Jump to topic:

How am I not a Muslim? :)

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 9:53:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Although it says on my profile, that I am Islamic (a Muslim,) for some reason I get questioned a lot about if I am being truthful or not.

I'd like to know why you would think I'm not.

In this way, I can clarify for you, and at the same time, I would know if I might have had any misconducts or need to re-evaluate my behavior as it relates to my religious practices.

Please don't troll. Thanks in advance. :)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 9:55:58 PM
What evidence do you have that you are a muslim? Until solid proof is provided, we should all be skepical and disbelieve any unproven claims.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:01:53 PM
At 6/28/2014 9:55:58 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What evidence do you have that you are a muslim? Until solid proof is provided, we should all be skepical and disbelieve any unproven claims.

Hmm... well, I believe in The One True God, Allah. I believe Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) was His messenger. I am currently learning to read Arabic, right now I can pronounce and am still trying to learn to translate. I have an Arabic and English version of the Qur'an, that I am going to try to finish reading this Ramadan.

Oh! Ramadan Mubarak by the way. :)

I also have fasted every month of Ramadan for the last 6 years. I'm not sure how I can prove these things over the internet though... :/

I don't know all by heart, but I do know my fair share of surahs (prayers), which maybe on a hangout I could recite... Although that may not prove I am a Muslim, as IF I weren't, I could just learn it to fool you.. Hmm... :/

It's difficult to prove this over the internet. :<
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:04:09 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:01:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/28/2014 9:55:58 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Hmm... well, I believe in The One True God, Allah. I believe Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) was His messenger. I am currently learning to read Arabic, right now I can pronounce and am still trying to learn to translate. I have an Arabic and English version of the Qur'an, that I am going to try to finish reading this Ramadan.

Oh! Ramadan Mubarak by the way. :)

I also have fasted every month of Ramadan for the last 6 years. I'm not sure how I can prove these things over the internet though... :/

I don't know all by heart, but I do know my fair share of surahs (prayers), which maybe on a hangout I could recite... Although that may not prove I am a Muslim, as IF I weren't, I could just learn it to fool you.. Hmm... :/

Ergo, I have no proof, so I should hold no belief. Technically, I don't even believe you or anyone else here exists.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:05:48 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:04:09 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Ergo, I have no proof, so I should hold no belief. Technically, I don't even believe you or anyone else here exists.

Lol. XD Okay. Thanks Ore.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:07:24 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:05:48 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

As you can guess, I'm just trolling. But it is trolling with a purpose (not directed at you, at those that think all must reject God because they have on solid proof).
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:10:21 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:07:24 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

As you can guess, I'm just trolling. But it is trolling with a purpose (not directed at you, at those that think all must reject God because they have on solid proof).

Everyone on DDO is a multi-account of Ore_Ele. He gets on all of your accounts and posts to make it look like this website has actual members.
Nolite Timere
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:11:05 PM
At 6/28/2014 9:53:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Although it says on my profile, that I am Islamic (a Muslim,) for some reason I get questioned a lot about if I am being truthful or not.

In this way, I can clarify for you, and at the same time, I would know if I might have had any misconducts or need to re-evaluate my behavior as it relates to my religious practices.

Personally, there were a lot of things that led me to believe you were a muslim. First of which is that you're from Trinidad and Tobago, which is an ultra roman catholic state. Then you claimed to be homosexual, which led to questioning in a PM that showed a lack of understanding regarding the Quran. Since I live near a popultion nearing 50,000 muslims, I have some knowledge on this. Finnaly, you said you could read Arabic. I posted the arabic word for god, which almost every muslim knows, and you had no idea what I gave you.

That's my speculation on why you are not a Muslim. Plus, there's no proof that you are, and until I see proof, I'm not buying it.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:11:19 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:10:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Everyone on DDO is a multi-account of Ore_Ele. He gets on all of your accounts and posts to make it look like this website has actual members.

LOL
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:11:24 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:10:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

http://37.media.tumblr.com...
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:11:56 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:11:05 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Personally, there were a lot of things that led me to believe you were a muslim. First of which is that you're from Trinidad and Tobago, which is an ultra roman catholic state. Then you claimed to be homosexual, which led to questioning in a PM that showed a lack of understanding regarding the Quran. Since I live near a popultion nearing 50,000 muslims, I have some knowledge on this. Finnaly, you said you could read Arabic. I posted the arabic word for god, which almost every muslim knows, and you had no idea what I gave you.

That's my speculation on why you are not a Muslim. Plus, there's no proof that you are, and until I see proof, I'm not buying it.

Sorry, that you are not a muslim.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:12:34 PM
On a serious note though, XD I wanted to know if my behavior or anything I did ever suggested otherwise?
-Besides me being Pro Gay marriage.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:14:22 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:12:34 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
On a serious note though, XD I wanted to know if my behavior or anything I did ever suggested otherwise?

Like I said, you did not understand the Quran. You even admittedly agreed with me that you know little of its contents. Which means you pretty much conceded to not being a Muslim.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:15:46 PM

Oh, and you keep lying about where your from. Trinidad is in the atlantic time zone, yet you keep claiming the same time as here on the East Coast. Blasphemy!
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:16:34 PM

lol you don't have to prove anything to anyone, Esocial. ESPECIALLY people over the internet. Religion is a personal thing, in any case.

Just be true to yourself.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:16:48 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:11:05 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Personally, there were a lot of things that led me to believe you were a muslim. First of which is that you're from Trinidad and Tobago, which is an ultra roman catholic state.
Yes, but we do have Muslims here. We are primarily a Christian country but we do have other religions.

Then you claimed to be homosexual,
Oh geez Lol. XD I was trying to get Daytona to not flirt with me.

which led to questioning in a PM that showed a lack of understanding regarding the Quran.
Since I live near a popultion nearing 50,000 muslims, I have some knowledge on this.

Yes, I am still learning. Hopefully, Insha Allah, if God wills, I shall be able to learn the entire Qur'an by heart.

Finnaly, you said you could read Arabic. I posted the arabic word for god, which almost every muslim knows, and you had no idea what I gave you.

>.> When? I remember you sending me a Taliban flag... not the Arabic word for God, which is Allah btw.

Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:19:29 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:16:34 PM, Cermank wrote:

lol you don't have to prove anything to anyone, Esocial. ESPECIALLY people over the internet. Religion is a personal thing, in any case.

Just be true to yourself.

I know it is a personal thing. I just thought since I was questioned a lot, I just wanted to ensure I haven't said or done anything against my religion... Like I know I sometimes curse when I get pissed.

Thank you. :)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:21:48 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:15:46 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Oh, and you keep lying about where your from. Trinidad is in the atlantic time zone, yet you keep claiming the same time as here on the East Coast. Blasphemy!

-_______- DUDE. LOL.

XD *laughs crazily*

We. Have. Been. Through. This.

I'm sorry I didn't ask God to make me have a different time from you. I'm sorry I don't control the time to change it from yours. I don't know how the Hell we have the same time but I just know that right now, my time is 11:21. If you don't believe me, that's your problem. :P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:22:01 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:16:48 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
>.> When? I remember you sending me a Taliban flag... not the Arabic word for God, which is Allah btw.

In English. I sent you the Arabic word for god, in Arabic writing. Quran's are rarely translated anymore, as Arabic is supposed to be gods language. I suppose you know some of the 100 hidden words of Islam? If not, I can ask you a few questions regarding the faith.

- What was Muhammad's Profession?
- Where did he flee to after being chased out of Mecca?
- What was the name of the angel who gave Muhammad the word of god?
- What general did Muhammad oppose on his armies march back to Mecca?
- What is the most sacred place of Islam (Worship center)?
- What is the stone inside the Kaaba called?
- How many wives are you allowed to have under sharia?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:24:26 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:22:01 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

In English. I sent you the Arabic word for god, in Arabic writing. Quran's are rarely translated anymore, as Arabic is supposed to be gods language. I suppose you know some of the 100 hidden words of Islam? If not, I can ask you a few questions regarding the faith.

You do realize that doesn't prove anything one way or the other, right?
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:24:34 PM
- What was the name of Muhammad's wife?
- Who seceded him?
- What does the word Islam mean?
- Are you Sunni, Shiite, Sihk?
- What are the sharia rules for eating?
- Name the five pillars of Islam?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:25:29 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:24:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Can we assume someone who doesn't understand the contents of a religious is technically not of that religion? Or they are, and just dedicated to blind faith.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:27:59 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:22:01 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

He was the messenger of Allah. He was first a shepherd and then a merchant.
If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Medina.
Gabriel, I think.
I'm not sure of his name. I'll have to check.
The Kaaba.
I'm not sure if this is the name but I know it as the Black Stone.
I don't know. In Trinidad the most a man usually has is three.

You misunderstand me again. I want to know if my behavior suggested that I was not Muslim. Not a test to determine whether I am or not.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:28:55 PM
- How many chapters are in the Koran?
- What is the end city of Muhammad's kingdom?
- Name the three caliphates that succeeded Muhammad?
- Where did Muhammad receive his revelation on Islam?
- How do Muslims view the dual relationship between the holy ghost and Allah?
- What is the satanic incarnate in Islam?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:30:40 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:25:29 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Can we assume someone who doesn't understand the contents of a religious is technically not of that religion? Or they are, and just dedicated to blind faith.

Perhaps this may be because I don't know a whole lot about it, but how important are each of those questions to the actual religious side of Islam and how many are just historical facts for impressing people? Does knowing that he was a merchant mean anything to the message of the religion? I mean, if it has no meaning and is just some fun fact trivia, then not knowing it doesn't imply anything.

For example, I'll bet that a ton, if not most Christians think Jesus was an only child. I'll also bet that a ton, if not most, do not know the exact path of his teachings. They may know what he said, but not where he said it. But the thing is, what he said is what's important, not where he said it.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:32:51 PM
A Muslim is one that believes in the teachings and messages of Mohammed, not the fun facts of his journey.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:34:38 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:24:34 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
- What was the name of Muhammad's wife?
He had many. Be specific.
- Who seceded him?
Abu Bakr
- What does the word Islam mean?
It's the religion I follow. If I am not mistaken, the meaning is submission.
- Are you Sunni, Shiite, Sihk?
Sunni, although I don't particularly agree with separating us into "sections"
- What are the sharia rules for eating?
I am not sure. But we usually pray before eating. :)
- Name the five pillars of Islam?
-Belief in one God (Shahadah)
-Fast in the Holy month of Ramadan (Sawm)
-Journey to Mecca during Ramadan (Hajj)
-Giving charity (Zakaat)
-Praying five times a day (Salaat)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:34:48 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:30:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Perhaps this may be because I don't know a whole lot about it, but how important are each of those questions to the actual religious side of Islam and how many are just historical facts for impressing people? Does knowing that he was a merchant mean anything to the message of the religion? I mean, if it has no meaning and is just some fun fact trivia, then not knowing it doesn't imply anything.

For example, I'll bet that a ton, if not most Christians think Jesus was an only child. I'll also bet that a ton, if not most, do not know the exact path of his teachings. They may know what he said, but not where he said it. But the thing is, what he said is what's important, not where he said it.

The point, is that if you don't understand the faith behind a religion, or even very basic things about it, then you are likely not truly religious. There needs to be a distinction between someone who calls themselves something and people who actually are something. Do you really think the majority of the world is Christian? No, its just the majority of people are born with so called christian parents and take the title. I often have religious discussions with my friends, and you would be amazed what so many proclaimed Christians don't know.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:37:09 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:34:48 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

The point, is that if you don't understand the faith behind a religion, or even very basic things about it, then you are likely not truly religious. There needs to be a distinction between someone who calls themselves something and people who actually are something. Do you really think the majority of the world is Christian? No, its just the majority of people are born with so called christian parents and take the title. I often have religious discussions with my friends, and you would be amazed what so many proclaimed Christians don't know.

no true Scotsman fallacy.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:37:53 PM
At 6/28/2014 10:37:09 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/28/2014 10:34:48 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

no true Scotsman fallacy.

Anyway, Esocial seems happy googling any questions you have for her so I'll bow out.