsession that is Lost fandom.

I loved it minus a season or two

sawyer is op
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 3:20:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.

Well, not everyone... but the crowd has shifted. We're old guard now.
Tsar of DDO
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 5:47:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/3/2014 3:20:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.

Well, not everyone... but the crowd has shifted. We're old guard now.

*Checks your profile*

3 years ago? More like medium guard.

Signed,

DDO Snob
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 5:50:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/3/2014 12:00:04 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:55:09 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/29/2014 5:47:52 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
Lost was so darn good even Bluesteel couldn't win a debate concerning "the ending to lost was lame"

True story.

I utterly enjoyed Lost. It is by far the greatest series I have ever watched. Those who don't like it are the lucky ones, as they get to continue their lives without the endless, haunting obsession that is Lost fandom.

I loved it minus a season or two

sawyer is op

I definitely prefer some seasons over others, though the "worst" season of Lost is still better than most episodes of -insert show here-.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 10:01:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/3/2014 5:50:27 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:00:04 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:55:09 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/29/2014 5:47:52 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
Lost was so darn good even Bluesteel couldn't win a debate concerning "the ending to lost was lame"

True story.

I utterly enjoyed Lost. It is by far the greatest series I have ever watched. Those who don't like it are the lucky ones, as they get to continue their lives without the endless, haunting obsession that is Lost fandom.

I loved it minus a season or two

sawyer is op

I definitely prefer some seasons over others, though the "worst" season of Lost is still better than most episodes of -Breaking Bad-.

Fvck you.
Nolite Timere
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 10:07:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/3/2014 10:01:12 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 7/3/2014 5:50:27 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:00:04 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:55:09 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/29/2014 5:47:52 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
Lost was so darn good even Bluesteel couldn't win a debate concerning "the ending to lost was lame"

True story.

I utterly enjoyed Lost. It is by far the greatest series I have ever watched. Those who don't like it are the lucky ones, as they get to continue their lives without the endless, haunting obsession that is Lost fandom.

I loved it minus a season or two

sawyer is op

I definitely prefer some seasons over others, though the "worst" season of Lost is still better than most episodes of -Breaking Bad-.

Fvck you.

I don't make the rules.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Posts: 720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 12:44:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 12:39:27 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Everywhere I've been, people rave about how amazing and original Lost is. The only criticism I could find, after multiple Google searches, is that the ending let everyone down and multiple plot lines were never explained. Absolutely no one thinks the first season of Lost was anything less than perfect.

This is my position, after watching the first few episodes: Lost had talent-free swimsuit models for a cast, backstories lifted from a cheap soap opera, a scenario which was essentially a reheated mishmash of other sci-fi plots, and horrible acting, writing, and suspense all around. It has zero merit whatsoever.

I need someone to agree with me on this. I'm in a very fragile epistemological state. I can't imagine that this show could be taken seriously by any intelligent person, and I'm beginning to lose faith in my own sanity. Either that, or the human species.

Let me sum up my Lost experience.

Its a weak show in the beginning, then a little intriguing and then just bad after that. Problem is you at that point have watched enough that you think surely it has to actually be good at the end. Or at least do what stories are meant to do and answer a bleeding question.

Surprise its not. Biggest waste of time I have ever spent on a television series.

If you watched the last season of Dexter and were let down by how they ended it.........
multiply that feeling by a million and you are not even close to how bad it was.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 9:43:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/3/2014 3:20:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.

Well, not everyone... but the crowd has shifted. We're old guard now.

Can't wrap my head around you being old guard. I remember when you first became active lol
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:50:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 9:43:41 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/3/2014 3:20:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.

Well, not everyone... but the crowd has shifted. We're old guard now.

Can't wrap my head around you being old guard. I remember when you first became active lol

Dude... why are you going to go and close your account like that?
Tsar of DDO
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 2:18:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 11:50:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/4/2014 9:43:41 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/3/2014 3:20:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.

Well, not everyone... but the crowd has shifted. We're old guard now.

Can't wrap my head around you being old guard. I remember when you first became active lol

Dude... why are you going to go and close your account like that?

http://24.media.tumblr.com...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 2:23:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/5/2014 2:18:13 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:50:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/4/2014 9:43:41 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/3/2014 3:20:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.

Well, not everyone... but the crowd has shifted. We're old guard now.

Can't wrap my head around you being old guard. I remember when you first became active lol

Dude... why are you going to go and close your account like that?

http://24.media.tumblr.com...

http://i1.ytimg.com...
Tsar of DDO
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 2:26:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/5/2014 2:23:02 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/5/2014 2:18:13 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:50:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/4/2014 9:43:41 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/3/2014 3:20:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.

Well, not everyone... but the crowd has shifted. We're old guard now.

Can't wrap my head around you being old guard. I remember when you first became active lol

Dude... why are you going to go and close your account like that?

http://24.media.tumblr.com...

http://i1.ytimg.com...

http://media.tumblr.com...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 6:49:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/5/2014 2:26:30 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/5/2014 2:23:02 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/5/2014 2:18:13 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:50:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/4/2014 9:43:41 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/3/2014 3:20:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.

Well, not everyone... but the crowd has shifted. We're old guard now.

Can't wrap my head around you being old guard. I remember when you first became active lol

Dude... why are you going to go and close your account like that?

http://24.media.tumblr.com...

http://i1.ytimg.com...

http://media.tumblr.com...

Why'd you re-open the social pinko account?
Tsar of DDO
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 2:13:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/5/2014 6:49:47 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/5/2014 2:26:30 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/5/2014 2:23:02 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/5/2014 2:18:13 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:50:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/4/2014 9:43:41 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/3/2014 3:20:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2014 12:16:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/2/2014 10:25:14 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/2/2014 2:52:53 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/28/2014 1:14:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Lost was quite bad, but there's no reason to ruin it for those who enjoyed it.

This is the kinda sh't I see when I casually decide to log back on? That's it I'm leaving again.

lol

You lurk on here all the time and just don't post...

Not in a bit. It gets boring when everyone is unrecognizable.

Well, not everyone... but the crowd has shifted. We're old guard now.

Can't wrap my head around you being old guard. I remember when you first became active lol

Dude... why are you going to go and close your account like that?

http://24.media.tumblr.com...

http://i1.ytimg.com...

http://media.tumblr.com...

Why'd you re-open the social pinko account?

Just felt like it
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.